17.2.1 Patch Notes

Are you seriously trying to compare a deck with a 48 percent winrate to a deck that had and maintained a 58-60 percent winrate since its inception?

And? The meta has shifted and now it is tier 3.

It’s tier three because it is also doing trash right now. Even totem shaman does better.

And that reason is that people refuse to tech for it and add silence to their decks or use cards that generate cards for them to screw up their rez pool. You have to use intelligence and brainpower to play against priest you can’t just go for face and be done in 5 minutes.

If you can’t figure out how to counter it, I’d say it makes me more skilled than you.

(By the way, I don’t even play res priest anymore because it sucks now, should it return to the meta I’ll play it, till then I’m playing Dragon Hunter… which beats res priest)

Because again, who cares if priest’s win rate drops below 48 percent? Their fun doesn’t matter. Only the fun of people who want 5 minute games and to go face with no strategic thought.

5 Likes

So you’re running one of the only decks that is purely countered by priest and you’re whining.

You did that to yourself dude. Why are you bringing scissors to a rock fight?

I mean quest warlock has a 39 percent winrate overall, it’s a terrible archetype right now. That’s what you should be complaining about.

1 Like

How the dust is working right now?

If I dust the nerfed cards I could get them again normally from packs?

Yes. Also if you just open packs you can get them and then dust the old one for full dust when you have three. It’ll do that for the next couple weeks, until you’ve dusted all your already owned nerfed copies.

It’s not the right nerf for the priestess anyway, her body was never the problem. It’s the guaranteed damage she does at the end of the turn that is the issue. Particularly if you use a fel screamer and then drop priestess on turn 5.

You literally must be somewhat special because when I look at Rez priest despite it being tier 3 it has a solid 57 win rate with its most popular deck dunno where your seeing 48? Is that the overall? Well then DH is actually 54… not 60… in that case! If your gonna compare them at least match your comparisons…
This guy must be illiterate come to think of it… Because I did actually say I play as most decks But that warlock deck is just one of my favorites… I mentioned that because you assume I only play as aggro… oh and btw you do know one of the strongest Rez priest counters is murlocs which is as Aggro as it gets…

NO. I tried this myself.

When you own a card, and then dust it, the game excludes it from the duplicate rule. So if I open Leoroxx, and dust him, I won’t get Leoroxx again until I open him as a duplicate legendary.

This does not work for insane amounts of dust.

If you own all rares and dust Priestess of Fury, you will not reopen Priestess of Fury 100% of the time.

2 Likes

`https://hsreplay.net/meta/

K.

Woman*

As I said:

Yes, it’s specifically PALADIN murloc and it only works because they can buff the health of their murlocs too high for priest clear cards to kill them. Yet you don’t see any priests whining about it.

1 Like

You said res priest has never been overpowered, which is why I mentioned that before the latest expansion it was literally tier 1. So what you just said is complete bullsh**.

Silence on its own is a very priest oriented mechanic, other than ironbeak owl a lot of classes don’t have anything that can silence. Not to mention ironbeak owl wont do well against 90% of other decks other than res priest. I run warlock decks, and warlock does really well against priest, I have like a 80% wr against priests. But I still feel the pain of every other deck who has to deal with your bs. Blizzard has to do something about this class.

1 Like

Did they say something about this rule before? I know I read it before here in these forums an the debate seemed legit, but it wasn’t my worry in that time.

Being tier 1 doesn’t make something overpowered either. It just makes it strong. It was never on the top, and it never had a huge winrate disparity between it and other tier 1 decks.

Well you don’t have to just add silence. Anything that messes with a priests res pool is going to screw them up. I mean I can’t tell you the number of times I grave runed an infiltrator and had 5 or 6 copies of it in my res pool, use a mass res and I get a polymophed sheep or a hexed frog or an albatross or my favorite is when I get like, the little fungal dudes warriors will throw at me (I forget what they’re called).

It’s a very poorly performing deck right now, there is nothing that needs to be done. What Blizzard should do is look at the lowest performing decks, figure out why they can’t compete, and BUFF THEM.

2 Likes

And shaman murlocs

Just to be clear… I like these nerfs no problem with it… just think priest needs nerfs too… and again not because it’s OP

Because I don’t want to play 30 m games Against a class that is run by gimmicks…

They have not, at my knowledge, explicitly said the duplicate rule applies once for any given card of a set until it works as if you already have the card currently.

However common knowledge should dictate of course this wouldn’t be a feature as it’s easily exploitable. It was a thing as soon as the first nerfs under the new rule happened.

2 Likes

That’s hyperbole. The longest my games ever run when I play priest is 12 minutes.

Unless of course my enemy is super slow like they think Hearthstone is rocket science so my timer tells me my turns have taken a cumulative time of three minutes but theirs have taken six because they don’t have the intelligence to plan their turn ahead of time.

3 Likes

DH was nerfed because it was still very powerful even with two sets of nerfs.

But You could say it was in the “benefit of fun” since it’s not fun losing to their decks.

Also crazy how this thread has turned into “when does get priest nerfed?”.

I feel Priest i’s the only strong control option in the game (in standard), yes the games are longer, but control games usually are. Hell and if you make it to 20 plus minutes then it means it was a good game. If you lose before hand - look for counters against the deck. There are plenty. This is a big reason for the lower win rate for res priest.

If it’s that bad for you. Concede. There are 9 other classes you can face. Heck I don’t even see resurrect priest that much because priest also has other deck archetypes.

Now back on topic:

I’m glad to see Paladin get a buff! Good nerfs in general. Nice work bringing the updates quickly blizzard.

4 Likes

Pretty good nerfs!.

Rogue and Spell druid will certainly get stronger as the aggro will decrease with Dh
But the priest will continue to be annoying and strong.

All in one… good nerfs, thumbs up! :raised_hands:

Thanks Cyclick to enlighten me. I have these two girls, who make copies of damaged minions in a “Control Warrior”, I crafted them.

And I also have the new draw spell in a “Dinomancy Hunter” and the other cards maybe I have them … I’m not sure.

This phenomenon certainly weights in my dust decisions.

Bloodsworn Mercenary will still be a good card, so don’t dust it. The effect remains and that’s what matters.

As far as Scavenger’s Ingenuity goes, it will still see a pretty good amount of play and it not being an Epic/Legendary means it probably isn’t worth the dust anyways.

I’m tempted to dust my Mercenaries but I’m gonna bite my tongue and keep them, as they are still powerful cards for Enrage and Egg Warrior, as well as the class as a whole.

And you are very welcome!

1 Like

Ok, dude. Like I said, just because you play priest doesn’t mean youre a strategic genius. Every game for res priest is literally a cod zombie game where they just have to survive enough rounds till the opponent loses all resources. Its a cowards’ man deck.

1 Like

So you found a joke thread I made months ago about priest vs priest and that somehow proves your point about priest in general?

lmao

3 Likes

yep, who the hell cares. priest should have a zero percent win rate