Announcing Battlegrounds Season 2!

Why do you choose to ruin the only free game mode? I do the quests to get gold so that I can get 2000 gold every new BG season. Now I have to pay to get the same benefits that I got for free? You can look at my account and see I have purchased cosmetics, I have purchased battle passes and new expansions bundles so I can stay current in the meta to make my completing the quests easier all so I can pour it into the battlegrounds mode.

You need to take a good look at how you are killing your own company. You can’t keep gouging your players like this. If you separate the battlegrounds battlepass from the regular battlepass you should make it worth gold. Even if it is 3-4k gold I think people wouldn’t care. Adding this janky runestone currency system is a bad move. We have a currency system gold and cash. Why do you feel the need to add something like that unless it is to blatantly rip off your players and force them to spend money they don’t need to spend?

You make money off bundle purchases, you make money off of cosmetics, you make money off of battle pass you make money off of so many things from players. Why do you feel it necessary to hurt your player base like this? How bad are sales going for you? For real I have experience and knowledge in business management. If you guys need help that bad, hire me, I will help you be profitable without killing your player’s wallets where it doesn’t need to happen.

Seriously Blizzard, if this goes live, and nothing is fixed…You are gonna lose a massive chunk of your players and will lose money. Is the goal to bring yourselves into bankruptcy so you can claim it? Try to bail yourselves out that way? Or do you honestly, and I mean HONESTLY think this is the best way to go about it. If you do, I feel sorry for what is about to happen to this company.

52 Likes

the fact that a single game have multiple battle pass show you the greed! they think they can get away witth it cause of diablo immortal…

32 Likes

Enjoy the next 7 days all, then prepare to get shafted. I’m getting to the point I’m fed up with everything Blizzard.

28 Likes

So after this update I am leaving the Battlegrounds. The balance team has not balanced heroes as so it has stated in this post. This PAY TO WIN model is what it is. You have to PAY to get two extra hero choices. There will ALWAYS be heroes outperforming others. Period. This makes the game P2W. I used to be completely F2P with this game and used gold but i liked the cosmetics so i decided to buy some because I enjoyed the game. Now I am quitting because of this.

The game will be P2W, you call out in the FAQ’s specifically about how it isn’t but no one is buying it. Simple fix to ALL of this. Make hero selection 2 or 4 for everyone and a free option in the battle pass. Until that happens, I will be uninstalling the game and playing TFT.

You talk about more free content than others but you are pay-walling options that affect IN GAME play.

Hopefully you change this, otherwise I and many others will move on.

41 Likes

i am curious to see what else comes with the 24.2 patch besides battlegrounds. Maybe y’shaarj diamond requirements get fixed, cariel’s voicelines restored to challenges 2-8, fix all lagging animation, make immune buff spin again, remove my extra mankrik, fix imp warlock, among other stuff. maybe give details to Death Knight, its cards, permanizing reborn keyword, and insight to the mini set.

1 Like

Disgusting, Appalling, Money hungry corporation back at it again. Listen to your community that makes the game what it is. Also, wtf is all the stupid gold for then “oh, people have to much gold saved up from something we created for them, lets take away all there hard work and make them pay more money” Is exactly what this article reads. Your telling me for your BIG SEASON 2 BGS all you added was a new quest line, a game mechanic that already exists, a few new cards and 2 hero’s??? F off blizzard

42 Likes

also, inside scoop on DK, its HP, cards and skins, as well as the notion to the mini set and/or possible solo adventure.

If I get rich, that paid track for BG might look tempting. Right now, the presence of a second paid track in one game client offends me. Placing the right to choose from four heroes in the paid track also offends me.

These runestones seem kinda like a ripoff as well. I remember a time when you could fit runestones into weapons and armor. You could also form words with them for even more power. Where are my weapons and armor?!?

15 Likes

I don’t play BG any more, but if I were, I sure would be mad as hell that playing competitively F2P isn’t an option.

17 Likes

they said that the Perks from the original battlegrounds perks will automatically be made for ALL players once the patch goes live.

2 Likes

Perfect time to give TFT a try I guess

23 Likes

Hahahahahahahaha,

Pov: me staying up till 11:45 to complete my weekly challenges to get enough gold to buy the next perks.

What the heck is this blizz? This game mode is literally the only reason I play hearthstone, and now your making it p2w?

13 Likes

I’m pretty sure the upgrade from 2 heroes to choose from to 4 heroes is behind the paywall, at level 1 of the BG paid track.

EDIT: “Though the ability to choose from among four heroes at the beginning of a match is changing to a paid-only feature, all players can still play Battlegrounds for free.”
-direct quote from the Blizzard article

7 Likes

TFT? what does that mean

Even if the Heroes were all perfectly balanced overall, they’re still better or worse in individual games based on what minion types are in, so it’s still a matter of skill to pick the best hero for the lobby each time, meaning having four choices instead of two makes a huge difference. Framing it as like, “well they’re all equally good, so anyone who isn’t satisfied with just two choices is just being picky, so you can pay more to indulge that” is pretty disingenuous.
In reality, they’re just making you buy a cosmetics bundle in order to get the 2 extra hero slots you’re actually interested in.

23 Likes

no they said things like portraits.

But the greatest part about BG S2 is the Exciting Quests. they change the game completely!
They let the player take a quest, complete it, get the reward, and be able to control the game for yourself while still making it fair for all.

Well, that’s it. I’m out. I’m sick and tired of the Activision Blizzard greed. There’s no way you can’t fund battlegrounds with the fists full of money you bring in without resorting to pay to win and predatory mobile game currency tactics. There is literally ZERO justification for runestones in this game when you already had gold and real money as purchase options built in outside of the scummy opportunity to officiate the amount of real world money someone it wasting on your game or to simply force people to buy extra of a currency.

I guess thanks for helping break my habit of spending on HS to play with my friends, enjoy a LOT less money from myself and my wife if you go through with the runestone idea. I know the “we hear you” post is probably already written toning down some aspect of these changes to appease the backlash the PR team knew was coming, and I would bet the plan was to make the changes so outrageous that they could back off and still be greedy as all hell while getting a subset to talk about “look how they listened” but nope, not this time, you have found my breaking point. I wont be here spending money if runestones replace real money purchase options to prey on users.

19 Likes

the Runestones will not replace real money. it is just a new currency along with Gold and Real money

i don’t really care about the BG changes (although making it officially pay to win with forcing people to buy the season pass with real money to get perks is the wrong move)…

but wtf is wrong with you blizzard? i don’t want “runestones” in the game. this is a disgusting move. screw this. i hope more people stop playing hearthstone or at least stop wasting money on this bullshat.

12 Likes