28.4 - Account Bans for Duels Exploiting

They are being compensated quite fairly imo.

I think they are still legally liable. They need to refund the original payment. Yes it’s a massive pain to do, but it’s the only way to cover their assses.

If someone paid real money, real money must be refunded.

At least in my country this would be required.

1 Like

Hi!

If we were affected by the exploit, do we need to send an e-mail or something for the tavern tickets? Or is it detected automaticaly?

Thanks!

Maybe as an option, but they are offering 10x the cash price in “store credit”. I doubt many of the very few players who actually paid cash for it would turn that down. And gold purchases are a non-issue. In any country. Gold was used to buy an entry, they replaced your digital currency with another digital currency for the same thing, again with 10x the initial purchase value.

So when do they expect to have the Heroic Duels fixed? That is one of my favorite modes in the whole game…

3 Likes

Players who lost to Illegal decks will recieve 10 tickets, Okey, sounds fair, but where do I sign up to recieve the tickets? It happened on two occasions for me, I’ve got logs from both hsreplay and firestone.
Will you contact me or is there someone to contact? I have reported them for cheating in the game as well

2 Likes

My best guess is they’ll use the data they used to ban the people exploiting in the first place to compensate their victims.

They already have all the information so it wouldn’t make any sense for them to make people jump through hoops to be made whole.

Reporting them probably helped them figure out what they were doing to exploit the game, which probably helped them mass ban them, I doubt they would rely on reports to compensate people though.

Are y’all still killing duels in April, and is there any indication that these events (the exploiting and removing the mode) were related?

1 Like

10 tickets is hella generous. Good on you.

1 Like

Just a shame they can only be used in duels until April

2 Likes

The people cheating in heroic duels just moved to casual just played against a guy named godgun#32766 as warlock he had no warlock cards he had death knight,mage,and paladin cards his entire deck was all copy’s of patchwork ice block cold feet and rebuke you guys seriously need to fix this its getting ridiculous.

1 Like

Still getting cheaters/hacker in casual duels. Just shows where blizzard’s priorities are.

Time to delete everyone, just stop playing. It’s not worth it.

1 Like

I have on my own experienced 4 of these hacked decks two in heroic before it was closed and now 2 in casual. They are normally always manastorm decks one started with 4 passive treasures some of which I havent even saw before and their cards are like heroic single player boss cards, one guy had a deck full of actual legendary treasure such as gain 100 armor for 0 mana and destroy all spells in your oppenents deck and hand for 1 mana etc…

I am extremely upset at Blizzards decision to permanently delete the only mode I play which I play fulltime without exception I am quitting for good once you guys go through with this… you could just hault updates on it and leave it as is and leave it for those of us who play it , DELETE TWIST OR MERCENARY OR SOMETHING THAT IS ACTUALLY BAD!

2 Likes

Wait - so they are actually going ahead with deleting Duels?? That is like, the best mode in all of Hearthstone!!

3 Likes

I have had 2 games where I lost due to this. Really frustrating to see it happening in the game. I only had enough time to screen record the second one part way through

I dont get the complaints besides duels leaving. Probably my top mode atm then battlegrounds is second. They are banning all the cheater is great news usually the response is not this fast. They are giving us 10 runs to make up for losing out on 1 heroic duel/run. This is probably one of the best response/response time i have seen to an issue in many years of playing hearthstone. Hopefully duels isnt down for too long if the april end date is still in place.

when are you gona turn on heroic duels i bought tavern tickets to play duels and that same day game mode was disabled i mean i feal riped off

1 Like

Well, “I’ve got some bad news for you, sunshine” :grinning: :

Rightly so: that’s what this game’s ‘deals’ are all about.

Hi , “Next week” is almost over, any news on the matter?

3 Likes