AVOID Golden Packs - cheating ripoff

cut sw is good choise for money from YT video… more unbelievable = more click :smiley:

1 Like

“Pity timer” people, you do know it doesn’t apply to certain packs, like the “year of something” packs, or golden ones, right?

I have never suffered from a bad drop% for legendaries. I have averaged 1 in ~20 packs over 6+ years. My son watched yesterday as I bought 3 packs for fun. 1xLeg, 1xGold Leg, 2xGold rare. The Gold Leg was a junk one, so it was a nice way to immediately get cards I do need.

Imagine buying packs to get dust at a 1/4 ratio at best instead of buying directly the cards you need for even less money :joy:

With 200$ you could have bought both preorders, with 2x legendaries (one golden), 5 golden packs and some money left!

Are you sure about them?

What about standard/wild packs?

I am pretty confident I got the 1st legendary in my first 10 packs and I assume the legendary pity timer is there.

I heard about golden packs not having a pity timer because “there is no need for it since they aren’t obtainable”; but now that they sell bundles with them, maybe they change it.

1 Like

Just read the official text, no need to believe me.

1 Like

New bundles now, with regular packs this time. Oof (if ya already spent on the golden ones but didn’t want to)

You didn’t collect anything. The cards in “your” account (which is actually just rented to you, and is still owned by Blizzard) are just on a loan, and are owned by Blizzard. They can even take them away without giving any reason. You just purchased temporary access to them.

Great point. Is it right to call Hearthstone a TCG when the T in that stands for trading? Makes me think the #1 improvement to HS we should really be asking for is to make cards tradeable with other players. I just with they had a reasonable way to buy dust with gold directly instead of forcing you to recycle it through packs.

Since the OP was buying gold packs to dust that seems like extra work for nothing since they no longer show your gold cards along with your regular ones when you go into crafting.

OP is a perfect example as to why Blizzard never change. More money than sense and Blizzard were only too happy to relieve you of it :slight_smile:

Streamers have different algorithms than regular players.