Battlegrounds is Now Pay to Win

I uninstalled Hearthstone straight after their so-called update. It was not an update but a cheap cash-grabbing opportunity which they took. They failed to bring any improvements to the game. Instead, it was transformed into a pay-to-win game. It was nearly the only game not infested by extensive monetization, but now it is done and, in my view, will stay as it is. It is a shame. Sadly Activision Blizzard has nothing to do with the old Blizzard, which actually prioritised quality over quantity and respected the gaming community. RIP

You created an account to come here & tell us that you uninstalled the game?

2 Likes

After some time playing, the latest update (coming soon) makes Battlegrounds even more pay to win. The buddy system reinforces having the right hero. A choice of 4 heroes, is the choice between being in the top 4, or not, most of the time. Itā€™s a huge difference. Whenever you get offered a poor hero in the higher MMR lobbies, you can pretty much guarantee a finish in the bottom 3.

2 Likes

Check out babofat on twitch. 14k mmr top 10 eu. F2P

Battlegrounds isnā€™t pay to win. Itā€™s elite only or GTFO.

I didnā€™t notice they removed the ā€œpay to get four heroesā€ option.

Was there a patch Iā€™m not aware of?

I bought the battlepass and can choose from 4 heroes.

Once I hit 5000mmr, I havenā€™t won for over a week.

Go somewhere else. They donā€™t need you to survive. Plenty of people who understand that things donā€™t come free.

Battlegrounds is centered around three broken thingsā€¦ shields, poison, and baron rivendaleā€¦

1 Like

Its not generally the US politician who run down a currency, For example I know the Japanese government has made efforts over the years to lower the exchange rate from USD to Yen.

Actions have consequences, Ok you find a way to forge currency, you forge trillions you are now incredibly rich, guess what the currency you are forging will dive.

Who do you think vote year after year to approve policy to print money like itā€™s monopoly money?

Itā€™s easy to say that when you donā€™t have to live with them, and you live on the other side of the planet.

The irony of this statement as all this ā€œcurrency forgingā€ comes calling to the usa in real time. 2nd time in less than 15 years. Better fire up those money printers again!

But the time, sleezy mega corps like actiblizz get a free pass to false advertise games as f2p, when they are anything but.

Polticians,

now if itā€™s us politicians that drive down the US dollar Is driven down, not for example the Brazilian currency.

Every person in the world pretty much has to live with the past decisions of their politicians. No country has not had bad decisions made at some point in time.

sorry I donā€™t know what you are specifically talking about. If itā€™s the run on the banks in the US and other countries. I believe this run was started because a bank did not cover its risks, it did not even have a person in charge of managing risks, and other people at the bank were not doing there jobs. not because they where printing counterfeit currency.

If you think that they donā€™t influence economic policy, especially in south americaā€¦I have a bridge to sell you.

See the highlighted word there. A lot of people in many places have to live with the decisionof OTHER politicians. Especially those who view drone strikes and the people ā€œaccidentallyā€ caught in them as pieces in a board game.

Back up before people starting pulling their money: bad fiscal policy now leads to more bailouts, which is going to lead to more money printing.

All of which is because sleazy mega corps like actiblizz get a free pass in doing whatever they want, and defrauding their customers. From things as ā€œsmallā€ as claiming bgs are f2p, to much worse.

Influence, yes.

Drive down South American currency? not so much.

True, but since Australia is mostly insulated from that i did not mention it, even its something I know.

Agreed, but while bad fiscal policy contributed it was not the sole cause, the major cause in this case was mismanagement

If you donā€™t think that doesnā€™t equate to devaluing the economy and standard of living for the people there (and has for DECADES), I donā€™t know what to tell you. As of 2021, the us investments there totaled nearly a quarter of trillion dollars. That money isnā€™t going to feed, clothe or house people down there.

you say to-MAY-to I say to-MAH-to, you say po-TAY-to, I say po-TAH-toā€¦

And the common thread is scummy mega corps like actiblizz getting away with thinking they are above the law.

Us company invests money in say Brazil, the Brazilian currency drops, this means the investment is worth less in US dollars.

My po-TAY-to version would be despite spending nearly quarter of a trillion dollars, the US has been unable to prevent the currency from depreciating.