Amazing how rigged this game is

Unreal how they make it so that as soon as you lose to a certain type of hero, all you get after that are the same heroes. They’ll let you win a few times, then here comes the Demon Hunter, with its BS over-powered cards. Then you’ll lose. Then all you go up against for the next few games are… wait for it… Demon Hunters.

I know they rig this. They’ve said as much. If you win a certain amount then they put you against a stronger opponent. If you lose a certain amount, then they put you against a weaker opponent. How about you guys stop the crap and just let the RNG give us who it’s going to give us. Getting sick of the bulls…

15 Likes

Who do you want to play against then ???

2 Likes

Random Players at my level.

Why am I going up against gold players? Clearly they’ve done nothing but play this game all day and night to get to 500 wins. Why would I go up against them at this stage?

As far as I’m concerned, Demon Hunter has ruined this game. It amazes me how developers can get so much right overall and then ruin it with seriously bad judgement. I’m sure my post will be nixed. They don’t seem to like people expressing their opinions.

And for them to stop rigging the game. See original gripe.

4 Likes

DH is a Tier 2 deck … don’t know what you are talking about.

1 Like

Sure buddy. Whatever you say.

1 Like

Because that’s how any serious matchmaking system works. That’s not “rigging.” If you win a lot, it means your current opponents are less skilled than you, and so you get matched with better opponents. And if you start losing a lot, it means the current opponents are much better than you, and the game starts pairing you with people closer to your skill level. And if you are playing against people who are as good as you, guess what? You’ll win about half the time, because that’s what happens when two opponents are equally matched: the odds of any one winning are 50/50.

10 Likes

Yeah, this just seems like common sense. If you win more, you’re going to get put against better players. Anyway, the class stuff is random pretty much. I can get put against three mages in a row, only to then not see any mages for twenty or so games.

2 Likes

Why is it after a win streak, I lose and then they throw the same hero type at me game after game afterwards that I lost to?

1 Like

You make it sound as if the matchmaker takes into account each player’s hero. Which as far as we know is not the case. What is most likely happening is that you’re losing to a popular hero in your bracket, so naturally you’ll see a lot of them.

Last loss streak I had I kept running into rogues. The current loss streak I have it’s all been different classes. It happens.

3 Likes

If the upper levels of your bracket consist mostly of a certain class, then it is likely you will see them more often as you win. I found the closer I got to the next rank plateau I would see more of the same decks.

You will also find people, that aren’t climbing at the lower levels of their tier, will play their experimental decks etc… while reaching the higher win rates will match you up with others that are trying to climb with a stronger deck. It sounds like this might be more the case than anything. Especially now that rank is locked in more levels.

1 Like

It isn’t random enough. Every time you choose a deck for your next game you are falling to psychology trap. You feel like to choose a deck that counter one you’ve just lost to. But everyone does that so it end up in rock-scissor-paper which is not that random.

The only way to avoid this is to use RNG for deck choice. I’ve been doing that for a week, it is fun.

Yeah I just played vs a Rogue, pretty sure his whole gimmick was Van Cleef +Secrets.

The Rogue drops a secret on 2, what could it be? Ambush?

Oh, the Rogue goes second. The Rogue has coin, Preparation, and Van Cleef to drop him on 3 of a 6/6.

Well I can play my poisonous Primal Explorer on 4 and use Stormhammer to take out the Ambusher. As shock and dismay it was. Rogue has 2 cards in his hand and one to draw let me guess.

Oh, shocker, the rogue has backstab to pave the way and keep my board clear.

And then the Rogue has back to back blackjack stunners. My only chance is to keep the board clear besides Van Cleef so I can have a 50/50 chance Van will get hit for 5 by Dragonbane on 6.

Second secret. Let me guess. Bamboozle? Either way I am dead so I have to attack that creature. Yep, Bamboozle for a 4/4 and Van Cleef glides in unblocked for 4 rounds thanks to the 1 2 3 Reliable number generator lining the cards up for a flop em and drop em win.

Now send that friend request to brag how good of a player you were to use no skill all AI spoon-fed strategy to win the game.

8 Likes

Next up for the daily

A Mage

RAID THE SKY TEMPLE! Yep its their only deck.

Cast get a secret it costs zero. Use Flame Ward early and Nether sphere after that

Cast Magic Trick, and 12 other spells by turn 6 to get a 6/6 dragon, complete the quest to get spells cost 2 less. Cast get 3 minions of no minions in your deck along the way.

Cast Freezes in the midgame start using direct damage. Use Power of Creation towards the end.

Same old same old.

1 Like

I tend to play daily quests in Tavern Brawl. This week is a fun one if you like seeing how broken things can get. Seeing seven Barista Lynchens in one turn was not fun, but that only happened once so far.

3rd match of the day for the daily vs Priest.

2 Power Kill attack 3 or less
3 Breath of infinite Kill all minions 2 health or less
4 Penance + Penance

Everything I play gets wiped nicely turn for turn.

Turn 5 yep, Convincing Infiltrator. Have to sacrifice everything to remove it
Turn 6, yep Khartut.
Turn 7 another Convincing Infiltrator and Power Kill 5 or more

Turn 8 Skeletal Dragon
Turn 9 Holy Nova and Renew - my board kept clear for 9 turns.

13 card Deep into the deck. Look how they all line up nicely to be prefect removals for anything the other side does. Now the other side is out of resources, time to put value them in dropping.

Time for Mass Ressurection. 2 Khartuts and a Convincing Infiltrator. No longer need to use any card, just use hero power to heal myself. The game is won. How boring.

See all the skill being used here? Just dropping the cards as they come. 3 to 4 cards in Priest hand at a time. But, don’t they will all be there. The same cards every game in sequence. Did you have the counter pattern to beat this sequence? No? You lose - I win.

5 Likes

Lol at people like madvec: they whine about a class, but other people’s rants against other classes, they are a no no. A cartoon.

Priest is amazing, best class they ever made.
Can’t wait till August when the next EXP drops and making people cry harder.
Priest <3

1 Like

Not that I don’t believe there’s more than MMR to how they do matchmaking but what you described exactly how MMR works.

1 Like

that happen to me as well … if i use mage and she done really well on winning and then boom i get a HIGHER player that kicks the s out of her and the player is using Mage as well but the player throws waaaaay too much spells … even the counter spell has got to go … BIG TIME…

Demon Hunter is mediocre right now after babies cry and cry for nerfs, i just played 6 games with dh for daily q and won 0, everybody just poops on it.