29.2 Patch Notes

can you explain why removing the turn 3 6/5 and making it hard to pull it on turn 4 wont weaken the deck?

because as far as i know the deck depends on those strong early turns to win

1 Like

so true. a lot of time this deck loses when it gets one or even two shopper for 5 mana

1 Like

I think mana nerf was unnecessary for weapon. giving extra durability to weapon would be better there is also a tempo variation of the deck which is weaker than aggro one this nerf is unfair to that variation.

Nah, still, plus one durability makes it hard to work with so much freeze in ladder. As I said, they should reduce it’s effect. But blizzard uses dolphin method from Family Guy to do balance

1 Like

I’m not sure I agree with this premise, but I suppose the expression “low low place” is vague enough to mean pretty much anything. It’s not not as diverse as we would like, but that may change with this adjustment to DH.

Again, if you read the Developer Comment, it’s clear that this is outside of their normal balance adjustment window. But because DH was such an outlier, they took an unusual step and incorporated a single nerf to rein it in. More adjustments will follow. And if the one mana nerf to the weapon proves insufficient, they will do more.

1 Like

Some highlights…

[Hearthstone] Actually removed the tip that read, in part, “This tip was removed. Translators: please leave this blank.”

Truly? :grinning:

[Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Splendiferous Whizbang only used the basic hero skins.

Interesting! Didn’t know it was a bug. :grinning:

[Hearthstone] Whizbang the Wonderful has been reverted to its normal effect (it was temporarily changed due to March’s Twist season)

Yep, that settles it: Twist is over, but old Whizbang still has old decks - #2 by SparkyElf-2852

[Collection] Fixed a bug where there was only one non-golden Vampiric Blood granted in Core.

Oh, yes!

Not that a triple-blood DK looks attractive right now, but that was a bit of a shame (see ‘Known Issues’).

[Collection] Fixed a bug where players got an error message when attempting to craft certain Golden versions of Wild Demon Hunter cards.

Some people have been complaining about it for… I dunno, months?

One more small thing.

So, that holds, at least accroding to patch notes (which have not always reflected reality well).

Which isn’t even the biggest on, see, for example: Cockroach OTK Shaman is back...again

I translate: destroyed the deck/class completely.

Questionable point. I think it was more of a ‘fanservice’ to a vocal part of the community.

Which is more or less the only excuse for such a hasty and sloppy approach, bad not only for DH, but also for the meta in general, according to my projections.

reducing effect was not going to nerf agroo dh alot. if goes first aggro dh is able to play shopper at turn 4 for 3 mana if you nerf the effect it will be turn 4 for 4 mana.

So it will only punish player who goes second and use coin.

Durability at the other hand delays draw one turn without changing weapon effect plus the damage it will deal also player still will be able to use it at turn 3. it will not harm the tempo variation or other possible variations a lot only the aggro.

1 Like

settles what ? we were told whizbang woudl be changed before that twist season started and changed back the first patch after it ended :confused:

1 Like

Have you read the linked topic carefully? I think it does answer that quite clearly.

1 Like

You don’t need to nerf it a lot. With weapon of 4 mana cost or weapon that is 3-3 you are going to find shopper earlier than the weapon pulls it.
I can bet a 100 this patch is going to gut aggro DH. Because I literally can’t see what are you going to play for 3 mana in aggro dh. There are literally no playable options.

1 Like

It doesn’t weaken the deck enough. All it does is possibly delay the same exact move by a single turn

1 Like

" New Cosmetic Type: Diamond Hero Skins" The idea seems very good, but only if you will offer these for 1000+ wins like other golden skins per class… I have more than 7000 Paladin wins and since golden core legendary set (5000 wins) didn’t get anything for wins.

2 Likes

Thank you for making the special event only related to the track you play! Kudos for keeping Battlegrounds out of my Hearthstone!!

1 Like

Really? That one mana nerf completely destroys DH? It was at 60% win rate in D4-1 across multiple builds. That’s extremely high. Even if this nerf knocks it down 5% (which would be huge) it’d still be at 55% which is very, very strong.

While I absolutely agree with the notion that nerfs as a “fanservice” to the whiners is a terrible approach, I think in this case, the extremely high win rate of the deck warrants it.

It’s an easy nerf, just to get it reined in a little. Let’s see how the meta adjusts after tomorrow and over the next two weeks. Other decks will absolutely be elevated. And when that happens, they can introduce a more comprehensive collection of adjustments. I expect some of those adjustments to include Zarimi Priest and Aggro Hunter which sport win rates up in the high 50s, along with Warrior and WheelLock which are in the mid-high 50s. We probably need more data to see where Shaman sits, but that’s one to keep an eye on as well.

My point is… relaxxxxx. More adjustments are coming. See what shakes out over the next two weeks. I just hope that the adjustments are based primarily on actual documented win rate data, not if a deck makes people feel bad.

1 Like

15 wins for the weekly quest??? Really blizzard? I have a family, a life. 5 wins sometimes is already a challange. I can’t play for hours every week. This is stupid. And thank you for changing the quests during the week… I can already forget it this week.

4 Likes

Where are you seeing that? My Weekly still says 5 wins.

1 Like

Just replying to let the Devs know that literally nobody likes the tripling of weekly quests. Its just alienating those who don’t have time.

3 Likes

The quest change is absurd and completely out of bounds. Especially after people have bought a rewards track with an expectation of how progression would go AND burying the change under “Misc” at the bottom of the patch notes. This should have been significantly highlighted…but they knew this would be an issue so they tried to hide it.

If this doesn’t revert, I am seriously done. Whoever is making these decisions for the HS team has shown they really do not care about players, especially casual. I’d hoped with MS coming in there would be changes for the better but I guess not.

1 Like

And there it is. Yesterday, I was 4/5 on the Win 5 Ranked Matches weekly quest. Now I’m 4/15. Shame on you Blizzard. You TRIPLE the win requirements and increase the reward by 20%. You seriously think that’s equitable?!? IT IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Also THIS!! How cowardly to hide this in a vague notes at the tail end of last section of a huge Patch Notes post.

I propose we all flood the CS Center with Tickets expressing our outrage in a communal act of Civil Disobedience.