500th Win not counting for Golden Hero in Ranked - Stuck at 499/500

Playing ranked normal with priest. Also quest “play 20 priest cards” counter still at 0/20 despite having played 3 games, one with a lyria-turn where i ran out of time playing one priest card after another…

Created priest Deck in Chaos snd completed quest

Just wanted to pop in and say that this is happening to me as well. Got to 499 wins as hunter yesterday and won a few more games in standard ranked and have not got the Golden Hero. No weird games just standard decks, let me know if I should be trying anything else. Thanks!

Hello! Today, playing for the class “hunter” my counter of victories approached mark 499/500. Having won a rating game, to me did not include the 500th victory. Came into Hearthstone anew, won several times a rating game in the standard mode: the victory was not added. Won a victory on phone, without changes.
I ask to help.
Battle tag O6uda#2482

I`m playing ranked standart game. Rexar. Mid hunter (deck).

Thank you for the reply. As a developer myself, I understand the frustration of not being able to reproduce a problem that is pissing people off. As such, I will gladly allow developers access to my account or to shadow as I play.

Hello Aelathera,
I’ve been met with the same issue and it’s persisting for some time now.
I’m playing mostly Rogue

1. Game modes are both Standard and Wild throughout the year of the Raven and a little bit through the year of the Mammoth. Lately I’ve been playing mostly Wild.
  2. I used both heroes for different decks, Valeera and Maiev (Valeera set to favorite, if that’s got anything to do with it).
  3. Decks I’ve been using varied:
    1. Tempo Rogue (Standard)
      AAECAaIHCJkCsgKvBO/CAsLOApziAqCAA9aMAwu0Ae0C3QiBwgLrwgLc0QLb4wKW6AKm7wLf7wKq/wIA
    2. Kingsbane Rogue (Wild)
      AEBAaIHCMgDkbwCub8Csc4CgNMCu+8C5/oCoIADC8sDzQPUBe4GhgnED/sPrxCbFeXRAtWMAwA=
    3. Odd Rogue (Wild)
      AAEBAYO6AgiiAq8E+g6RvAKA0wLR4QKe+AKggAMLqAXUBd0I8xGbFZK2AoHCAuvCAsrDAovlAqbvAgA=
    4. Big Rogue (Wild)
      AAEBAaIHCvYCuQ2CDqIQqKsChbgCycICws4Cz+EC7PwCCrQBzQObBYgHhgnl0QLn4QLQ4wLw5gLe+gIA
      And many many more variations before these decks like standard Kingsbane rogue, Pirate Rogue, Deathrattle Rogue and etc. in the Year of the Raven and Tempo Rogue in the Year of the Mammoth. Lately I haven’t played Standard much maybe a bout 10 wins barely.
  4. I’ve never used Whizbang or won any games with his decks, I’ve experienced many instant concedes in the first few turns, and I haven’t experienced anything that stood out at all while playing. I’ve never played arena (got maybe 4 arena wins not with Rogue). In general I’ve been stuck on 499/500 wins for 2 days now and I’ve won about 15-20 matches since the counter hit 499.

Also I’d like to note that I’ve played Hearthstone on both Phone (ios) and PC (windows), and I’ve won on both lately but to no avail, the problem persists.

1 Like

I am also stuck at 499 with Warlock. I have won 4 games at 499 wins, and the number has not moved.

I’ve been having the same issue with Shaman: ranked, wild, using default hero.
Stuck at 499/500 at least twice if not 3x.

Thanks for the info, there is one more thing we want to check.
For those that are still affected, could you enter into Arena and make sure there is no reward pending on that screen then try to get that 500th win?

3 Likes

THIS WAS THE FIX. Went to arena, clicked rewards boxes, then went and won 500th game in ranked that gave me the 500 win and golden portrait, thanks!

2 Likes

+1 to this, I did have pending rewards. Accepting them and then just winning 1 game proc’ed the golden portrait. Thanks!

1 Like

This did it for me, i had pending rewards in arena, thanks so much!

This also fixed it for me.
BTW: my arena rewards were for zero wins, so kinda odd I had them in the 1st place (I never play arena).

You probably once entered the Arena (maybe when you started playing and the Innkeeper urged you to press that button for a free try) and then left and forgot about it.
In the past two years or so Blizzard has a few times force-retired all open Arena runs. So your unfinished run would then have ended with zero wins, and in the state “waiting to show the player their rewards”

Arena prize fix worked for me too. Thanks

Ok I got the golden hunter but I didn’t get the boomsday pack that was part of the arena rewards. I opened the arena reward thing and I saw the boomsday pack but I didn’t see that there were packs to open

You probably opened that pack a long time ago already.

Arena rewards are not added when you view the animation, That animation is just you seeing the rewards you already received.
The actual act of adding rewards to an account is done in the same second that a run ends. Often that is the end of a game (3rd loss or 12th win), but sometimes it is a force-retire.

In your case, you probably had an active run you forgot about. One day (months or even years ago) that run was force-retired. When you logged on, you found a pack, and perhaps some extra gold or dust. You didn’t notice the gold or dust and you might or might not have noticed the pack - but if you did you probably attributed to something else and didn’t think about arena.

Now you finally went to reveal the rewards. You were shown a pack and none was added. That’s because you already received it a long time ago.

EDIT to add this link: Hearthstone Common Issues

2 Likes

My warrior is stuck at 488 is this not yet fixed???

Same issue. My DK is stick at 487. Tried past suggestion of looking for unclaimed arena awards. Nothing there. Playing on mobile. Have closed out, verified all updates installed, restarted. Same issue.

My problem resolved and I am progressing again. Not sure what fixed it. I had delayed the initial post to make sure I was stuck and I definitely was. Glad I am progressing again.