19.2.1 Patch Notes

19.2.1 Patch Notes

This balance update includes changes for Edwin VanCleef and Boggspine Knuckles in Standard, Elistra the Immortal in Battlegrounds, and a few bug fixes.

View Full Article

Where is foxy fraud? Rogue is still going to be insane.

1 Like

I say hello to the wild magicians/

I donā€™t think thatā€™ll be enough, shaman recieved a good nerf, but i think custodian could see a 3 mana o at least being a 1/2. Foxy Fraud and Swindle still insane, whirlkick still insane. Kinda disappointing. Just HoF Edwin Already BTW

3 Likes

So dumb. Donā€™t ruin one of the few good classic class legendaries we have. Nerf the new cards that make Edwin overpowered. Now, when those new cards rotate out, weā€™re left with a worthless Edwin. This is backwards, and thereā€™s not a good reason for it.

42 Likes

Elistraā€™s stats nerfed, but not her ability; thatā€™s good, but sheā€™s still really annoying then :neutral_face:

2 Likes

As a wild player, it is disheartening to see the dev team continue to ignore the wild format when making balance changes for standard.

Edwin is not problematic in wild. If Edwin is such a problem in standard and you arenā€™t willing to touch the other cards enabling him (looking at you, Foxy) then send Edwin to the Hall of Fame. A nerf to 4 mana will forever relegate an iconic card to unplayable status. Disappointing to say the least, and another message to the wild community that the devs just donā€™t care about the format.

25 Likes

No elemental nerf in BGā€™s? Interesting.

1 Like

Looks like blizzard likes expensive deck like pure paladin, thatā€™s why nerfs hit only cheap decks like shaman ora rogue

7 Likes

pure paladin is a tier 4 deck at high legend

i suggest reading the patch notes:
We want to evaluate how the rest of Rogueā€™s kit performs without this very powerful iteration of Edwin. Cards like Foxy Fraud, Swindle, and Prize Plunderer are important pieces for future expansions and card interactions, so weā€™ll be keeping close tabs on how they perform with the influx of new cards and Edwinā€™s nerf.

2 Likes

Secret passage still one of the most obscene cards around. Edwin will still be playable but no more turn 1/2 10/10 edwins at least.

1 Like

I read the patch notes: itā€™s dev speech for we wonā€™t change these cards.

no, what they are saying is that combo is an important part of rouge in coming expansions so they would prefer to not nerf them before first checking how big impact nerfing edwin has on their performance.

1 Like

Suckssssss. Rogueā€™s signature legendary now useless. Abusive nerf for a the classic legendary of the class. Unbelievable. Saddest day of this week, month and year nice combo dev team.

7 Likes

Edwin is powerful in early game bec of new card foxy fraud. Go nerf foxy then. Donā€™t touch classic cards. They are fundamental resource for own class. Understand it

5 Likes
6 Likes

no duels changes to make more than 3 classes viable?

1 Like

They are rotating classic cards this year. This has been known for a long time. Understand it

Edwin finally bit it. Not surprising though, heā€™s dodged the nerf hammer for years.

I donā€™t know if 1 attack off Boggspine will be enough to take Shaman down a bit, but they canā€™t curve Boggspine with Corsair on 5 anymore, which is nice.

1 Like

Elistra had it coming for her. In fact I like this version a lot already.

1 Like