Battlegrounds: Because of Pay2Win, ppl concede

You can place top 4 with any Hero if you play it right. If you want to play broken stuff and try new strategies for a slight advantage, that’s what the perks do.

Sure you can, but that is irrelevant for this argument. Getting to play the top heroes more often clearly gives you an edge over non paying players. The fact that you can pay to get an advantage in a ranked gamemode is a joke.

1 Like

we’re not all at 5k mmr ><

2 Likes

That is hilarious. I won without the tavern pass. People seems to pick tribes way too early rather than see it out at tavern tier 3.

1 Like

Selwynn. Are you mentally challenged? Do you not understand the concept of Pay-2-win?

It means that you get perks that has advantages in the game from what the non paying player has. that’s all.

It’s not about that “I’m welcome to win without paying”, I can win without paying but I start with a disadvantage. It’s very basic. You Must pay attention in school, you show terrible understanding of common logics.

P2W = Having a significant, often game changing advantage to win against free to play players by paying.
All Heros are winnable, having an extra choice isn’t P2W, just because you lack skill to play some heroes doens’t mean others with more chance of getting it is getting an advantage in winning. Play what you want is not winning. If you can pay to have 1 extra Gold its P2W, but no, all heroes are at least OK.

Would you feel like a hero if I was? It wouldn’t make you look any better, that’s for sure.

I would agree with you IF you could NOT purchase the tavern pass with free, in game currency. I have never spent an irl currency, only hS goldz, to buy a tavern pass.

If you don’t actually have to pay, it can’t be pay to win.

I lol’d at the irony here.

1 Like

That’s like saying paying 50 gold each match for an extra 5% chance of winning is not pay2win because you can get that currency in game. Very untrue.

1 Like

Your example is unrelated to the actual pass, though. Not even close to paying each game for a specified win chance boost.

I’m not convinced the pass increases win chance, and there’s not data that can prove causality here, so we would have to agree to disagree.

Tavern pass isn’t why people win or lose in the bg.

Are you serious or trolling?
You don’t see how having 2 extra picks at better heroes can increase your chances to win or get top 4?. I’m done.

1 Like

I see how it could be possible, but it’s also not a given.

But someone without it can high roll and low roll heroes too.

Without causal data, you can’t honestly say only guess.

Well, guess we can scrap hero-tier lists, Selwynn says they’re all about as good after all: the difference is supposedly too small to put them in different tiers. Selwynn clearly knows better than them!

wtf are you talking about?

I said nothing like this.

It’s 1 or the other: either the difference is big enough to justify a hero tier list which in turn means the pass is P2W, or the pass isn’t P2W which means the difference between heroes is so small a tier list is unjustified.

what? The pass gives no guarantee of a hero you like, want to play, or gud hero.

It gives piles of crap heroes frequently. Tier lists are unrelated to tavern pass.

My statement was that every hero can win, and the stats …except maybe galakrond, that thing needs to be removed like last month … show that all of them have times when they win. Some win more than others, but a hero doesn’t guarantee winning - because all of them lose frequently.

This idea that the only reason you can’t win a bg is because you don’t have perks is a cop out.

Get gud and quit ur kvetching.

I think it’s more that you get familiar with certain heros if you can pick them every time, rather than one being a bit more powerful than the other.

If you get a random hero every time, you really don’t know the best way to take advantage of its power.

If you can pick the same 2 or 3 heros each time, you can build a strategy around them and you know which minions to pick.

Limiting the amount of heros you need to figure out, speeds up the process of maximizing the potential of the ones you do use.

This doesn’t happen in my lobby, maybe ur lucky?

I mean, I guess if you could do that it would, but I am telling you three out of four lobby I don’t have a hero I want to play.

I mean, that says more about the fact that half the heroes are bottom tier right now and the line between 3rd and 4th is arbitrary.

Yeah.

Well, on the one hand I believe all heros have the potential to be good in the right hands.

But on the other hand, it is clear that with some heros it is really hard to take advantage of them. I have some heros where I seriously don’t use their power at all, because I feel I am just wasting mana.

Blizzard has an incentive to make some easier to use (therefore not better or worse), to sell perks.

yes

This is true. I didn’t realize people don’t know how to play daryl until recently because he’s a brainless top four. Counter that with Maiev being strong as hell but subtle and difficult to play.

I hear that. Nefarian should be a hard counter to murloc, but you don’t live long enough to use it consistently.

I disagree here, though. I think they are truly in a beta and trying to understand what direction is best for hero design.

If you look at the bottom tier, it’s predominately the heroes that have little impact/slower impact on the first six or eight turns and therefore don’t get to turn 12.

If you look at the top tiers it’s heroes that can help you buff or widen your board quickly and minimize early damage.

Pirates, because they buff while attacking you end up with more of them on the board at the end, really sped up the meta and made early success vital.

Blizzard are kind of at a design fork where they need to pick if they want early aggressive hero power or slower more subtle late game powers.

1 Like

A free turn in battlegrounds for tier s heros, essentially means first place if you are high rolling.