Battlegrounds destroyed by cheats

When you are only on turn 7 and your opponent has somehow not only reached tier 6 but has 7 minions all at 200+ damage and health then why bother? Battlegrounds used to be fun before the cheat code was out there giving seemingly unlimited gold at the start.

4 Likes

at what rating,

never had a game where someone had 7 minion at 200/200 and teir 6 by turn 7.

but I am just a nub not that far from 6k.

I doubt that this occurred.

And if it did, it probably involved a player who left with 0 units, and their opponent having multiple copies of Overconfidence.

Just had a battleground battle. Turn 12, uCcU had two minions with insane numbers. One at 4674 damage 4660 health, and another at 2070 damage and 2000 health. The other 5 lesser minions were all in the high hundreds. WHY? Why even play with ZERO challenge?

1 Like

Do you even play BGs? I’ve encountered “opponents” on round 4 with 5 minions all 20/20+. There are cheaters in BGs. There are cheaters in Hearthstone. To deny either is showing your stupidity and refusal to open your eyes to how crappy this game has become.

1 Like

Any chance you have pictures of any of the board states you mentioned here? In this extreme case, pictures are necessary as it seems either a perfect high roll or (more likely) a lie.

Think they could’ve had the hero that rolls the dice to give extra gold? Snake Eyes, I think it’s called. Get a six on turn two, upgrade and buy a lvl 3 minion, next turn buy two more; next turn upgrade again to 4?

As for the minions getting boosted, blood gems, and tavern spells could’ve done it.

Pics or it didn’t happen. If you are going to post allegations, you really need to have some evidence to support them.

When you roll a six, you cannot use the hero power for 6 more turns (including the turn you used it). So there’s no way you can (literally) highroll every turn, because you can’t roll every turn.

1 Like

I was thinking that on turn 2; roll the dice. The roller gets 6. I think the dice roll costs 1 gold. That would give the roller 9 gold. Upgrade to level 3, (4 gold); leaving 5 gold, refresh for 1, buy a level 3 minion for 3 gold plus tavern boost spell.

Turn 3, they but two more minions (lvl 3). Giving them 3 minions of lvl 3 while most others have 1 and 2s. Then next few turns buying tavern buffs?

Having minions that are that highly buffed doesn’t seem possible as OP says. Would like to see pics of such too.

Yeah makes sense. Rolling a 6 means 5 extra mana… you can upgrade the tavern, buy minions or buff them with 5 extra mana. But you can’t do all 3. With 5 extra mana every turn (which is what I thought you were getting at) you could… to some extent at least. My bad.

Turn 12 is a lot more reasonable with those stats then turn 7.
Are you trying to troll by talking about a impossible 7 versus say possible 12.

People play for achievements, they play for the big numbers.

It Is quite possible to luck onto a great combo or could be someone who should be 10k rating but keeps deliberately losing games and his rating is around 3500, 4000, I dont think its possible to drop your rating below 3500.

dropping your rating by losing deliberately is not strictly cheating.

Give a screenshot/board replay and people can tell you how he did what he did. but how did someone get a 4000/4000 is too general.

1 Like

I wish Id never reached 6k mmr… I am constantly seeign boards by turn 9 to 12 in the obscenely large digits like 90/90 to 300/300s. I might be abel to get 1 or 2 minions to into the 60/60s but the rest of the board cant scale with them as there are no scaling board wide minions ever offered in the taverns… just a bunch of neutral trash minions and useless tavern spells that dont really help but are abundant like trade 3 health for 1 gold… and demons arent in the tavern. in a pinch it can help but it shouldnt be what I am offered about 60% of the time all game long.

Just to note on this older post. I have not see this obvious but just had seen someone with 5 200attacks and 6 minions were tripped going into turn 10. Nozdormu was the hero. didnt realzie how a free refresh was so good to have

I’m bad at Battlegrounds: The Thread!

Your valuable insight was definitely worth necroing a 3yr old thread…

Which one? This one is a little less than 3 months old.

How would they have enough gold to upgrade five times, and buy a huge army, in the first seven turns?

Someone is exaggerating.

There are many funky combos in this game that make it look like cheating

Elemental Spell synergy is probably the most aggressive synergy, just requires a bit of luck on both sides, and you can start producing out 200/200 minions just when people start hitting tier 5.

Guys. If you look up hearthstone memes one of the first things you’ll see are “the four horsemen” Specifically Tarecgosa (3 tier) trickster imp (2 tier) that Parrot (2 or 3 tier) and Extra deathrattle person (tier 5)
Even without the parrot these forces combine to make tarecgosa essentially unkillable (as long as nobody uses the elemental or murloc instakills. Or Leeroy). Do with this info what you will

I think you’re thinking of the old Voljin hero power