Add Auto-Squelch or Remove the "Thank You" Emote

I’ll put it simply…and nobody has answered this question: why not have autosquelch?

I’m waiting.

5 Likes

“Because ehm… uhm… Stop being such a little entitled thin skinned snowflake offended by cartoonish bubbles in a children’s game!!!”

2 Likes

Add Auto Squelch as an OPTION please. It will have zero affect to those who don’t to use it.

6 Likes

This isn’t true. It does have an effect on others who don’t use it.

Good Job Blizzard, these are people you want to keep around.

3 Likes

Zero affect, what don’t you understand?

3 Likes

AS proponents say that the only people who would use it are those who manually squelch anyway, and that just isn’t true.

In addition to them, you have people who will turn it on for a session and forget to turn it off, people who turn it on because they think that’s how you squelch an opponent, people who accidentally turn it on because they don’t understand what it means, etc.

It’s not just about you, and what you want. Sometimes, what you want makes things worse for other people, and a designer has to balance all of those interests. That balancing result is a no, they’re not going to add it.

1 Like

Mtg:Arena has an auto-squelch and not once have I ever seen anyone complaining about it. So there’s actual proof it works in game and no one cares. In fact the one thread that pops up rarely about emotes usually ends right away with “just turn on autosquelch”

8 Likes

While I agree that potentially more people would turn on autosquelch for the reasons you mentioned, I don’t quite see any harm in it. Those who will want to use this feature for whatever reason will be able to while those who enjoy emotes will be able to emote to their heart’s content.

You could also apply this logic to literally any game that allows to turn communications off, but somehow it works just fine in every other game, but for some reason AS oponents think that in Hearthstone it will suddenly be a problem when it’s not a problem anywhere else.

3 Likes

Specifically, how? Aside from the fact their message isn’t received by someone who is unlikely to respond anyway.

2 Likes

Sad that someone turned on this person’s computer for them.

Mand is here 24/7 to serve you trolling and to be a sparring partner. The prime internet troll who disagrees with everything you say for a premium price of 0 Dollars an hour!

Seriously, this guy would be disagreeing that the sun comes up every day in central europe for crying out loud.

9 Likes

Do you have to go into the settings to press squelch?

Get back to me when you find the answer.

insert obi-wan “that’s why I’m here”

There have been dozens and dozens and dozens of answers to that question.

The fact that you accept none of them as part of your belief and understanding is not my problem and is your right.

Just stop lying about it.

I hate rap. BUT, I can not say there has never been a good rap song, I can name a few really really good songs.

But I wont come here and LIE to push my agenda against rap music and say there isnt ANY good songs.

So keep lying to push your agenda.

Nobody has made any points on this thread that hasn’t been said 100 times before, so would you all calm down over a trivial feature?

1 Like

Imagine being offended when you say hello to someone and they turn their back on you because they think they are better than you and have no time for chit chat. Rude is rude.

You’re a trivial feature!!!

You feature trivia!..

You’re part of the problem! Burn the witch!

1 Like