Battlegrounds game ending with players still alive

I was playing battlegrounds earlier this morning. during the last half of the game with only 3 players left, me (being in 2nd place at the time) played against the 3rd place player 3 times in a row while the 1st place player played against a ghost 3 times in a row. After I finally killed the 3rd place player after our 3rd fight in a row, the game ended immediately as the recruit phase started and gave me 2nd place. This was not just a visual glitch where I had actually gotten 1st place. I checked afterwards and I did not get the achievement for 1st place on that particular character and it didn’t add a 1st place win to my total. Has anyone else encountered this issue lately? the latest patch seems to have made battlegrounds very unstable

12 Likes

Its exactly what happend to me 2 minutes ago!! 3 Players left, i played against the 3rd, 1. Player against ghost. I won, game was over i have been 2. Place…

I’ve had the same thing happen in every game I’ve played today. One player either doesn’t play or goes KT right at the start but never loses health when beaten. That player ends up in first place.

Same happened with me. And somebody else showed me it happen to them too. I’m not sure but all the times I’ve seen it so far… it was when you were one of the last 2 players alive and only had 1 HP left. Not sure if that’s the only time it will happen, but that’s what both me and this other guy had was 1 HP when it did this to us.

it has been happening for at least 6 days now. and the reports of it are piling up with the typical lack of response

literally was about to win and it gave me 2nd cmon man…

1 Like

happened with me just now, opponent conceded 5-6 turns ago, we played 3 of us , with him showing as 2ndplace playing with ghost, always dealing 23 dmg to it.
I won, and became 2nd place, with him being alive and having less hp than me.

I can send a screenshot too if recommended, I didn’t get an achievement because of it.

Just hapepned to me, second place fighting third place, killed them, had 24 hp left as ice elemental person. first place norzdomu (they fought literally the same person 3 times in a row earlier wtf) and i had an insane board, but… i got second place… even though i was very much still alive

gold cyclone 79/49
Gold party 35/33
Gold rag 38/38
fire rock ele 36/94
Gold djinni 41/43
Gold garr 34/261
Then that divine shield reborn that redirects taunt attacks
Dude was elementals so now like he coulda poisoned me out, and also we wernt at the final teir of prizes yet.

yeah, hade same problem here, quite many times now, and it starts beeing REALLY anoying.

like every one above i finished the game playing 2 or 3 times against the same player when we were only 3 left and when you check for the first one you notice that he has lost all his figths.

today it just happened while i was playing syndragosa. first player was pyrarid and i had he opportunity to fight against him. by the end of the game he had only one servant and I inflicted him 38 damages but still he remained alive and i ended as the second…

Играл в поля сражений. Осталось три игрока я второй по счёту. Сражаюсь с третьим - выигрываю его и выбиваю. Возвращаюсь в таверну и неожиданно мне пишет, что матч закончился я занял второе место. В доказательство не получил нужное достижение, за первое место на герое. Однако первый игрок остался жив и мы с ним даже не сражались. Если бы он вылетел - мне бы дали первое место. Разберитесь с багами уже или читами.

Happened to me also for the 10th + time and i replied on a similar post. I made another topic post on it too because this is being ridiculous and frustrating. Its either a hack or glitch since the patch update. Cant post my screenshots neither without a url link like cmon its 2021 blizzard. Fix that attachment feature so we can post something from our laptop/phones - not a damn url link. cmon… u dont even have a copy url link for screenshots or copy and paste. Smh

I got the same problem this morning.

Just had this happen to me aswell, I was doing really well too which is kind of a bummer

Came here to report this same bug. In my game, an Elise never played a single minion, but my game stopped recognizing the hits she was taking after a certain point. When hovering over other players’ avatars, their battle history still registered that they were battling Kel’Thuzad rather than an active player. (I never faced her myself.) A bit frustrating, given I was excited to get the achievement for first place with Mr. Bigglesworth and lost it to no one.

I am very disappointed. I am playing battlegrounds just a few minutes ago and I feel that I was cheated. There were only 3 of us left and I fought and won with a player. After the round I was immediately notified that I was 2nd place without even reaching recruit phase. Did I miss something? I would have placed 1st, or am I just wrong?

Randolph#1431
Americas Server

Same Bug here, and this happens more and more often. A bit frustrating…

Yep, I’ve encountered this multiple times. It is definitely an error with ghosts not getting “ghosted” out of the game. I got second place just now to a Malygos that played nothing after turn 1. The game matchmade as if he were a ghost, but failed to zero out his health, which ultimately resulted in him getting 1st (and cheating me out of a 1st place achievement.)

See the following threads - If enough comment their experience on the same thread/threads it might get looked into.

3 Likes

Me Too, just today! The first game, the player was dead in the beginning, kept being killed off, then ended up winning the game because it never showed dead…the player was Adrianborg (who was in the next game I played, which also had an issue). In the next game there were 3 of us left. I beat the third player, which should have left me to play the top player…instead, I won, but lost and came in second.