Azerite Snake is currently ruining this release for me

Azerite Snake is ruining everyone’s release day. I have no idea what the hell they were thinking giving warlocks a 4 mana pyroblast (the damage for which CANNOT BE MITIGATED BY ANY MEANS) and it gives them 10 bonus health to work with, so aggro decks can’t kill them.
If they want to give Warlocks a pyroblast with lifesteal that is only earned after completing a pseudo-quest that’s fine, but for the love of god at least make armor/Solid Alibi type effects mitigate some of the damage.

2 Likes

From one of the best regulars on these forums, ran!dom new guy.

Yes, Scyhlas opinion holds more water than yours does. Maybe one day you will reach that mantle

The ironic part is that it is no longer the best deck in the meta ATM. That is currently on lockdown with DH. Before the game even starts they just win the game without having to attack with a minion.

Realy Blizzard? you can get max 35 hp whit prince renathal but you give the warlocks a card whit 10 hp soak… Salonbrewmaster 2x thats already 20hp. Youthfull Brewmaster 2x 40hp already buuuut if not enough there is still Zola the gorgon 50hp. its anoyly dumm…

Lol, I see I’m getting some recognition here. I’d prefer not to share my deck list at this time. I at least wanna play around with it for a good month or two. I’ve already hit legend with it this month though. I’ve only seen a similar list on ladder a couple times the past few months and I really don’t want it becoming common. I will say this though. It’s a hunter deck.

2 Likes

Good news, ZachO tweeted that Azerite snake is OP. So hopefully we get nerfs for it, since Blizzard has their marching orders.

If you can’t beat 'em, join 'em. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I assume you mean the Naga DH deck with Sharpshooter and Momentum? The “irony” is that deck gets man-handled by healing and armor, or any decent board. It’s not nearly as explosive as Naga Mage. I haven’t lost to a Naga DH yet.

One match was hard-carried by Maw and Paw, they conceded on turn 6 after the second MnP trigger. Another was hard-carried by Gnome Muncher, they had to punch through that. And I’m not even playing a control deck.

Design is straight braindead not smart or anything like that either lol. steal health from opponent and add it to your hero gap is 20 health now.

Thank you everyone for validating what I was thinking. I love looking forward to releases of this game, but yesterday was something else. I loved the dragon druid theme but unfortunately Warlock probably has close to a 100% win rate against me. The one loss being sludge Warlock which I was super happy to see someone playing something other than the meta deck. It’s got to the point that I hold out to see if a warlock plays an excavate card and if they do I concede. It’s the not being able to heal that kills my enthusiasm. This deck counters a CORE MECHANIC of the game completely. Thanks for suffering the ladder with me. Sorry you’re suffering on the ladder with me.

2 Likes

it feels like the devs have never been a DM in their lives. the first rule of D and D arguably, the only rule that should be unbreakable, is… nothing is unkillable. everything has to have a way to be killed/destroyed. this snake should not exist without a VIABLE counter. by viable i don’t mean make everyone play aggro.

currently only lost to one drum druid, and my own misplays. it is stupid strong. usually this is where i start my “unnerf the mad duke!!” rant. but even he would be overwhelmed with this nonsense.

2 Likes

Just happened to me.

Turn 2 Kobold Miner
Turn 3 Kobold Miner
Turn 4 Moarg Driller
Turn 5 Burrow Buster
Turn 6 Snake + Brewmaster (old)
Turn 7 Snake + Brewmaster (new)

This is complete garbage. The guy never even tapped. Nothing I did mattered. I had healing, armor, and board control and it made no difference.

2 Likes

I run kolo with s ourge in my rogje and shadowstep.it

1 Like

Number of posts does not equate to quality of thought

1 Like

Who could have seen this coming…

Asked them to nerf it weeks ago.

Haven’t touched the game yet, i try it out when nerfed i guess.

Man, I’ve not posted anything in years and never in Hearthstone. But yeah it’s really crazy this deck made it to launch. I’ve spent the last few weeks crafting different control warlock/warrior decks because I was tired of the aggro meta (after coming back to the game since pre pandemic). There are some really cool things in this expac and I was able to counter Enrage and Aggro pretty well. Then I rolled into a contest against the snake with 40 armor and 30 health and taunts and just lost. Feels so bad. If you come across this past turn 7, you will lose every time. They have multiple cycles with brewmasters and gorgon that it just makes the game meh. It cannot remove max health period, unless its so low to be worthless, old school hero upgrades did that with benefits but at a cost to the originating player. This is just all upside all day. Even the Arcane hunter decks have to activate to do 5 damage (not max). Shudderwock took play order to get the right outcomes and was nerfed. This is just poor design and no accountability to the player base.

1 Like

Really, really annoyimg! Hotfix needed asap!

1 Like

Agreed… this card is just another proof of the developer’s incompetency… fail… I already saw it when it was revealed… this card will be a problem… :roll_eyes: Hope they will nerf it hard or set it’s mana cost to 10…

1 Like

Just make the cost 9 with a bigger body, problem solved.

Steal max health and increase your? What the hell they thinking for a 4 manas card do that with the MASSIVE ammont of 10? If keep this insane low cost then reduce the life stolen to 5.

1 Like

Yeah, this is also a huge problem… reducing oponent’s max HP? This must be a joke…