29.2.2 Patch Notes

29.2.2 Patch Notes

Patch 29.2.2 brings huge balance updates to Standard, Wild, and Battlegrounds.

View Full Article

9 Likes

A lot of these changes are honestly well needed, thank you for doing a great job (no irony, no sarcasm, I’m actually being serious!)

5 Likes

Is there somewhere the detailled changes of whizbang’s decks ?

not sure removing reno counter was a good idea

2 Likes

team5 are you kidding me? TNT lego need deathrattle instead of battlecry at first step how about 3 zilliax then full board what hit charge? no brann nerf no plague nerf
druid buff is a joke…and how about all other HL card “start of game” reno alone useless lol 8mana dragon still unplayable vs DK!

do you realize now a warrior cant draw the tnts?

1 Like

but still can put 6 or 12 in your deck?
if is deathrattle maybe you can take it to your side or silence? less pain when is play?

Not nerfing Brann is criminal.
Where is the “player agency” regarding that
???

1 Like

but warrior cant combo it with gaslight gatekeepr

2 Likes

yes is not have 12 mana till gatekeeper mana raised too…thx now even harder combo whit aviana…

Omg, finally the path to redemption

Didn’t expect Blizzard “nerfs” Reno by checking duplicates at the start of game. Well done Blizz by removing a counter to Reno and doing nothing to Brann :+1:

5 Likes

nothing? they removed the counter from all HL cards including brann

1 Like

Yall, if they nerf warrior’s board control the tempo loss of playing Brann is now more punishing.

I bet yall have lots of experiences with 6 cost cards you thought was going to be really strong but ultimately in practice it’s actually a lot harder to play due to the pressure the opponent is putting on you. Shudderblock, Dr. Stichensew, many of the miniaturize minions. You can throw them down but doing so might lose ya the game from the tempo loss before you can regain the value from them.

That’s how Brann was always designed. The problem was that warrior could clear the board before or after way too easily so the downside of playing brann was completely minimized.

Yall lost to Brann so want revenge nerfs where it’s completely kneecapped. Adjusting the context around when has normally been played affects it too. It’s way more likely that throwing Brann on 6 without him thinking is a game-losing play now.

1 Like

Seems to a nice list of changes, but how could you miss out Paladin from the bufffs? You have nerfed it to the ground 2 patches before, remember? :roll_eyes:

Amazing patch from an amazing team! Keep it up Blizzard Entertainment.

Thanks for letting me continue abusing my Brann with no counters now. :partying_face: :partying_face: and amazing Boomboss guy to destroy my opponent’s deck more efficiently! :partying_face: :partying_face:

Great patch! :partying_face: :partying_face:

Reno (and other highlanders) being “start of game” is silly and lazy.

It limits counterplay and also limits the folks that might play a couple of duplicates to get more consistency for certain effects, at risk of not having the highlander trigger when needed.

1 Like

Interesting changes to Reno decks. I wonder if they will apply this formula to wild Reno cards in the future, either that or revert these changes once the badlands expansion cycles out of standard. Also… now Reno decks have no counter? I don’t know….

1 Like

The “counter” is playing against someone with an inconsistent deck.

I’m super happy to not run into plague DKs on ladder all the time, for my non-warrior highlander decks that actually aren’t just pure downside anymore, as well as my normal decks. Plagues are annoying, folks will play them less now. That’s great news. They’ll probably become less annoying.

5 Likes

They have no HARD counter
Just like many other powerful cards and mechanics in the game
But they now have their real drawback exposed since you trully can’t run duplicates in your starting deck

2 Likes