Am I wrong that paying for a Tavern Brawl is Horrible?

I cannot begin to explain my complete dissatisfaction with paying for a tavern brawl in Hearthstone. It’s about expectations. I know I expect to pay for certain things from Blizzard, and I do pay for them when I want them. However, I don’t expect to pay for a weekly brawl. That’s just wrong. Blizzard, you’ve made an error on this decision.

1 Like

Why, did you pay and you changed your mind? I solved that problem to some extend by not paying for it.

1 Like

Oh, I held my ground by not paying for it which I assume many do. The other problem for Blizz is that it’s another nail in the coffin for current players turned off by the shenanigans and ultimately enforcing paywall fatigue of the game in general, thus losing overall playership in the long run. It’s just a bad play.

That’s a subjective notion, because they could even ban all entry to the game without a monthly fee and they don’t.

Then again I’m not sure monthly fees are worth it to gamers after a point.

It happens three times a year, and they give us a free pack for just playing a game instead. No one should pay for the tavern brawl, but it doesn’t seem worth it to be upset about its existence.

1 Like

If this was a subscription based game I’d understand… However the expectation Blizz created with an FTP game that has had a traditional FTP game element, then works against that expectation for the sole purpose to continue to “increase overall revenue” is aggravating. It works against them in the long run. It’s a short term game and long term loss.

It happens just before every mini-set reveal. It’s purely a bid to make people dump their gold, to make them pay with real money for the mini-set.

2 Likes

Just another drop in the bucket of dissatisfaction. On it’s own, minor… the combined effect of the minor PTP tweaks will matter, to me at least. I’ll end up dropping the game for another two years and they miss on my bundle/pack revenue in that timeframe. I’m just one person with little influence, but I can’t be the only one who is effected consciously or subconsciously.

the game losing all players because of a tavern brawl every 4 months ?

you make zero sense

1 Like

Yesterday I opened the game to see what kind of brawl is going and I was automatically charged 1000 gold for the ticket. Tnx Blizzards

1 Like

You butter fingered and you know it.

1 Like

Nah. A notification about the rules arrived, I clicked OK and the game spent 1000 gold. Since the start of this season I’ve only been playing arena, I don’t know anything about the current otk meta, so it’s just money down the drain

No it requires you to say ok to the “Are you sure?” popup. you just didnt read what you clicked yes to. you read what you assumed it said.

1 Like

If it was there, then it was as if I had pressed two buttons right through. One click was enough to do everything at once

This was an issue during the last Heroic Tavern Brawl as well. Clicking the words “I understand!” will apparently spend the 1000 gold even though that is not clear at all from the words on the screen. It’s obviously meant to trick people into spending gold

1 Like

Yes, the I Understand is an acceptance of the spending of 1k gold. That is the “Are you Sure?” I was talking about. If you dont want to spend the gold dont click I Understand when in fact you dont understand what clicking that button does. Since this type of Brawl is offered like 3 or 4 times a year it is fairly common knowledge that this type of brawl costs 1k gold to take part in. There are restaurants that dont put prices on their menus but engaging in the ordering of the food off that menu doesnt mean you are not supposed to pay the bill. You are under the assumption of a common knowledge fact of life that things cost money unless otherwise stated they are free.

Sucks if you didnt understand what clicking “I understand” meant.

ummm no it isn’t. what are you talking about lol the i understand pops up the second you click on the brawl button to see what’s up. if they charged you gold without saying they were going to charge you gold that’s theft. but i doubt that happened so i dunno.

2 Likes

If you’ve never encountered this type of brawl and clicked I understand without knowing you are about to spend 1k gold, that is a you issue. You failed to actually understand before clicking i understand. Im not seeing where the issue here is. There isnt any theft. Just incompetence at most.

It turns out this is just a scam from the blizzards. And I, playing from beta, fell for it. Well, I’ll spend the remaining gold on the arena and just delete this game

There is literally not a single word in this screenshot that you will spend 1000g. And now you want to say that I’m a fool for not understanding that my money will be spent?