AVOID Golden Packs - cheating ripoff

50 packs, 0 legendaries.

You read that right. Statistically there should have been 2-3. I got none at all. Not one. (And only a few epic.)

Uncool under any circumstances, but so much worse here since the MAIN reason I bought the golden packs was for dust. I dithered about it, not caring much about golden and not wanting to waste such big $$$. But then I thought about dusting all the dupes and ones with less compelling art, and using all that dust to complete some earlier collections. So I shelled out.

And got ripped off the worst I can ever recall in a TCG. Cheated.

Thanks Blizzard, real cool. It’s hard to think of something as underhanded as offering special packs and secretly turning off the statistics for balanced draw. You’ve really outdone yourselves for evil. You chose to ream players for way more cash AND deny them the benefits they think they’re paying for

4 Likes

Zedry Open 9 Golden epic in 25 pack XD

And i will call total BS on this one.

You spent 200 dollar just for some dust? Wow.

1 Like

golden packs are for gold cards collectors not to get dust…if all your after is boosting your collection, you get twice as much rolls from buying double 60 packs which is about nearly the same price as the golden bundle…ya doing your maths wrong dude :S

1 Like

You’re better off buying packs of those sets you’re missing most for how much those golden bundles cost.

1 Like

As long as people like you keep buying it, nothing will change. So, congratulations, you are part of the problem.

4 Likes

I didn’t explain well enough. I’ve been a serious collector for years. Just wasn’t sure more goldens alone were worth it. Then I rationalized that dust from the goldens I didn’t want/need would help me add to my collection. On balance (with cool goldens I’d long wanted), I thought it would be worth it.

The point of this post was that I was ripped off. Instead of paying more for packs that were like usual but all golden, I was cheated with a lower (non-existent?) legendary ratio.

Until now, buying 50 packs one could ALWAYS statistically get some legendaries. Had I known Blizzard would cheat me out of that here, I would NEVER have bought. That simple.

So others who may be considering this, be warned!

You didn’t collect anything. The cards in “your” account (which is actually just rented to you, and is still owned by Blizzard) are just on a loan, and are owned by Blizzard. They can even take them away without giving any reason. You just purchased temporary access to them.

Writing this in the off chance you didn’t know, and think those cards are now yours.

There is no rule stating you will get a specific amount of legendaries from the golden packs. Thus, getting zero is no cheating. “Only” a rippoff. Which I am sorry happened to you. And it is good you posted it here.

So, this made me curious. Why didn’t you read the rules in the first place?

show us a video of you opening all 50 packs, or i wont believe you

Your mistake was thinking that you could get a good drop% while not being a streamer promoting Blizz content.

1 Like

being a streamer mean nothing… i’am a non-streamer that often slightly superior roll on legendaries… and i certainly mouth off at acti fairly often(while sticking to forum rules(except 1 time that i technicly went a little off of what is alloted)) …rng is rng…anyway…he should not be complaining at all…while he may not have open a single legendary from those packs…there was TWO golden Legendary that came along these golden packs

Oh you better believe it. Zeddy who is a hearthstone content creator opened 50 golden packs and received 0 legs.

He is also on a Blizzard blacklist. So…

is it on video?

yes it’s on youtube, very funny lol

1 Like

looking at it now, he only opened 25 standard packs and 25 classic packs, in golden, but not 50 of each

legendary is 1 in 40 so, this doesnt count

3 Likes

of course not, 25 packs in each version. 40 packs is pitty timer, we all know that. if you are thinking 50 packs from same version, then you are right you definitely will receive at lease 1 leg
sorry for the confusion. but still 50 golden packs (combined) without 1 single leg is somewhat scam

feels bad but not a scam, its only 25 packs

when? :no_entry_sign: