7 bots in a row in wild, seriously?

Seriously the botting problem is so bad in wild that more than half the games are against pirate rogue/even shaman bots. And yes, it’s obvious to know what is a bot and what isn’t.

Beyond the eh balancing of wild more than anything, this legitimately makes me just not want to waste my time on the mode(or game for that matter). Is wild really so dead that this is all there is? I feel like I have to concede at least 3 or 4 (sometimes more) times in a row just to fight against a human. Unfun game experience and pretty sad honestly.

3 Likes

if not for bots you would be in queue for hours

2 Likes

I’m starting to believe that, I see more bots than actual players at this point. D5-legend seems to be the worst of it though. I actually would prefer longer queue times if it meant no bots though.

1 Like

Most players play the same meta decks over and over and over. Might as well play against bots…just saying.

Unless you’re stuck in bronze or silver ranks I can’t see how everyone you play in wild is a bot. You may assume they are a bot based on their go face play style but that is how most aggro decks are played.

Most bots I encounter rope and spam their hero power with very little effort to be competitive.

1 Like

Ah, if only those bots would stop being sentient enough to have feelings to play this game in the first place. Darn those pesky bots. I would’ve gotten away with getting to legend if it weren’t for them.

I’ve been legend almost every month, the worst is d5-legend as far as facing bots. You can tell they are bots by the play pattern and the fact you can literally troll them with doomsayers and the barrel and they’ll still go face. It’s not hard to tell what’s a bot and what isn’t dude.

If you find my claim unbelievable then watch one of roffles streams. He encounters TONS of bots to the point where he legit gets tilted over it and you can see it in real time. And it’s not everyone, but it is the majority of my games.

3 Likes

I’d say all smorc decks go face. Rarely do I see aggro players play for board control or trade.

…the dev team would have to admit they have driven away most of the playerbase.

…players would have a much better play experience.

…the game would be infinitely better.

…and so on.

People have faced bots all the way up to legend, across all play modes.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not sure what’s up. Do other people not face this many bots, or do they not know they are bots? I’m legitimately curious, because I face an incredible amount, over half my games, maybe a lot more. It’s not like it’s hard to tell bot behavior either, it’s very obvious and different than playing against an actual human.

“But but but but Activision stated!!“ Hearthstone defenders scream.

We’ve seen some frustration recently with increased bots in some aspects of Hearthstone. We take botting very seriously; we hear you and we’re acting on it.

We’ve seen a marked increase in third-party botting over the past several months. We already do regular, massive ban waves for bots, and we’re working to scale up our response to match the influx of new bot accounts. So far this year we’ve banned hundreds of thousands of accounts for botting—and we’re ramping up our efforts. We also have people working on solving this problem on a systematic level.

We can’t share more at this time. We have a general policy against explaining our cheating investigations or actions, because we have found that every time we share information about the process, that just helps the cheaters get more sophisticated, making the problem worse in the long run.

You can continue to help by using the in-game reporting function to report suspected bots. It helps us track down and eliminate these accounts. Another way you can help is by stomping these bots whenever you face them on the ladder. While you do that, know that we’re fighting them right alongside you.

See? They took care of the issue! Yet more bots are now present like : got1124#1360 - but they did a “mass ban wave….”

Do you smell the BS that Activision spews? They can’t ban bots, Hearthstone would collapse without the bots since hardly any players actually play.

3 Likes

you are confusing blizzard bots and player bots.

I think it depends on where , when and how .
In my case when from legend game sends you back in ranks at start of month , if you play first days you find real opponents , but if i wait some days i start to find blizzard bots.
I think this happens because Bronze 10 is full of player at start of month , but all player are there with star bonuses , so by just play some games players are moved faster to higher ranks and can’t fall back.
So by not start early on the month Bronze 10 - Legend became empty zones … most player go ahead with x9-x10 star bonus … so some “levels” are totally skipped.

they do ban bots but it feels they dont do these ban waves often enough

No, no they do not… Quit shilling.

1 Like

Do you really think all bots are just simple hero power bots? Maybe you should look up some videos on gaming bots and how sophisticated they can be. It’s a billion-dollar industry that hires some of the best programmers.

Some of them still are.

Let’s me catch up on reading and whatnot.

1 Like

I’ll never understand peoples fasination with buying a bot to play the game for them. Are they like farming gold in order to sell off their account? That’s just stupid.

2 Likes

Not sure for hearthstone, but in wow that was quite the money maker (back when the official position was “bot accounts pay their sub too!”), and there was even a system in the so called “people’s republic” where they had prison guards forcing inmates to play wow for insane shifts so they could sell the items and gold for money. Once again actiblizz did nothing for ages.

Only a mass exodus of players forced a change and the mass bot waves happened.

My hot take about all of this is that if the only bots you face are in legend, then they played well enough to climb to legend, so it’s probably gonna be around the same challenge as facing a human who got there.

I run into bots maybe 1/10 times, and basically never again once I hit gold thru diamond. I don’t hit legend every season so I guess I can’t speak to the legend bots, but, either way, my first point stands. Kinda just doesn’t feel like a big deal.

Let’s put it this way: by the time the company acknowledges a problem in the game, the house is not only on fire, but is almost beyond saving.

Botting has been a complaint going back some time (not “months”) and the fact they only comment about it now is a bit like their nerfs to irrelevant decks long after the meta has shifted.