Azerite snake about to be nerfed

my beta card back and gold mechatorque tells a different story.

the fact i don’t have used the forum before is because i rater play the game and self intitled forum people like you are not the kind i like to hangout.

you can keep the forum.

the game i play for ten years and, for the first time, needed to call out a card, will be fixed to my liking. you, who i didn’t even knew, been so pissed off is a kind of a cherry on top this nerf.

i’m glad i came here.

good nerf day!

Sorry don’t believe you at all Mr. 5 post.

You hide behind your 5 post avatar and say your a beta player so what I been playing well before you and you just decide to call out a card … wow so big of yourself :ok_hand:

my battle tag: Curufino#1524

you can add me and check the card back

This is probably the most grossly overpowered card they have ever created. Let’s compare it to say Sire Denathrius, who was also nerfed. He costs 10 and in the current game would need 10 Infuse in order to have a similar effect as this stupid card. Meanwhile, this card only costs 4 mana, making it simple to constantly copy/return to your deck and play over and over until your opponent is dead. The fact it is not a lifesteal and changes the max health of each player is what makes it doubly crippling, because you can’t ever recover from the damage lost.

Who came up with this card and thought it was a good idea? In my mind this thing should cost 9 or 10 mana so it cannot easily be copied/returned to hand, and either half the amount of damage done and change the effect to a lifesteal or if you leave it as is, reduce the amount stolen to 2.

2 Likes

I have only been playing Warlock in the new Standard environment, and the first time I abused The Azerite Snake, I killed a warrior who had more armor than I had life. That had to be a very salty loss for him.

The Azerite Snake as it was released is among the worse broken cards that they have ever made, and it will be among quickest cards to ever be nerfed. Let’s not pretend that it’s getting nerfed so quickly just because a lot of players don’t like the card.

1 Like

ok, so address the points i made in my previous posts on how it is not op instead of talking out of your rear. anyways; how can you even tell that is op in not even 24h? check the math 55% win rate. it is a slightly better than average deck. so yes, it is just a bunch of whiners again. it was a great counter to a lot of op stuff, still dies to aggro and druid and even priest

I think they should wait a week to see if the win rate is high enough to warrant a nerf. And if the win rate is way too high, then a nerf would be in order. But they should be waiting for the meta to settle before a knee-jerk reaction to forum whining.

I like the reduction of the health pool. It’s different and interesting. Keep it. Maybe reduce it to 8 health instead of 10 so you need 4 snakes instead of 3. But only if the overall win rate of the deck is an outlier compared to the rest of the meta.

The stealing of 10 health is the problem. Taking ten health from a player’s health pool and adding to your own is a huge swing, and it’s easy to do this repeatedly over a few turns, and once it’s done twice, the opponent can have a large amount of healing in hand, but it won’t matter because they cannot get their life total high enough to survive another snake—unless they also are playing snakes.

Here’s me playing a third snake and killing my opponent on turn 8. It’s so ridiculous.

https://imgur.com/a/rmCGImF

1 Like

i just played that deck for the firs time with a plague DK

i was lucky my opponent got the frost plague twice in a row

preventing him from playing the snake twice in a turn and i was able to win thx to this

maybe a nerf to 5 mana can drastically increase the chances to win just by preventing it from being played twice in a turn

Lol no, but this type of attitude is hilarious. In your mind, he was salty and mad but in reality, nobody cares about a loss to a meta slave using the OP snake. I love how you think you “surprised” him with the snake though lol

Most of us knew about the OP snake well before release likely yourself included but yeah I’m sure he was flabbergasted by your uber skills cause he had more armor than you had life whoa.

Did something get lost in translation? It does not take “uber skill” to win with The Azerite Snake. Who would even think such a thing?

In fact, it takes less skill to pilot an Excavate Warlock deck than it took to pilot a Zoo Warlock deck back in the early days of vanilla HS.

I did not share the killing of a warrior example to demonstrate how clever or skillful of a player I am, but instead it was to show how OP and absurd the snake is. I think the warrior had 26 armor and 9 life left, before I killed him with the third snake. I expect losing while still having 26 armor would annoy most warrior players. :upside_down_face:

But hey, thanks for supporting my point, which was that The Azerite Snake is brokenly OP and deserves the incoming nerf.

Btw, I started off messing around with a Highlander Warlock deck because it was a fun concept to explore, but I thought I would like to experience Excavate Warlock before the snake got nerfed, since I was only one card short of making that deck as well.

You seem more salty going out so strong. The card is toxic and devs have agreed. Deal with it.

1 Like

Agreed… this card is broken what ever you say… It will be nerfed today and I hope that help, or else… I will give up my fair attitude and switch to pure Paladin as well… I had enough of this incompetent developer team… The game is not rewarding for fair players… only mindless power creep rules… and that is just pathetic… They rather should fire the whole developer team or shut down all of the servers and make end to the game than creating more and more stupid broken cards like this… THAT was the last drop for me! :angry:

I don’t think it would annoy anyone that knows the snake ignores armor, in your story this war is stacking armor oblivious to how the mechanic works and then is “salty” when he loses to snake. What I am saying is likely he like everyone else is well aware of snake was not surprised at all when a warlock used the most popular build and beat him with the most popular method. The snake being OP was known well before launch, just my 2 cents.

Isn’t it strange that Microsoft buys this game and immediately Activision tries to kill it with this expansion?

Microsoft might want a refund for their broken purchase lol

Here is the nerf an increase of 1 in the cost of the card, even at 5 mana the card is still as stupid.

Do you think your players are idiots?

The very card with 10 mana is stupid so it must be deleted.

They stated this is a temp for now. They don’t have the tools atm to make a change this hard. They are circling back during the 3 week meta patch.

Very ridiculous. Imagine how ridiculous it is to get killed by pure paladin on turn 4, even though you drawn all your answer cards, yet no nerf ever came to gardens grace and trash like that. Complaining about a turn 8 lethal LOL

1 Like