Anomalies, more lucky garbage

It is unreal the amount of lucky crap they incorporate into this game to appease younger, less talented players. Just have us flip a coin to determine win, loss for goodness sake. All anomalies do is add luck, luck, and more luck to even a playing field for poor players. Microsoft is just as bod as Bli$$ard ever was. Time to quit this trash game. You less intelligent gen z have fun…

9 Likes

Randomness has always been in the game and it has even been more present in the past
I don’t know what’s your problem with younger generations but that statement is just mean and irrelevant

1 Like

Stop crying! I didn’t like this miniset and now I want everyone to be happy with this new random proposal! When the guy has never played mage in his life and thinks random effects are good!! You might even win some games with this random effect, but be prepared that you will also lose a lot of games!! Stop crying!!

1 Like

Ironically, while the increased variance can create occasional lopsided games, it also demands more skill from players particularly during the mulligan phase but also throughout the game.

Also…
Annomalies get less lopsided if people change their deckbuilding to less extremist approaches.

Put up a good mix of Minions and spells.

Don’t make your plan around a single card.

Basically they incentive decks to be healthier because you don’t know what annomalies you gonna have to deal with.

So stuff like spell DH turns into a very bad idea.

You have it the other way around, good players know how to adapt, how to strategize around it.

Poor players are lost outside their comfort zone. Unable to think outside the box, they come to this very forum to complain how they now actually have to think about their play.

2 Likes

So lose more games based on bad deck building instead of losing random games for unpredictable mechanics. Nice

1 Like

i barely noticed a difference when playing decks i built before the mini set release

1 Like

If you start gaining 2/3 % in many matchups is it really bad deckbuilding or just shutting up and adapting?

this game was never about skill, it’s always been heavily luck based stop this delusion of yours lil bro.

If the game was never truly about skill, how come player like Meaty, PocketTrain, Gaby, etc… always finish in the top 5 legend?

Adapting to what? What in deck building are you adapting? And even if you have an answer, is this positively affecting your winrate?

The only thing the event does is mix up Hearthstone. Blizz isn’t concerned with winrates or what benefits, it’s literally random because maybe it’ll be fun.

This isn’t a “good players will have better winrates than before because they navigated RNG,” it’s literally a “some decks will have autolosses in certain matchups depending on the RNG.” If spell DH gets Army of the Corrupted (first minions cost 1 less) against an aggro deck, who do you think has the steep advantage here?

2 Likes

Anomalies are a bit weird and causes unwelcome changes to ladder games. Havent played much with them yet but they feel like something that should have stayed in BGs and maybe for arena or duels. Dont think its a match for the core game.

1 Like

it is heavily luck based, there is skill involved sure but compared to any other game it is laughable.
however all of those people you just named have a HILARIOUS amount of playtime in this game.
Enough games will push you high up in the ranks with a meta deck tailored around your rank.

1 Like

And isn’t good they aren’t concerned?

So we actually have something to find out rather than have everything given.

You mix things for people who don’t cares and creates a “tough new world” for people at the top to search for answers.

When they get actually find and get popular we just return to normal because there will be no point in the annomalies anymore.

Bro I have no idea what you are saying

1 Like

Basically what for people at lower ranks is just a goofy event can be view as a meta changing force and deal as such at the top of the ranks.

I don’t think any amount of play would push me into the top 100 legend, let alone into the top 10, not unless i make extraordinary progress at the game.

Which ties to my point, the game is far more skill based than people realize. Of course their is a part of RNG, but the true skill of hearthstone is mathematics, and more precisely probability.

One needs to master the calculation of odds for every play, odds of your opponent having a particular set of cards, odds of a random event going into your favor. You don’t just yolo your way to rank 1 legend.

I just really wished they laid on the anomalies.

Where is the all minions are now 1/1s anomaly
Or spells all cost 10 mana

Really punish players for clicking that play button. The ones they put in are way too vanilla. If they wanted to make every game in every mode into a tavern brawl lite at least go all in with it.

1 Like

So you’re admitting that it’s not a skill based event then. Glad we’re on the same page.

2 Likes