Arena is pure bs nonsense

ive done arena 11 times in the last two weeks. i haven’t seen a SINGLE death knight for me, and no matter how well i draft or how well i play, i always run into a DK, a warlock with a ton of removal, or a mage with 10+ discovery cards who eventually RNG’s into some busted dragons or evocation.

i do arena runs in the hopes that ill get more than 1 card pack and break even, but the game absolutely refuses to give me good cards. and if it does? welp all 3 of my matches are against guys with multiple legendaries, dks, or some bs control deck someone built.

you can’t tell me this mode isn’t disgustingly imbalanced. the only classes sitting above 50% winrates are dks, locks, and druids. if you don’t get those classes you’re not going ANYWHERE in the arena.

5 Likes

“i haven’t seen a SINGLE death knight for me”

Did you unlocked the DK class, because players are unable to play DK in any mode until they do.

“you can’t tell me this mode isn’t disgustingly imbalanced. the only classes sitting above 50% winrates are dks, locks, and druids. if you don’t get those classes you’re not going ANYWHERE in the arena.”

DKs are still currently broken in Arena. I have finished six DK runs this week with between 6 to 8 wins, and I have one incomplete run right now with 9 wins so far.

HSReplay currently ranks the top 7 best Arena classes (based on win rate) as:

#1 Death Knight 56%
#2 Druid 52%
#3 Shaman 50%
#4 Warlock 50%
#5 Hunter 49%
#6 Mage 48%
#7 Priest 46%

My own personal order preference for class picks right now is: DK, Warlock, Shaman, Mage, Priest, and Druid.

“always run into a DK, a warlock with a ton of removal, or a mage with 10+ discovery cards who eventually RNG’s into some busted dragons or evocation.”

Now I am not going to explain why you are likely to face so many broken classes and drafts, even during your first 3 matches, but I will confirm that the vast majority of your opponents will be playing a broken draft, even in the early matches, and I will leave you to deduce how this can be.

Just observing how over-represented DKs are in the early matches should provide some insight as to what’s going on.

1 Like

Cards like Astalor really exasperate this problem in Arena, where badly balanced cards are even more impactful than they are in Standard.

Surprisingly, I just managed to beat a Druid, who drafted and played two Astalor by turn six with my own Priest draft, which included Lor’themar and 2 Flesh Behemoth to help soak up the 14 points of random damage on turn ten and beyond. My Priest run is currently at 9 wins now.

Astalor alone can nearly make an Arena deck broken, but drafting 2 Astalor makes for the kind of ridiculously insane deck that one tends to encounter after reaching 8 or more wins.

I hope you not pay for arena, all scripted and manipulated, matchmaking, draft, rng

1 Like

Only with gold.

Because I have been so dissatisfied with Standard, I have not spent any money to support the mode for several years.

I mostly play Arena these days when the meta is fun or I casually play BGs when they do not suck (as they do now).

I am basically waiting for the devs to fix Standard before I will support Hearthstone again.

I hate to admit that I am actually enjoying Arena right now, despite how poorly balanced it currently is.

Death Knight has been a lot of fun to play in Arena, and I am sure that it’s currently overpowered-brokenness has a lot to do with that.

Right now, there are more than a few broken cards in Arena that are way too impactful, such as:

Astalor
The Scourge (DK)
Lord Marrowgar (DK)
Lor’themar
Soulstealer (DK)

Notice that three of the above cards are DK cards, a class which also has some other very strong cards like:

Necrotic Mortician (*)
Army of the Dead
Battlefield Necromancer
Blightfang
Patchwerk
Deathbringer Saurfang
Frostmourne

(*) Necrotic Mortician is so powerful because it’s possible to discover cards like The Scourge, Lord Marrowgar, Battlefield Necromancer, or Blightfang from it.

I have had a lot of DK drafts over the past two weeks get 6-9 wins. I currently have one unfinished DK run that is 9-1 so far.

Some other very impactful cards in Arena right now are:

Ysera
Sneed
Kalecgos
Overlord Drakaru

There is a lot of removal in the meta, which is something that I like.

Overall, I like Arena right now because drafting decks makes Arena feel less stale and repetitive to play than other modes.

Arena mode should be extinct a long time ago, but it’s not because you Americans support this unfair and expensive mode!

No matter your wording, this mode is unfair and managed by only one employee, as stated on the official Hearthstone website. We must understand that Blizzard is a small company!

Well, since I just discussed in another thread some details about how gold farmed from botting negatively impacts Arena there is no longer any point to being obscure when it comes to talking about “super drafts:”