Announcement Stream Twitch Drops

Hey all,

Thanks for joining us for today’s announcements! We hope you enjoyed the show and the first look at our next expansion, March of the Lich King!

As some of you know, there was an issue with the Twitch Drops that were planned for today’s stream. To make up for that, we’re implementing category-wide Twitch Drops from November 3 at 9am (PT) to November 4 at 6 pm (PT)! Watch for a total of 2 hours to get a free Murder at Castle Nathria Pack; watch for 2 more hours (4 hours total) and you’ll get a free March of the Lich King pack!*

Because these are category-wide Twitch Drops, they can be earned by watching any channel in the Hearthstone category. Just make sure you link your BattleNet and Twitch accounts so that you’re eligible to receive drops.

For those of you who missed the broadcast, you can watch the VoD here.

*March of the Lich King packs will be openable once the expansion launches in December.

2 Likes

“hey giuse, we know we scammed you once for a view bump (not for the first time)…but will you totally trust us again and give us more views?”

Do the right thing and just give everyone free packs because you guys screwed up.

Kudos for no lame “monsters are at fault” this time though.

13 Likes

This sucks it was supposed to be 15 minutes for a free card pack now you guys are changing it to TWO HOURS? Just give everyone a free pack… Almost makes the “teehee oops we forgot to enable card drops” feel like it was on purpose

17 Likes

This is completely unfair, people including myself put time aside to make sure I was at my pc to watch the stream and get the packs.
Now I have to set aside TWO HOURS PER PACK instead of just 15 minutes… (or should I say ON TOP of watching the announcement, which was just repeated over and over, for two hours, which I watched, because thought the drops would get enabled, with no communication during the broadcast that there was actually an issue…)

You could at least give more than two packs for this misinformation fest.

9 Likes

This is ridiculous and totally unacceptable. what are you talking about? you screwed us over and now, telling me to spend 2 more hours to get a pack rather than 15minutes you promised?! are you for real? OMG, i never thought Acitivision Blizzard would be such a greedy corporation. Microsoft is really squeezing you hard arent they? shame on you!

6 Likes

send the community’s regards to a person who came up with this idea

2 Likes

Can’t wait to watch 4 hours (16x the time) just to get 2x what I was supposed to already have!!!

4 Likes

Thanks for dropping an explanation in the OF. This is a pretty crazy reveal/patch, not surprised there are glitches.

Gnome <3

You make a mistake and wish FOUR more HOURS of watching after this? Not 30 minutes like you promised! What is wrong with your thinking?!!

5 Likes

That’s the problem, they don’t think.

3 Likes

I love your game, but your guys implementation is bungled on absolutely EVERYTHING.

There is never a single thing you do, release, or announce that isn’t bugged or messed up. And it’s not small stuff either. Playing Blizz games is exhausting…I simply cannot comprehend how you guys are so abysmal at QA/QC.

5 Likes

No sorry for wrongdoing just make you do more, good job.
Maybe you guys more suited for open a bank.

2 Likes

Does Microsoft know Blizzard is fraudulently pumping their engagement numbers?

1 Like

This is bull. Do the right thing blizzard. I almost paid on every expansionsyy. But this circumstance really disgust me. You are honest about your mistake but the action you decide doesn’t make it up in any way. Shame on you.

6 Likes

I am very disappointed in Blizzards solution to THEIR problem. I was on that channel for an hour & a half - I’d like my drop please - screw your additional time - you didn’t pay me for the previous time. I now have a better understanding of how their employees feel.

3 Likes

I agree with you all, 4 hours of what?

1 Like

You guys just don’t understand. Blizzard as an entire company will go bankrupt if they give everyone a free pack!

1 Like

Drops messed up for the tournament last week and now this, and messed up a few weeks ago too. Either you’re blatantly trying to inflate your engagement numbers or you cannot manage to enable drops correctly despite having done this for a long time, Either way it looks really bad to be forcing more engagement (4 hours versus 15 min) to fix the mistake you all made.

Could have easily sent everyone a pack. This was YOUR error (if it even was that) and this is a really bad fix, no matter how you look at it. You guy NEVER seem to get it right. No matter how many times you do stuff like this and promise to be better it’s just the same thing all over again.

4 Likes

That’s three packs you chumps scammed me out of this week.

2 Likes