Add Auto-Squelch or Remove the "Thank You" Emote

I’m not a witch I’m not a witch!

Only on Mondays.

1 Like

What also floats in water?

A duck!

/20quackingchars

1 Like

I lost count the number of times I dropped my two cents on a ‘auto squelch’ thread but they keep making them so I have to keep repeating myself.

This is a NON-ISSUE. Sure an auto squelch feature could be implemented and it must be trivial to make and place in the interface but really guys? Is this is worth discussing?

There are far worse issues going on on HS that should unite all voices and provide a more productive avenue to vent or discuss.

I’ll give you a few:

1. Gambling system.
  2. Monetization.
  3. Poor card balance.
  4. Opening the 10th copy of the one epic I already own and don’t use while still missing over 10 epics of a given expansion.
1 Like

No. Bro. My feelings. All that matter.

Cartoon bubbles… offend…me…the darkness…sadness… I’m drifting…

Frankly, a stranger doesn’t owe you anything. More so in a virtual environment which I would argue has a different etiquette. But yeah, I actually tend to ignore some random dudes who say ‘hello’ to me on the street.

You can call me rude, you can be offended. But guess what? I don’t give a fig that you’re offended.

It’s funny that some anti-squelchers make this argument, but don’t realize that it also applies to them. Mand says:

Yeah, it’s not only about us, pro squelchers, but it’s also not only about you anti-squelchers. I understand that you want other player to entertain you and amuse you by communicating and emoting back because otherwise your Hearthstone experience is somehow incomplete, but it’s not just about you and your feelings. The world does not revolve around you and not everyone is playing for your entertainment and amusement.

2 Likes

That’s great. And guess what? I don’t fig a give that you can’t comprehend what I meant by “Greetings”

I am not here to translate the intentions of cartoon bubbles in a kids card game for you.

In the meantime, press squelch, bro.

Yeah, it’s indeed hard to translate the intentions of someone who greets you at the end of the game before making his lethal turn. I guess it’s just another polite player who simply forgot to greet you at the start.

And, yeah, I have zero problems squelching every game just like I’ve been doing for 3 years.

3 Likes

So, there’s no problem then! Good to hear!

Not for me, but it could be a problem for those who are more forgetful and forget to do it in every game or who are experiencing squelch bugs on tablets and phones.

Either way there’s no good reason to not implement this small quality of life feature which a lot of modern games already use than a plain stubborness on Blizzard’s side.

2 Likes

While you may not be wrong, you are not entirely correct.

“No good reason” is a strong opinion which opens up arguments.

If you want to avoid the back and forth bickering you should stray away from feelings and head more towards facts (which you include, but get diluted with the blanket opinionated statements).

Because, I could say “There’s no good reason to implement Auto Squelch!”.

Then what? We argue back and forth?

Country musics better than rap.
The patriots suck and buy all their superbowls.
Red is the best color for a car, come at me bro!

You can’t debate opinions.

So the main argument of anti AS always was:
people that wants autosquelch aparently are a minority, few people get upset by getting emoted and its not necesary for the game because just a minority who have “issues” needs this, but now you are saying that “if it is implemented people may leave it turned on because emotes can be anoying”? so, do we agree that emotes can be anoying and stop waving the flag of “you are too susceptible” or you are going to keep contradicting yourself?

1 Like

While I agree with your reasoning about throwing around empty statements and going back and forth my problem is that in this thread the opponents of AS have not really provided any points why AS would be a bad thing.

Perhaps such points were mentioned in the old forums, but I honestly didn’t see any serious points eventhough I was reading autosquelch posts quite actively though there’s always a chance I might have missed something.

The only point Mand mentioned was that if AS would be added more people would auto squelch because it would be more convenient and that they might forget to turn it back on or autosquelch accidentaly. However, he failed to explain what’s exactly the harm of more people auto squelching.

The only legit reason I can imagine is Blizzard’s own agenda that they don’t want to encourage people squelching emotes because they’ve put work into it and also into Hero skins with their respective emotes.

But even that seems strange reasoning to me, because squelch doesn’t take away from the experience of players who enjoy using emotes. They can still use their emotes as much as they like, they can enjoy the emotes of the Hero skins they’ve bought and they wouldn’t even know that they are actually squelched by the opposite player.

For me all of this leads to one conclusion. Appearantly for people who like emotes it’s not enough to simply emote to their heart’s content. For complete enjoyment they need to know that the other party is actually seeing their emotes or at the very least making sure that they are squelched by as few people as possible thus all the hate towards auto-squelch. And if that’s the case it’s actually quite strange and even concerning mentality.

1 Like

Because we’ve done it in all the OTHER threads in the last two years and are sick of people like you ignoring them and then claiming to have won by default, as you’re doing now.

And I have, actually, in this thread. Which you then ignored.

Constructive discussion requires honest discussion, and that can’t happen when you lie about the other side.

And you avoid to answers to replies made to you when you don’t have an answer to them, avoiding is also a way of not allowing constructive discussion

1 Like

(Citation needed)

you have it just 2 post up from your answer

I personally didn’t see any serious points or perhaps I missed them. Really, the only thing I read was auto squelch opponents like Paf and Right mocking and making fun of pro squelchers instead of making any legit points. Pretty much what seemed an attempt to troll and sabotage any serious discussion.

Except you haven’t. Your argument was that with auto squelch people would squelch more, but you didn’t explain why would it be such a bad thing.

1 Like

Saying two things that are both true is not a contradiction.

I am not responsible for your willful blindness.