Patch 26.4.2 is a server-side hotfix patch rolling out now with the following game updates and bug fixes:
The following heroes now have less armor:
- Cookie the Cook now has 6 Armor
- Inge, the Iron Hymn now has 6 Armor, and 8 Armor at higher levels
- Murloc Holmes now has 8 Armor
- Rock Master Voone now has 10 Armor, and 8 Armor at higher levels
- Tamsin Roame now has 12 Armor
The following heroes now have more armor:
- Cap’n Hoggar now has 15 Armor
- Galakrond now has 16 Armor
- Alexstrasza now has 17 Armor
- Zephrys, the Great now has 18 Armor
- Illidan Stormrage now has 20 Armor
- Daring Fire-Eater, Amplified Snowflurry, Popular Pixie, Felfire Deadeye, Waterboy, Idol’s Adoration, Sneaky Scout, and Fanottem Lord of the Opera are now banned from deckbuilding and all card pools.
- [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where playing too many Concoctions while holding a Shadow of Demise could cause server issues and disconnects.
- [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where Golden Tough Tusk would not regain Divine Shield if a Blood Gem was played on it during combat.
- [Progression] Fixed a bug where the “Doin’ Somethin’ Unholy” Event Quest was not progressing.
You say that the doing something unholy was fixed, I just played a game that include playing an unholy room card, but it did not progress. Fix it again, and Iunholy was fixed, I just played a game that include playing a unholy room card, but it did not progress. Fix it again and apply to my device.
Is there an ETA as to when we are to expect the next patch? Asking for Battlegrounds specifically.
Play with mouse on Android?
When playing Arianna in BG the HP count for refreshes is incorrect and now require 15+ refreshes to complete.
This never should’ve been unbanned in the first place
Was never banned, just not added to duel until they add Rastakhan Rumble
A lot of these Duels changes are wrongheaded. Fannoten is an awesome card and trap in Duels that is only a problem in Diablo Doom Charge decks, a blessedly temporary problem; he should be unbanned as soon as Diablo rotates.
HP Reno was obviously a huge problem that needed to be addressed but banning Daring Fire-Eater removes cool play options from Mozaki and Drek’thar. A much better solution is adding the text “Cannot be targeted by Spells or Hero Powers” to the card; a minor buff for everyone but Reno, still allows the combo but with much more setup and much harder to win with early on as your deck all cycles into that.
Further it is absurd that Duels — a game mode designed around high power levels and hyper synergies — only receives balancing in the form of Nerfs. Svalna could come back now. Crimson Clergy is well within duels power curve. The answer to every problem isn’t a nerf and Team 5 sees this in other places. Most of the unhealthy Hero Power builds only exist because you have now made passive treasures too inconsistent to build around for example
I know it wasn’t in until Rumble, but I’m fairly certain it was banned.
I don’t know why the devs can’t just start banning cards per hero. I could’ve sworn they’ve done it before. Or maybe I’m thinking of pools.
This isn’t true. And tbh, a nerf in power level is a good thing. Duels might be higher in power, but that doesn’t mean it needs to get stupid about it. There’s already enough “blink and you’re dead” moments in HS(nevermind duels specifically) as it is.
The fewer cheesy shenanigans people can do, the better.
I believe they don’t because that technology doesn’t exist in Hearthstone’s code. Duels is the only game mode where it would make any sense to do hero by hero card bans.
I am fine with Nerfs. I am not fine with how exclusively the solutions to problems aren’t making more things viable or reasonable but making fewer and fewer strategies available. Staking a Claim needed a nerf. HP Reno obviously needed to be cut down. Drek’thar Groovy Cat was awful. Turn 2 Fanotten to the face is a problem. But where are the buffs to signature treasures to try to counter balance these things? Where is the return of banned cards when the elements that made them problems have been addressed? Why are passive treasures still inconsistent if the major power outliers have been adjusted? Balancing can’t always be making things weaker