Battlegrounds: Mechs need a rework!

I never see anyone play them honestly. Its either undead, undead, or undead, or beasts.

Do you have a source for this? I have barely seen them in any games aside from the occasional Mr.Boombox board which hardly uses any Mechs aside from itself. They still have a terrible early game having the least amount of tier 1 and 2 minions, none of which particularly want to stay on the board with the rare exception of a Pupbot that’s had one too many buffs.

Yes, I have HSReplay subscription and have the stats. I can screenshot if you wish.

Menagerie is tier 1.
Then, top of tier 2 is Mechs.

1 Like

Mechs are more common in lobbies where the players are good. I am not shocked people don’t know how effective they are right now.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m in the 6k bracket, not the greatest but not terrible. I go mechs or beasts.

Also, if I know I’m not gonna get 1st or 2nd, I’ll go demons. They are great mid game and suck late game.

1 Like

Saw dog play some random half exodia 2adys ago… He was third. but I like dogdog.

https ://www.twitch.tv/videos/1778116954
2.50 boombox and kangors … nzoth.

Is this for all players or players over a certain rating as I don’t see any quantifier.

It’s:

1. All players
  2. Top 50% of players
  3. Top 20% of players

Where Mechs are 2nd best next to Menagerie.

The other tribes vary a little in the top 20% (Murlocs and Dragons switch)

So, overall, Menagerie IS the best build and Mechs are THE 2nd best, no matter where you play.

The picture I showed specifically is top 50% of players, but for purposes of showing Mechs are great it wouldn’t matter which one I showed because they are always 2nd best.

1 Like

Do you have numbers on which Mechs get played?

yes. Would you like the break down per turn or range of turns?

Here’s an example:

Turn 8 onwards as I’d call that the mid-late game

Also, where are Naga and Undead on this?

2 Likes

This is what I’m talking about, when it comes to brass tax it all goes back to Dr. Boombox.

He’s definitely really good. Combined with Rivendare he’s awesome.

But this is what I’m talking about, if Mechs have the most success playing explode boards, people have fun playing explode boards and explode boards are good, why not transform Mechs into a tribe about shooting and exploding?

Boombox is pretty much the only explode minion, the other one is Millificent’s buddy. Normally, the way to win via Mechs is to get Deflect-o-Bot early, get Omega Buster with Rivendare and just massively buff your own board, extremely similar to leap frog. That’s how I win 90% of my mech games. The boombox is the only “explode” thing, and, tbh, I use that more in my beast build with deathrattle triggers to help make room for more beast taunts.

Can you get a breakdown that only focuses on a range of mmr? like whats the most played in the 5k bracket and whats played most in the 6k bracket? Ignoring all other brackets. Just curious. Id find that immensely useful over the top players data, personally.

So much wasted time, the star of the show is clearly Boombox. He is leaps, bounds, and years above all others. He needs deleted but after that there’s still Exodia so mechs get no buffs until that’s trashed.

It’s for all players that play on PC and use HSReplay, which is arguably a very large portion of “all” but can’t sync from my phone I guess it’s still lacking some, but maybe not a lot.