22.2 Patch Notes

Dear Blizzard, please go back through history and count up how many nerfs are necessitated by mana cheat cards (including effects like Recruit). Maybe it’s time to acknowledge that mana cheat is an extremely risky card design tool in Hearthstone and should be used more conservatively or – better yet – not at all.

3 Likes

Loving training changes in mercenaries, especially the one with equipment requirements, getting task 7 equipment, while it is needed almost with very each mercenary was super annoying. Great job! New mercs seem to shake up with the meta a lot. Hoping they won’t be too op, like valeera is for example. Nowadays, it is just playing valeera or some counter valeera comp.

For some reason, Tyrantus, Druid’s Legendary Beast minion from “Journey to Un’Goro” expansion, 12/12 for 10 mana, still didn’t get its signature “Can’t be targeted by spells or Hero Powers” effect back. What a shame.

Warrior hero needs a hero power rework just that, most o of the hero powers are an upgrade , but the warrior its just change your hero power. Other thing most of the warrior taunt card are pretty bad, i hope the new year gave something like un goro quest, something to use the warrior cards.

If sorcerer’s apprentice is in every deck you have, by definition it needs looking at. Try exploring the rest of the card pool.

4 Likes

I’m trying to guess, which heroes and creatures will be in the new mini-set? :thought_balloon:

We met legendary creatures from Wailing Caverns and brave pirates from Deadmines… :dizzy:

Maybe there will be strong Ironforge dwarves? Or powerful dwarves from the Dark Iron clan? Or noble dwarves from Bronzebeard clan? :left_speech_bubble:

What do You think about that? :right_anger_bubble:

Are you sure? Mine has his test and effect both in the collection and in-game (just tested)

As you say, a bigger hit to Pquest would obliterate it from Standard (it may even be the case with this nerf). Maybe they should have tried to target Wild specific cards also to solve the Wild problem.
I agree with you regarding Scabbs (but it’s a big hit for Poison Rogue at least) and Gnoll: before nerf it was a good card in thief rogue without Maestra with a busted interaction with Maestra (which allowed it to be run in non-thief decks); now you REQUIRE Maestra for it to be good in thief rogue… it doesn’t make any (common) sense.

1 Like

By the way, Blizzard, can you separate the “Bug Fixes & Game Improvements” notes by game mode? It’s quite annoying lumping them together, specially with a lot of them like this patch.

4 Likes

So, another long time favorite, Sorcerer’s Apprentice in this case, is forever shafted over because you all coughed out broken decks.

Just hurry up and take Bill Gates money.

1 Like

they should change the name of the game mode “mercenaries” into “great disappointments”.

hey blizz, admit, mercenaries is a bad buisness model covered up in a even worse game mode!

as long as you refuse to change the economy of this mode, no one will play it, cause you waste the time of your playerbase. its not just disrespectful its a scam!
opened a thread 21. Oct. 2021

nothing changed, still the same problem.
no other mode has this many currencies as this mode.
change it and ppl will start to play it again…

training grounds solves not 1 problem of this mode… stop distracting from the elephant in the room! you want us to accept this model, so you can sell us currencies for ridiculous prices, while you have 0 efforts

the actiblizz community is naive but not that much!

so thx for nothing, we keep waiting for the next “big” “awsome” useless update!

btw.
there is a intresting competetor for free arcanium seems to be, what mercenaries wannabe! :smiley: maybe the hearthstone team rethinks his approach, but i guess they wont! :+1:

2 Likes

Why wild pirate warrior wasn’t touched Blizzard why? What did I do wrong to you?

2 Likes

So Diablo is no more in Duels?
Have a good rest sweet prince…

:sleepy:

Sorry, but that’s simply not true. If you play in fighting pit, you’re getting coins among the others of mercenaries in your comp. As well completing tasks gives you coins of mercenary which task is about. Of course, you’ll get another coins as “bonus” so it can ended up getting some dead coins and i admit it can be annoying, but it is far away from 6,1% to get coins you wish for. You can target and level up mercenaries quite efficiently and the truth is, that in this state of game i don’t know what i should pay my money for. Of course, it takes some time and it is a long run way to get some mercenary, especially legendary one, maxed out. But it is reasonable. It’s not supposed to be a sure thing, having all your mercs maxed. The only annoying thing was to get needed 7task equipment, even if you’d have plenty of coins and that is something what’s going to be fixed…
Nevertheless i agree, that getting dead coins feels weird and bad, i have 1700 coins for my maxed tavish for example, and it would be great to figure out what to do with these, maybe transfer it into another mercenary with a reduction for rarity like dust cost for standard cards? Or just stop the option of getting coins for maxed mercenaries? Or better stop it at the moment of getting enough coins for maxing it because of that stupid task7 requirement for getting some equipment? That would make the game even better, but maybe it would mean, that nobody would pay real money for anything at all, i dont know. But i like these changes and it is enough for me right now.

Will the following be fixed in the next update?:

1. Cards from old addons that give mana crystals do not work correctly with a maximum mana of 20 (For example: Keeper of the Swamp does not give you mana crystal after getting 10-th mana crystal even if you’ve played Guff before).
  2. A field added with the " Fractured in Alterac Valley" addon, which, when interacting with it (For example, launching a stone from a catapult) breaks the game in many ways.

Dear Blizzard team!

Every time I think about the next mini-set and I have an idea… We could add four legendary and famous Dark Iron dwarves from Blackrock Depths, because they could be like an opposition to dwarves from Stormpike… :boom:

1. Houndmaster Grebmar…
  2. Golem Lord Argelmarch…
  3. Warder Stilgriss…
  4. Coren Direbrew…

In parallel with the Blackrock Depths mini-set we can add some new interesting and famous mercenaries in the new patch, like it was with patch 21.6 and Deadmines mini-set… :fire:

1. Queen Moira Thaurissan (legendary caster)…
  2. Bael’gar (epic protector)…
  3. Ambassador Flamelash (epic fighter)…
  4. Golem Lord Argelmarch (epic fighter)…
  5. Fineous Darkvire (rare fighter)…

I love it when dev team destroys 2 classes completely and they forget about token druids and paladins in some way those 2 decks happen to have the highest dust pool and they are super broken in terms of cards, what i still don’t understand is that nerfing more than 3 cards in a rouge class basically made 5 of my decks useless now, thanks again for giving us a heads up on quitting the game!

Overall, the nerfs seem ok at first glance. Big hit to Rogue, but at my level on ladder, I don’t see all that many. Slowing down Pirate Quest Warrior a little is nice for me, as I see more of them at my level. I like that they specifically acknowledged that this is targeted at lower levels of play; balance adjustments are not exclusively based on top Legend performance.

Also:

So much this. Please get rid of that unnecessary banner at the top of the screen that blocks our view of the opponents hero. Even at my level of mediocre play, I do factor in my opponent’s class when deciding my mulligan. Or add the opponent’s class under their name at the lower left corner.

1 Like

I don’t play wild but… surely sorcercer’s apprentice being a 4 mana 3/2 is pretty insane for a nerf? couldn’t it have gotten a stat increase as well?

2 Likes

Key card Sorcercer’s Apprentice destroyed. This card exists since launch…

R.I.P. Mage & R.I.P. HS.

1 Like