Battlegrounds: REMOVE the banana Slamma

Title says it all, a 3 star minion that does more in beast games then any 6 star minion could ever do.

Worse then felstomper, as stomper only gave attack to the summoned minions, this 3 STAR MINION can give out more stats then a Gold baron gold goldrinn build
(Without running the parrot)
Gold baron +Gold goldrin= +30+30 to your 5 remaining beasts beasts (150/150 total)
2 slamma+ 1 Gold bear+ 1 rat pack= X(rats power) 1/1 rats, which all get +10/+10, doubled twice to +21/+21 to +42/+42 in stats per rat = 168/168 in stats on just rats.
And all you is 1 or 2 copies of Slamma, 1 mama bear, and 1 Rat pack, and the stats skyrocket. 4 slots can turn an entire leaderboard around to win you the game. NOT TO MENTION, its also a beast so it can benefit from every beast buff in case someone makes the attempt to zapp slywick it out of way…which honestly in a late game where someone can make that attempt, the rat pack or sewer rat will proably have less attack, forcing it to attack them and giving the beast player free stats

10 Likes

Isn’t it great that poison isn’t a thing anymore so you can’t take out more than one of these over stat minions with the same unit?

All of the people who cried about poison will be begging for it to come back with the stats in this update.

Insanity.

1 Like

Agreed 100%. There’s no point in playing BG right now with Banana Slamma in there. Unless you play Banana Slamma. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Nah Banana Slamma is fine, the battlegrounds meta isn’t even decided yet because not all tribes are in play. I will tell you this a good mech build will beat beasts.

I agree on the remove it, change the effect, change the star value, or a combo of those options. A reanimating Sly Raptor with Titus Rivendare is way nastier than the Rat Pack and with a bit of luck it keeps getting deathrattle minions from it’s random beast summons. If that doesn’t somehow win the game by the time you hit 6 star you have a buffed Octosari dropping a massive tentacle. The Bassgill while nasty just doesn’t have the same level of nasty or use.

1 Like

The game is complete trash now, I uninstalled today . . . done with this horribly designed @#$R. I suggest you save you time and mind and do the same. This dev team has ruined EVERY mode of HS. Well done.

1 Like

Banana Slamma seems such an unhealthy minion. Idk how some clashes can even counter it. Considering people taunt the 1/3 or have to 1/3 beast, it hardly ever gets Zapped. Mega windfury isn’t a thing, poison is changed. Idk feels like it aint the minion to find place in the meta rn

1 Like

Make an even bigger, better banana slamma board.
Either that or play murlocs and also make a really big board.

The problem with making a bigger board, is simply the fact you have to get through the initial stat buffs the beast got (Undead horse for example) and then get through whatever is created after the fact.

For murlocs, they NEED to get to tier 5 to get double crys, hand murloc buffs, etc
Beasts can get to tier 3-4, get the unit that gives you a copy every 2 turns for more slammas, and just sit there and murder the lobby

Murlocs have venomous and a possible hand minions or 2, mechs have divine shield, elementals have buffs, demons have self pain buffs, but thats all their base units that you can see, beasts with slammas have their actual minions a 2nd to their main board, they can stat out their board to kingdom come, and still have more stats buried underneath their deathrattles, that can have a random 63/63 cleaving hydra underneath an innocent 1/3

thats not even counting if they gave the deathrattle beast reborn, just to get another 63/63 6hastcoiler, who can then just drop in 2 leroys

There’s still plenty of fun to be had in BG’s. Only players who give up to easily say it’s pointless to play.

This card has legit been the bane of my existence since this new patch. People always seem to get a triple of this early on, reborn it and then another single copy of it. I’m getting sick and tired of killing a 2/3 rat just to have it’s spawn come back as a 60/60 on like turn 6. It’s such a bulls**t card and just goes to prove that blizzard has zero clue about balance.

The card is a tier 3, so it appears early. It’s also super common. and with the dumb Duo you can easily get a bunch of them.

They need to get rid of leapfrogger as well.

I dunno how that stupid card dodged being removed.

Yes, I really like it when my relaxing play time becomes a chore, so I will go ahead and play whatever unfun trash mode blizzard provides while drinking my pitcher of Blizzardberry Blue Kool-Aid.

Now THAT’S refreshing!

Maybe it’s time for another game?

The point wasn’t that the game sucks and it’s time to quit, the point was that you made an ad hominem against people who took that stance… then suggested it.

It surely has gotten out of hand. People denying it either rarely face the Slammer or beasts or, by some miracle, draw perfect counters.

Yes, sure, it is doable, but as mentioned by others, it is a tough thing to pull of.
Most of my games I now face 3-4 beast boards with everyone going for the slammer, undead horse, bear and other shenanigans, and often the top 4 at the end consists of 2-3 beast players.
Usually that gives you enough indication to think… hmmm… all focused around one card, maybe this needs a change.

By the way the rat pack is the most uninteresting combo to play with the slammer. Tentacle, undead horse, the beast summoning another 7/7 beast…
I mean, come on, the last card alone gives you a 28/28 resummoned beast with two slammers. Add in a bear and whoop whoop it is a 48/48.
How is this early on not game breaking?

Adding that, with combos later on, I have seen 800/800 beasts hit the floor. A bunch of them. Easy!

Someone mentioned mechs. Show me the divine shield mech that can go toe to toe with an 800 beast :wink:

There is tons of combinations with the Slammer and that makes it a bit broken. It’s always good with beasts, it is available very early on and usually when you go for it you end up with two copies right away. (and you don’t even need more)

This should be altred to some degree or at least make it a 4 or even 5 star card.

The problem with beasts in the set-up is that beasts can have base stats in combat and still be able to generate 60/60 minions or more. With other types, you need to buff minions throughout the game.

60/60 is a very, very, very low estimate. It’s easy for them to get way higher. Beasts are simply too consistent, too beefy, also get reborn for sh*t and giggles, death rattles, and incredibly strong base stats.

If you see a Slamma, you can instantly swerve and build your entire setup around it, very reliably.

It’s probably only a bandaid for you but the T4 minion that removes taunt and reborn is your friend against beasts. Pair that with the T6 minion that snipes low attack minions (If you know your opponent doesn’t have minions with less attack than the bear or slammer) and it’s usually GG unless the opponent has buffed his minions or whatever.

Other than that the only other solution seems to be scaling your minions as high as humanly possible, Murloc poison spam (IF there are Murlocs and if you can get a big enough handbuffed minion for the aftermath) and maybe Leeroy if you’re lucky enough to have him survive long enough to snipe something worthwhile.

I think beasts as a tribe just need to be more creative. Balancing the slammer is difficult because if you put him in T5, people choosing beasts probably won’t last long enough to get one or two slammers. So what I’d think would work best would be to completely rebalance beasts into something more innovative and balanced.