After 10 Years This Game Ends For Me, Shaman OTK Turn 5

Platying against shaman with 30 health and a mid board in turn 5, he kill me from hand with 31 damage from spells only.

I play cards from turn 1 to 5 and recover 4 damage he give me in the early 2 turns but have nothing I could did after all.

OTK decks outrunning aggro is the last nail in the coffin for me in the less and less fun game over the yeears.

They killed HS and turned my beloved game in a souless Solitaire.

Goodbye HS, I will miss you,

EDIT: I have nothing against OTK decks as long they pull of after preparations and draws like old Malygos druid or Exodia mage, but turn 5 without any requirement is beyond reasonable.

20 Likes

Yes this has got to be one of the most STUPID OP xpacs they have ever done before.

Pali and Hunter have 80%+ win decks, Shama OTK decks, Warlock otk deck stupid

6 Likes

That deck is simply dumb, agreed. It OTKs on turn 6 consistently with no interaction with the opponent. I don’t even know what you’re supposed to do against it other than be a warrior and have armor for days. It has to go. And i mean go, not nerfed, it simply needs to be deleted. I don’t even know how they’d nerf it. Bring lightning to 2 mana? That sounds absurd.

I guess a rework to Flash of Lightning would do. Draw a nature spell, it costs (1) less or smth like that. Problem solved.

4 Likes

Yup, and i believe they had this combo pre expansion, but the nature spell discovery pool was bigger. Am i correct?

Anyway i understand hilander.

Usually when i have free time i will open the game and play a few, but i find myself opening the game and then thinking there isnt really anything i wanna play or try out and end up closing the game

2 Likes

Not much to say. OP summarises all. Disgusting deck.

6 Likes

I mean, it can’t possibly be consistent. We’re just unlucky and feel powerless against it.

I’m gonna have to try it xD

Why not? 30 card deck, 15 cards x2, start with 4-5 cards, draw 4-5 more via turns, maybe a couple more via card draw…in theory it should be very consistent

1 Like

The deck is literally unplayable.

Give it a try xD

I’ve seen this deck pop off and i have seen it utterly flounder. It’s a real mixed deck and not really something i think worth concerning ourselves about.

1 Like

I dunno if unplayable is the word, since it has up to 60% WR in legend according to hsreplay. I have faced it around 5-6 times by now. Only once I have seen it flop and it was just because my opponent didn’t play it correctly. Everytime comes turn 6 and I am dead from 30 HP, just like that. Consistently.

1 Like

Speaker stomper, that 3/2 that makes spells cost 1 more… Getting above 35 hps. There needs to be something that keeps paladin in line.

I got 1/5 on the deck without a single warrior

I might have misplayed 1-2, but the rest is just … the deck’s literally unplayable.

And we’ve talked about how credible HS replay stats are.

Still not giving up but it’s not looking good xD

Flash of Lightning nerf incoming?

Nevermind xD

This has to go xD

5 wins in a row and I don’t see how i’m supposed to lose now that I got the hang of it

4 Likes

Okay so i grabbed the version Photon is playing and uhm…Nevermind this deck is just absurd. He’s wrecking top 20 with it currently and i can see why.

2 Likes

Yeah, 6 in a row here and still counting xD

No warriors, no problems

We’ll see what happens once I stop getting Needlerock totems in mulligan. I might have been extremely lucky

Does that version run Melomania or?

No the version i have from someone else has Overdraft for the big finish turn. I think this deck might be evolving by the hour. The version i started with was yesterdays and the new vs i got has 5 different cards in it.

I’m running Pocket Train/tic-tac’s version and with 7 win streak, I don’t think a better version can possibly exist xD

Super consistent. Karma is going to punish us for this, lol

EDIT: It’s starting xD 1st Warrior to break the streak. Auto-concede or try?

EDIT 2: Yeah, it should just be insta-concede and go next to save time. He had 53 hp, I had a perfect hand and double flash active, emptied it completely, and did only 38

But it’s defo not looking good for any other class xD

I beat a warrior earlier just discovering Die Insect. Extra 8 and he hand no clear in had so it hit him twice before he then cleared it. Too late at that point. Haven’t seen another one yet. I feel like you need to discover some extra reach against them. My two losses are from mirror match. Go figure. It’s just a mulligan win at that point. Who gets the card draw.