[Android] Game crash / freezes since patch 15.4

Device: Huawei/P30 Lite
Android Version: 9.1.0.242 (C635E4R1P5)
Lately upon launching the app, it (seems to) run fine until I select any of the menu options whether it’s Play, Solo Adventure, Etc. It will initiate but freeze immediately upon doing so forcing a shut down.

Other times it will load and eventually make it to a match, but will crash back to “desktop” at random points during the game.

Never had this issue before the Doom in the Tomb update.

Samsung Galaxy A10
Android 9
Game randomly freezes within 5 minutes of game starting. (Or in start up screens/menus) Mostly while viewing My Collection or editing decks. The picture freezes but the music continues to play. When you go to the all apps screen or back to the home screen the Hearthstone music still plays, then when i reopen hearthstone its either at the same frozen screen or a black screen with music still playing the whole time.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Android 9

Game has frozen multiple times for me this week. Scrolling through collection, opening packs, rerolling quest, starting matches, midmatch, going into tavern brawl.

Samsung Galaxy J5 2017
Android 9
Random times during collection or games, always when selecting solo adventures.

Model: Samsung J5 Prime
Android OS: 8.0.0

Happened several time for no apparent reason, sometime playing a card freeze, sometime clicking end of turn, freeze, sometime opponent attacking me then freeze, last one finishing to choose my cards in brawl then start of the game and instant freeze

Model: OPPO f1s
Android: 5.1
Random freezing during animations, and most often between rounds in tomb of terror single play or tavern brawl.

Hey Bethesda! Oops, I mean Blizzard! Fix your s*&t man!

Device make/model: LG Fortune
Android OS version: idk…
What was happening on screen when the crash occurred: it freezes pretty much every other game or on aberage 10-15 minutes after loading. It can be in any kind of game or it can be viewing my collection. I have pissed away 100’s of $s on this game and the fact you havent fixed this issue yet is really alarming to me. It was the last update never had any problem since. Very frustrared over this and we deserve some extra arena tickets at least since Ive lost every other arena game ive tried to play since. Very upset that while other players are able to try out the new features I am unable to play so am falling behind in experience.

Is there an official bug report to track this issue and the current status? Happening for me too, Huawei Mate 10 Pro and Android 9.

I’ve put money on an app that I can’t use anymore.

Lenovo Yoga Book (YB1-X90F)
Android 7.1.1
Freezing on app start at saloon sign screen. Was previously crashing at doors screen, but restarting the device and reinstalling the app led to the current freezing status.

Same here, super frustrating can’t do ladder or the new arena because of that, and even playing brawl or dungeons is super boring to reconnect every 10 min because of this freeze. Also Android user

What? Phones?

1 Like

Yup. Same here. Since thursdwy it had been freezing me every other game which was bad enojgh. Now I cant even get into a.game. its infuriating considering how many hundreds of dollars I have pissed away into this game and that this problem is not only ongoing but getting worse. Tried all obvious fixes and contactimg “support” and nothing helps. Shame Blizzard shame.

1 Like

For real. i swear to god if i lose one more ducking game to this app freezing up then im ducking done.

1 Like

honor view 10 lite
android 9
xiaomi note 4 global
android 7

Whenn we get this patch for this dumb freezing stuff we should get a free arena ticket

1 Like

" Thank you for getting a hold of me with your question about the continuing issues you are seeing on Hearthstone on your Android device. We are looking into the issue with Android but it is something relating to the last android update and not the hearthstone update.

The current fix for this is to uninstall the app then check for and run any Android updates available for your device before reinstalling the app. Since your information is saved on your account and not on your device it means no progress will be lost on your account."

That’s the answer I got from support… Seriously? Just lost 2 ranked games because of this bug. Cant create decks. Cant look into my collection. I want my money back.

1 Like

I’m playing on a Moto g6 play. I already reset my device to factory settings and reinstalled Hearthstone and it didn’t fix it.

This is not an issue with the last Android Update. It started crashing right after the Halloween patch was released

2 Likes

Honor Viuw 10Lite
Android 9 (emui 9.1.0)

Since the new update the game is all time CRASHING istantly!! We can’t play!!! Please patch it! It’s shameful this issue… You must resolve earlier we can’t play since 8 oct -.-""

1 Like