18.2 Patch Notes

18.2 Patch Notes

This patch introduces Battlegrounds parties, the Forbidden Library limited-time event, balance updates, and more!

View Full Article

3 Likes

How much would the Jaina hero skin be? Looks like 12,50$ value to me.

I donā€™t knowā€¦ I really donā€™t like the 1000 gold Brawliseumā€¦ it is too expensive even if you have a chance for big rewardsā€¦

14 Likes

Will battlegrounds parties allow players to choose their opponents in ranked mode?

2 Likes

So, do the 4 man ranked queues in BGs only get matched up with other 4 man squads? Because if this isnā€™t the case, it puts anyone who isnā€™t in a 4 man party at a MASSIVE disadvantage in that game. If this is true, this is a huge hit to the competitive integrity of the game. It is basically, borderline cheating. I have high hopes for this game mode, so I really hope the system ensures that ranked queues of 4 ONLY go against other ranked queues of 4.

24 Likes

Based on the reward breakdown shown here, you would break even at around 4-5 wins based on the total number of packs/dust/gold earned. Which isnā€™t bad if you have a deck you can pilot decently, although it is a big risk.

1 Like

The way I value it, it is 5-6 wins, because I donā€™t value dust as much as you do it seemsā€¦

1 Like

On average, a card pack is equal to 100 dust. So you could reasonably make the assumption that 100 dust = 100 gold. Sure, thatā€™s on average, but thatā€™s what my estimate was coming from. If you happen to value dust less, then of course the brawliseum is riskier.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I am decent at the game, I have 11 star bonus this month in both standard and wildā€¦ I am just a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to stuff like thisā€¦ (also I just find dust slightly less flexible than gold for things like buying card backs for 500 gold and adventures for 700 gold per wing)

1 Like

You break even at 6 wins, the way I value dust. Assuming your ā€œaverageā€ player will get 3 wins and 3 losses, you have to be twice as good as your average player to break even. 4x better than the average AND lucky to get to 12 wins.

This will allow blizzard and extremely practiced players to tag-team prey on inexperienced players by selling them something undervalued and feeding the rewards to the players who already have huge collections.

7 Likes

I saw the Secret Passage nerf by a mile. The Cabal Acolyte surprises me. Totem Goliath was already a nice card, but now it doesnā€™t sting as much if it gets sapped. I doubt the Archwitch Williow will change anything, since Warlock still lacks big demons. The Darkglare nerf also surprised me, but it makes sense given how abused it was.

Once again nothing for Standard. All kinds of stuff for BG and new stuff, but nothing for Standard. No card tweaks/nerfs. Less than a month after the expansion and the meta is a mess already.

MMR/matchmaking fixes might help, but something should be done. At least recognize that Standard needs something instead of pushing out patch after patch with tons of BG content and nothing else.

2 Likes

Do we get a dust refund for Willow ?

1 Like

Only dust refunds are for Secret Passage, Cabal Acolyte, and Darkglare.

1 Like

Was it really necessary to nerf Acolyte to 4 health? It is an absolute disappointment that control decks are basically absent in this meta, and now this nerf targets the only moderately viable slower deck optionā€¦ Lame, I reckon.

3 Likes

According to one of the designersā€™ tweets, the Cabal nerf was warranted:

1 Like

wow priest got a Nerf ā€¦ I didnā€™t see that coming >.>;;;

1 Like

No improvements for allegedly supported mobile devices againā€¦ how can we enjoy the balance changes when allegedly supported devices crash every game?

2 Likes

Of course the average win rate will be 2.5 wins so breaking even at 4-5 isnā€™t actually good.

1 Like

Try playing arena. One day they might let me earn card backs without playing constructedā€¦ one day.