Additional Details on Signature Cards

Can these be disenchanted? Do they count towards the pity timer?

Signature cards can’t be crafted or disenchanted.

1 Like

Do you know if they count toward the pity timer?

1 Like

You can’t get the rewards track signatures from packs. Per the initial announcement and the above post, only the other thirteen signatures can be opened from packs.

Lor’themar and grand magister Rommath have a signature version normally earnable (from packs and pre-order) while also having other versions on the rewards track. It will suck to get Lor’themar from a pack/the pre-order bundle and not getting to reroll the normal version because it’s not disenchantable. Rommath is slightly different but it makes the tavern pass extra unattractive.

And apparently signature cards purposefully don’t have duplicate protection so this will happen to like 15% of people buying the 80$ pre-order bundle getting a lor’themar twice.

Edit: Lor’themar is excluded from the 2 pre-purchase signatures, hooray! Still will be disappointing to see him in a pack, though.

2 Likes

they said it takes the slot of a common card so i guess it means it doesnt

1 Like

That would suck. The reward track details are out now. Its only the paid reward track that includes signature cards, but it has signature copies of Lady Deathwhisper and Lord Marrowgar at level 80 and 95. If you already pulled one before then, do you get a re-roll of the signature card you already have?

1 Like

If signature cards have a pity counter, I would imagine it to be independent of the normal and golden pity timers. AFAIK, all pity counters are independent.

2 Likes

Looks like we should be OK. This is how duplicate protection will work in future.

New Feature: Improved Duplicate Card Handling

We often include specific non-disenchantable cards as part of Reward Tracks, Events, Achievements, and Shop purchases. Starting with 25.0, if you claim one of these, but already own a lower quality copy that’s disenchantable, you’ll get a popup that offers to re-roll the lower quality copy to a different card of the same rarity from that card set.

For example, Diamond Grand Magister Rommath is on the March of the Lich King Tavern Pass. If you already own a Golden Rommath when you claim the Diamond, you’ll immediately get a popup offering to reroll Golden Rommath into a different March of the Lich King Golden Legendary (which, of course, respects duplicate protection). This feature also applies when you find a Signature card in a pack!

However: So far, there has been a full dust refund if you pull a legendary that is at the start of either reward track. Its possible that this is no longer the case, if we get a re-roll instead. Obviously, given the choice, I’d rather have 1600/3200 dust than a random re-roll. Who wouldn’t?

2 Likes

would be nice if we get the re roll too after all its time limit always been short

and with this change itll help those players who dont start playing a new expansion on day 1

1 Like

I was just opening packs from the fireside gathering and got a normal invincible and then a signature invincible, but was not able to reroll the normal one I got first. Is this a bug or will this feature be coming later?

4 Likes

So am I to understand that if we open the signature card first we have no duplicate protection against getting the normal version?

Ahem… Isn’t a card, signature or not, that you open from a pack considered owned and thus duplicate-protected?

I opened a ticket and was told there was duplicate protection and you could reroll if you opened the normal version first. But they were clear on what was supposed to happen if you open the signature first. I opened a signature legendary first and the opened the normal version and wasnt given the option to re roll. So I’m not sure if this is a bug or by design. I was told to post to the bug forum if I had any more questions.

1 Like

In other words: they told you to go away, and no one would be answering your question.

Naturally, if you asked them for answers, they would threaten you as good corporate goon would.

Hmm, again on this matter: maybe you’ve already opened all legendaries and thus got a duplicate? I’m not sure how it should be technically possible otherwise, since, according to the support article:

You will not receive more than one copy of a Legendary card, until you have owned all the Legendary cards in that card expansion.

There’s also been another issue: Unable to reroll? - #3 by SparkyElf-2852 — however, I’m not sure if that applies in your case.

PS

(Updated and edited)

1 Like

I just opened Lor’themar signature in a pack after already claiming the card on the tavern pass track. I do not have all legendaries in the release yet. I cannot disenchant it, and according to this post, this took the place of a golden legendary. No option to “reroll” either.

For something that’s supposed to be “super rare”, it certainly doesn’t feel that way. It’s worthless to me as I can’t dust it. It feels like I missed out on filling my collection for some magic beans.

it takes the place of a common not a golden legendary(is impossible to get 1 signature and 4 commons in a pack)

It is the same rarity as a golden legendary but takes the place of a common if you pull it. Also doesn’t ruin pity timer. Guess they thought people would be angry if they got something they couldn’t dust instead of a legendary. And they guessed right. Problem is they have been horrible about announcing how the signature cards work.

So don’t feel bad. You could be me. Hands too quick for the brain. Bought the mega bundle so I got 2 signatures. Got Rommath. then bought the tavern pass and only then saw the diamond was also Rommath. So I got 2 non-dustable, non-rerollable versions of him.

But hey, I can switch it up so it fits whether I’m feeling gray or blue. Which is most of the time I’m playing hs.

(post deleted by author)