[Android] Game crash / freezes since patch 15.4

Appears to be fixed for me, my app downloaded content today and hasn’t crashed at all since.

The game still crashes on me. No specific trend of timing or reason (that I’ve been able to see). Every time i get a “Download in progress” message for the game which yields a “100% - download completed/successful” message shortly after I exit the game. I usually am able to relaunch HS without problems (though todfay it cost me a turn and almost the match! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:). I really wish this got fixed soon.

The other day I tried deleting and reinstalling the app (from the Amazon appstore). This failed to improve the situation.

Device make/model: Sony Xperia XZ1 G8341
Android OS version: Android 9 OS (build 47.2.A.11.228)
What was happening on screen when the crash occurred: Random crashes with slight screen tearing/glitch artifacts showing a split second befor getting kicked to the “You were disconnected from the servers, tap the screen to reconnect”.

Tapping the screen only leads to a further error message after some time informing that reconnecting failed and to relaunch the app. At this point I just close and relaunch the app directly when this happens, but it pretty much happens every other game session.

Update: Happened again this morning. Same behaviour. No improvements recently.

EDIT: Twice.

Lost a match because of this today. Thanks for that.

Update: crashes returns

Huawei P9 plus.
Android 8.0.0
Crash while opening the application without any warnings or error messages. Crash could occurred several times in a row. Animations work very slowly in battlegrounds.

Another crash, another loss. Same situation. Many thanks.

It is utterly broken on Android.

Throws me out every 20 seconds or so, often while downloading and installing “updates”, same behavior as Morthasa describes.

Tablet Lenovo YT3-X90L, Android 6.0.1, after the last update the app doesn’t even start.
Last time I was not able to play for a month, more or less. Is it happening again? This is unbearable!

Exactly same issue for my devices! My laptop my husbands computer and my cell. All day long ive had freezes and crashes in battlefields .

It’s constantly crashing for me on Bluestacks 4.1402 after this update. Worked fine before, i’ve tried fresh installing twice now, can’t get it to login, my user information is correct.

seems related to https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/17624342554

Its also the same issue for me on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Android phone. It’s constantly crashing in the menu, collection and loading screen. The game is literally unplayable for me atm. I dont have a computer right so I can only play on my phone. The game is incredibly slow and freezes every time I play it. Animations are extremely slow and the loading times are out of this world.

1 Like

After the latest patch the game now always crashes after “Hearthstone” logo, didn’t behave like that before. Seems to load slower as well.

Tried reinstall, didn’t help.

Interestingly, a fresh install was able to get to “newcomer / existing account” prompt, i.e. it was able to get the “wooden box” set in place, whereas logged-in game crashes while the box still rotates.

Galaxy S6, Android 5.1.

Good day. After the update of December 5, I can’t enter the game - an error is issued. At the same time, the departure takes place at the last stage - I already see the number of friends on the network, as one of them went to the arena, then an error is issued, and only then the welcome message of the tavern owner sounds - but you can’t enter the game anymore.

I play with android (Asus ZE551ML; android 6.0), technically the device is more than suitable.

I tried: data cleaning, a complete reinstallation of the game, changing the password on the account, launching in other regions. At the beginning of training, everything begins, that is, the game can load in this way. Please help solve the problem.

I can play on a PC, but I don’t have a personal PC right now.

p.s. Log file:
https://pastebin.com/j9sty9cm

I’m having the same problem… i wonder why it takes them so much to fix this… it’s ridiculous…

Hearthstone is freezing for me a lot recently. I’m using a Galaxy Tab A (2017), with 2 GB of RAM and plenty of hard drive space available. It’s all up to date on updates and such.

It happens occasionally in other modes, but is very consistently repeatable in battlegrounds runs, right after the final battle of the run, when it shows you your whole board, and after it tells you your placement in the run, it freezes the interface. The music still plays, but I can’t interact with the game at all and it never proceeds off of that screen. I’ve left it up for 20+ minutes before, and nothing. The only recourse at that point it to forcibly close the game.
I’ve uninstalled it now, and am waiting for it to re-download (slowly).
Edit: Still happening after reinstall :frowning:

Eagerly awaiting an update on the issue… Hopefully it won’t be that we just need to get more powerful (or with more RAM) tablets :sweat_smile:

Device: Sony EXPERIA XA2 Ultra
Android 9
Ingame crash returns me to main menu and suggests to reopen app

When will they finally fix mobile Hearthstone? Battlegrounds still unplayable on phones/tablets. Even on my new Mi 9T Pro, with the fastest Snapdragon 855 its not playable.

Is blizzard ignoring the problem ?

2 Likes

I Heard some news about an incoming patch for iOS…what about Android? My Tablet Lenovo YT3-X90L, Android 6.0.1 can’t be used ti play Hearthstone from treasures from the tomb (almost 4 months)!