[Android] Game crash / freezes since patch 15.4

I have the problem as well and it started with the Doom In The Tomb update.
Phone: Honor Play
Android version: 9 (September 2019 security patch)
When the problem occurs: The game just kicks me back to the phone’s home screen at random intervals. It has happened while playing, while browsing the collection and a few times while waiting for an opponent, but it’s more common right after choosing a mode and especially solo adventure or tavern brawl. Some times it also freezes but the audio keeps playing until I close the tab.

Samsung s9 plus
Android 9
Anytime during using app. Game freeze. No animations. Cannot tap on anything. Happening frequently.

Moto g5 plus
Android 8.1.0
Freezes can happen doing anything everything. In game, waiting for game, during reconnects after a restart because of a freeze, Als when loading main menu

I’m having multiple crashes on a samsung smA505FN android 9. I go back to phone home screen and if i try to relaunch hearthstone it is just a black screen. I have to kill the app and relaunch which takes 30+ secs. This happens mainly during gameplay but has also happened in start up screen. It’s costing me games and is highly annoying

Stlyo 4
Android 8

As others keep saying. Frequent freezes and crashes during all aspects of the game. Happens 3-10 minutes after launching HS app. Keep losing games because of it too.

When will it patch?

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Thank you very much for all of the examples provided so far. Our Hearthstone team has discovered the root cause for this Android freeze/crash and it should be resolved in an upcoming patch.

We definitely appreciate everyone’s patience while this is worked on, and for all of the info from the community about this issue.

6 Likes

Still freezing issue on my Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017). Last night I had several games no issue.

This afternoon freezes two times in one game lol…thats GG, well 1 time is already GG. :frowning:

Good to know they are looking into it, could never play a ranked game on my smarthpone with such big issues re-occuring all the time.

honor 10, android 9, the game quits to main menu of os. it happens already 2 week how long can this go on?

1 Like

I have two devices:
tablet Lenovo YT3-X90L, Android 6.0.1, processor 4 core 2.4 GHz , RAM 4,00 GB, memory 64 GB. I have a lot of graphic problems, glitch, buttons don’t trigger, the screen proportions are “wrong” (if I manage to start a game the proportions become “normal again”), a lot of crashes.
Second device: Mobile phone Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Android 8.0.0, Cpu Octa Core Max 2.45 GHz, RAM 6,00 GB, memory 32 GB; this works a little Better, hower It crashes too.
I’m sorry for my English but I’m Italian! A lot of Italians have similar problems! Can’t play well from the last update! Please fix It! :pray:

1 Like

Same issue for me samsung s7

Cant even play hearthstone anymore, it crashes when i load the game, when i play tavern, when i play ladder, when i play campaign :frowning:

A poster in another thread posted that he solved the problem by enabling the app’s access to the phone’s memory. Look up Hearthstone in your phone or tablet’s settings menu, click on it and look for licences. Both Location and Storage should be unchecked, so make sure that you re-enable them. I tried this and haven’t experienced any crashes since, although I didn’ play that many games to be honest. If anything, it seems to make the problem less frustrating. As for the fix that the Blizzard guy mentioned a few posts ago, I’m pretty sure they are just going to roll the app back to the previous version once the Doom in the Tomb event will be over, since it seems that this latest patch is the culprit. Regardless of that though, mobile users deserve some compensation because those last couple of weeks the game was pretty much unplayable. I only played single player content in order to not mess up my rank and ladder climb…

Have the same problems after last update.
Honor 9. Android 9.1.0.215.
Crashes during a game or adventure, in a collection, at any time, black screen, freezing board, freezing cards, etc.

When will be the solution of this, what will be the compesantion for this, two weeks of unplayable game. TWO F WEEKS! I want to play this in my mobile. The team really messed up a lot lately, in various things.

6 Likes

Honor 9lite crash in game… Please solve the problem

1 Like

I lost lot of ranked and arena matches because of crashes, and I’m not the only one, there are lot of people with the same issue, I hope a little compensation for all of us who have that issue

5 Likes

Same issue in samsung j8 :sweat:

Same here on LG Premiere Pro

I restarted my phone default settings, donwloaded hearthstone, and try to play… 4 crashes in 2 matches this is a joke, my phone requeriments are good, i dont understand what you did with the last patch, but congrats blizzard, this is the first time that i dont want to play your game

2 Likes

Model: HUAWEI P smart 2019
Android: 9

It crash back to desktop, and after this i need load game again.

There is another issue. At the beginning loading is lagging and take some time to start the game.

1 Like

Device: Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F
Android OS version: Android 8.0.0 (Security Patch Level 9/11 2019)
What was happening on the screen: Different scenarios:

• Before mulligan (after wait screen)
  • Right after click on end of turn button
  • After card play (do not know which)