Add Auto-Squelch or Remove the "Thank You" Emote

So you don’t get it, why not let other people who feel differently be accommodated. If someone wanted to wear noise canceling headphones on a plane to improve their experience and calm, would you have a bunch of people coming in and saying NO I CAN’t UNDERSTAND THAT, it would be BAD for this airline company!? It’s just silly.

Good grief. Really?

5 Likes

Phew, i thought i was going insane trying to defend myself against three people who were deadset on their own opinion being the only valid one. Hey guys, welcome to the club! :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

All developers have a design philosophy for their games. That’s why games have 3rd party apps. I would like it if the game had a deck/stat tracker built into it but it doesn’t. Luckily there is an auto-squelch plugin for computers. Buy a computer and install the plugin. It’s been five years, they’re not going to add it…

What i found funny about this topic in particular is that they always have the same thing against it

“You need to deal with it, stop asking for it, shut up and be more mature about cartoon bubbles” Said someone that doesn’t have to program the feature, its not forced to read the topic, and will not be affected because it can be already squelched

“lol you are too paranoic if you believe people are attacking/mocking at you with some hello hello, thanks, people always say it in the best way, you are paranoic, you need help :/” and then they tell you hello to taunt you when the match is finishing and they have lethal, you even have streamers video all over youtube where you can see more than once that some of them use it for taunting, not for “hi, lets make a decent conversation buddy :)”. Dont get me wrong, i don’t care about it but what kind of ignorant people says that there is not such thing as BM emotes here? like someone said before, blinds as bats if you truly believe that, there are proofs all over youtube so, you can’t cover the sun with a needle

“i passed throught a lot of bad things so because i lost my car you can’t have a car either” you passed throught illness and problems? thats not good of course, for anyone, but either it is to come here and basically tell someone to suck it up when it doesn’t really concern you unless you program the game. Let it be, don’t be intolerant, if OP wants to ask something to blizzard, let blizzard answer, he is not asking to change the game format, just to make something that he can already do automatic

5 Likes

Really though, how frequently will the “Thank You” emote actually be used in a positive way?

I mostly use it positively. Either as a response to “Well Played”/“Wow”, or as a greeting when that’s appropriate (e.g. if someone challenges me for a “Play a Friend!” quest).

I’ll also use it in a gloating way but only mildly. e.g. If the opponent injures my Acolyte of Pain and I get a great card draw, I might thank the opponent–I feel like that’s okay because I’m not saying “you did something dumb”, I’m saying “you took a risk and I think it went badly for you”.

If my opponent thanks me gratuitously too often, I’ll squelch them–but IMO it’s no worse a problem than people who spam “Greetings!” And it takes me fewer clicks to squelch them than it took them to spam me, so I can live with it.

Also remove well played.

A game is never well played. Every game is either random luck or autopilot win/loss.

These horrible jokes are really Dividing this community.

It’s called “Quality of Life.”

Look into it sometime.

6 Likes

I frequently emote and try to be polite as possible during a match; some people emote with the intention of being friendly and having a good time.

I feel that the “Thank You” emote is especially used to show positivity, and thanks.

This has nothing to do with why the sorry emote was removed, but I brought it up as a distraction.

Really though, how frequently will the “Thank You” emote actually be used in a negative way?

On an unrelated note. Auto Squelch is an option that is frequently asked for.

2 Likes

Then press squelch.

I don’t care one way or another if they make it automatic or keep it manual.

But, you will never convince me that pressing squelch is difficult.

You must click the screeen 50x a match to do “whatever”, and you are upset by clicking 51 times?

the answer is simple, go read any loot box patents or descriptions. angry gamers spend money. so they purposely make the game as frustrating and skilless as possible.
you wont get an auto squelch. or balance. or even truth from blizzard but they will happily take your money for a $hit product.

1 Like

I wonder how many people begging for autosquelch also rope their opponent.

I like emote banter, im just explaining to the other guy why i think a lot of player want this auto squelch thing

Surely you have played a game before where you have to go into the settings every time you start the game, and fix something?

That’s annoying. Well, how about having to open the menu and fix the setting every single time you fight a mob? That’s just ridiculous. It’s no wonder people have been complaining since beta.

And sure, intentional annoyance for purpose of profit is an argument, but Asmodai, Hafu, and everyone who doesn’t like emotes are squelching anyway. So it’s hard to say that’s a real argument.

2 Likes

Guys, they locked the last auto-squelch thread because Team 5 has already answered the question. They’re not going to add it anytime soon, and if this thread ends up becoming a giant argument, they’ll lock this thread too.

1 Like

Eww!
Not-understood enough, sir.

AS redic-early each match, on repeat, IS hard.
This is not-debatable.

Try AS-ing 10 in a row, pre-1-second, to block emotes.
Do that every time you play.
Gotta b pre-1 or else ur BM-intending opponent gets their window…

Does volume-of-matches have any positive correlation to difficulty of AS…early…pre-1-second…on repeat? ya.

It’s beyond-tedious.

The worst-thing on the forums is the ppl who misunderstand.
“c’mon…AS each match ain’t a thing…no bigs…”

Till you actually do it, and then forget, and then remember, and then forget, and then remember, but it was 3 seconds into the match, and not 1/2 second speed-AS…so you still got-bm’d.

No, playing a lot of matches and hearing the same “well played T-0, Thank you T-0, and WoW T-0” is not oversensitivity.

PS
Im Sorry was never offensive.
It was funny, always.
They took that out for “wow”.

That was a huuuuge mistake that could be undone too.

1 Like

It should be locked regardless. The answer has been provided less than a week ago regarding the request, so this thread is spam in and of itself due to that fact.

Imagine being offended by someone saying thanks lmao.

2 Likes

Imagine being offended by the idea that someone will squelch you and not receive your emotes even though you wouldn’t even know if the person squelched your or not.

Pretty much the whole argument of cyber-bully/emote spammer squad.

6 Likes

The bad habbits are increasing badly lately. I never ever had isues with anything but lately the emoting when you have a long think to distract you or the childish thank you over and over is getting so bad that I am considering squelch for very first time ever.
I love banter and emotes if its done well but not everyone knows how to do it properly,some are just very childish. I will probably start squelch if it starts happening in 25% of games which is getting close.

Emoting when opponent is having a long think to distract them and try make them misplay is definitely not done.

2 Likes