Battlegrounds lost balance with Elementals

Actually Elementals can rek poison murlocs if you use the right elementals. I have done it more than once. 70+hp poison murlocs vs 100+ attack Elementals. RIP Murlocs.

1 Like

Besides, that pretty much means that if you don’t play Elementals, you have to play Murlocs for Poison, which still means Elementals are OP cause they’re literally controlling the meta like this.

What if Murlocs are banned, btw?

Personally I think Elementals would be just fine without either Lil’ Rag or Nomi. But they just have way too many cards that blow up too fast. Nomi is just ****ing retarded if you get him early enough.

1 Like

Nomi and Lil’Rag are broken.

1 Like

Wut ??? I mean while Rag will be nerfed, i’m positive about that, i just won a lobby using Menagerie … i mean Elementals are strong, but imo not that broken.

Come back after you run in to 7 elementals with 150+ attack and hp where 2-3 have DS and WF and 2-3 has Cleave on overkill and then 1 or 2 Taunts with 250+ attack and/or hp.

4 Likes

To try and tell me you dont think Elementals are that broken, you clearly need to open your eyes.

They have 0 bad cards. Zero. Every card has its use. Compare that to Demons:

Damaging yourself for health, very situational cards and even its top cards aren’t that great.

Pirates, so many cards that serve little purpose and arent until T5/6 do you see any real benefit. Goldgrubber probably the strongest part

Dragons, takes forever to get any real growth from these guys and if you don’t get good enough RNG you’re probably dead before you can get there.

Murlocs are very slow with great end-game potential but still requires some luck to pull it off.

Elementals?
Party Elem= Instant and sustainable gratifications.
Selemental= Works with Party Elem + Lil’Rag + Majordomo + Nomi. Only technically costs 2 mana
Lil’ Rag = Free 4/4, 5/5, 6/6 for pretty much free.
Majordomo = The only downside is he himself is not an Elemental but still an amazing card.
Molten Rock = An Above average Elemental, but quickly gets out of control when added with the never-ending buffs.
Stasis Elemental = Probably the only other mediocre card, however it nice if RNG isnt working and you need quick Elems.
Arcane Assistant = Free 1/1 for everyone. How can you go wrong especially when those 1/1 will be followed by more 1/1 and buffs.
Crackling Cyclone = Windfury and Divine Shield. On a class that out of control buffs. Oh and when its gold, turns into Mega-Windfury?
Wildfire Elemental = Oh and in case the Windfury doesnt finish the job, now you can just get a free snipe with your absurd attack with this guy. THIS mixed with Crackling was just so OP.
Tavern Tempest = Free Buffs guys! Free buffs!

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING. What part of this ISNT OP? It’s so faceroll.

6 Likes

I believe is that blizzard is purposely flooding the tavern with elementals and purposely making them OP. Understandable since its a new patch minion they want people to play it and enjoy playing it.

Similar to what they did with the launch of demon hunters, make it so OP and everywhere on the tavern so 80% of the playing field plays it.

Expect the nerf hammer and reduction of elementals from tavern soon.

To add, I believe one positive is that its not auto win now Jandice with elementals around. Those pogos can actually be dealt with, without Murlocs

Lol … i have opened my eyes you know … i’ve been playing more BG as of late and … what do you know, they aren’t broken.

Like i said earlier, i won a lobby with menagerie against tons sof elementals players, i’ve been getting 5th and even lower while trying to play Elementals, i’ve seen Dragons wining the entire thing, i’ve survived to second place while using those little 1/1 poison things with Linch King and i destroyed an entire game with Reno and an early Gold Grubber …

So maybe, maybe you just need to, i don’t know … git gud ???

I’m not saying Elementals aren’t strong and i’m sure Rag will be nerfed, that’s a given, noboy is denying that, but to claim Elementals are broken without knowing to properly play is, well … is what i see everyday on this forum.

My skill level is irrelevent. When I see first place opponents consistently being Elemental, that’s my datapool.

Very nice of you to assume that Im bad just because I disagree with your garbage opinion.

I’d say 90% of all games ive played end with an Elemental win.

But hey, you won with a Goldgrubber, I guess that means all my data is thrown out the window. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Why is your garbage opinion better than my garbage opinion ??? i’m not following you on that one …

And yes !!! Exactly, i won with Goldgrubber so of course your data is thrown out of the window because it shows that Elementals are not unbeatable, glad you understood that one at least.

Also, didn’t meant to said you were bad, just that you need to learn how to play against elementals.

how many of those had ragnaros in it …so far ive seen other tribes win
if ragnaros isnt in it

Ragnaros is irrelevant. He is good mid game but late game his 4/4 is tiny when you have galactic Elementals in Bobs tavern.

ragnaros

irrelevant…
nice joke !

3 Likes

UMustBeMentals are stronk now but now no one picks murlocs because of that and I usually get to place 2nd or first since they are uncontested. This allows one to beat elementals even with low number of buff cards if you have some poisons.

Rag Is not Irrelevant … he is at the very least and on a bad day, basically a top 4 guarantee in every lobby and some data put him on a consistent top 2 placement with any decent build.

The thing with Rag is that if you get a few strong minions who are easy to buff, either Elementals or with any form of Menagerie, he becomes a almost unstoppable …

No he is not. He is good yes, but he is irrelevant late game when your Elementals have 60+ attack and hp in the tavern. Then +4/+4 on 2 minions wont make a difference. As i said, he is good mid game but late game he is in fact irrelevant.

1 Like

Last game, did well with mechs until final 2. Then just got stopped by 130+ hp taunt elementals, and all I had to counter was a 1/1 poison.

You are probably under the impression that you need to grow your minion from 0 under Rag’s power … from what i had the chance to play, you’ll get your upgrade around turn 6 depending on your luck and build … and from there you began to grow your strongest minion … by the end of the game we may be talking about an 100/80 Mech with taunt/divine Shield with a some deathrattle effect.

But anyway, at the end of the day, my opinion is irrelevant … however most of the recent data is pointing out that Rag is a Tier 1 hero and even more experienced players are saying the same, so i’m going to go with that.

I think the best way to nerf elementals without ruining their gameplay, is to change lil rag

1. by moving it to Tier 6, or
  2. by changing the card (no elemental tag, so change the name and the character as well) like executus, so in the late game you will have a minion with bas stats

I think Wildfire elemental is fine: it’s worse than a minion with cleave, so if it is too strong it’s only because of some insane scaling.

If it isn’t enough, party elemental is the other good card that may be moved to tier 3 (like the old pack leader) with a change in stats to compensate.

Sellemental is a good minion, but it shouldn’t get nerfed, because it’s just a token that synergizes with all te “when you play an elemental” stuff, so it is necessary (maybe they can give less stats to the token, like 2/1, but imo it isn’t necessary)

1 Like

You will not get a 100/80 from Rag heropower. There is no way, you need 20-23 turns for that to happen. Elementals on the other hand can easily get that and double without ragnaros.

1 Like