Anomalies, more lucky garbage

Overall, I was OK with anomalies, until this happened…

It seems the anomaly is bugged. I had 4 mana, I’d just dredged a 4 mana card, and I drew something completely different.

As much as it sucks, what you observed is working as intended.

The anomaly doesn’t state or imply that the card will use all of your mana, only that it would be possible to play the card on your turn.

It won’t draw an 8 mana card on turn 4, but you are free to draw 1, 2, 3, or 4 cost cards. In the case of dredge, it seems like it pulls a random card around dredge, which is unfortunate, but the wordng implies it replaces traditional draw with the anomaly draw.

Goldwing costs 4 mana, and it was on the top of my deck because of Seafloor Savior. But for some reason the anomaly made me draw a card that wasn’t on the top of my deck, even though the top card was playable that turn.

I understand what you are saying and why it should have worked like you expected, but I’m telling you that the anomaly does not draw the top card in your deck - it picks a random card in the deck that fits the “playable this turn” aspect of it.

I think it’s cool and fun and brings a welcome (temporary) change to the game.

1 Like

The anomaly says the first card DRAWN is one the player can play that turn.

Cards are always drawn from the top of the deck. (if possible)

Obviously if the top card cost too much mana, the anomaly would cause me to draw a different card, but that wasn’t what happened.

So, if the anomaly is “working as intended”, then it must be “intended” to override the Dredge mechanic, even when the dredged card can be played that turn, making dredge effects useless.

Is that intended?

Yeah, me too. But I didn’t expect it to override mechanics like dredge. It appears to have shuffled the deck (for no apparent reason) before drawing the card.

1 Like

I would think it was by my reading, but the only way to find out for sure is to post in the bug report forum and see what comes back.

Yeah, I did that before I posted here:

[quote=“Anomaly bug cost me a game, post:1, topic:113711”]

Apparently, its not a bug, its working “as intended”, its just not the way I expected. The game “draws” a random card form the deck that satisfies the criteria, without regard to the position of the card within the deck.

It appears that I made the mistake of assuming that a DRAWN card would be the top card in the deck, if that is possible. Apparently, that isn’t the case.

1 Like

Recently came back a week before the anomaly garbage. Immediately turned me back off. What a shame they are so good at completely draining the fun from any game they make.

4 Likes

Blizzard, your random garbage is getting out of hand. This game is now just a coin flip, and I’m sick of it.

2 Likes