17.2.1 Patch Notes

17.2.1 Patch Notes

The 17.2.1 patch contains balance updates for 12 cards in Standard and bug fix for Ethereal Conjurer.

View Full Article

2 Likes

Looks like they hit all the problematic cards and with the right treatment aswell. Spot on!

7 Likes

Is there a reason why priest never gets nerfed, despite the levels of people complaining how unfun it is to play against ?

10 Likes

Paladin getting a 1 mana 1/3 is huge for their curve. It probably won’t singlehandedly make Libram Pally good, but it’s a huge step in the right direction.

6 Likes

I am a firm believer in praising Blizzard when they do right. And let me say, thank you so much.

These may be some of the BEST nerfs Blizzard has ever done, each being just about spot ON for the game. I cannot thank you guys enough for admitting fault in a way and fixing what needed to be fixed. Hitting things like BJS, Hanar, and Scavenger’s Ingenuity are also things nobody knew we really needed.

This is amazing, and great work from you guys. One of the best nerfs we’ve ever seen, and the buffs are great additions too. This is definitely going to make people who loathe Demon Hunter come back as their cards were nerfed to a point where they should be put in line.

I am a very happy man today. Great work, and thank you.

12 Likes

This is amazing! Thank you Dev team!

5 Likes

Personally think the priest infiltrator should of gone down from 2-6 to 2-4…
DH honesty was overhyped hated… wasn’t actually that good, not in diamond onwards anyway… it’s gonna be basically unplayable now because every minion it has is easily removable… priestess was the only minion they could play that was hard to remove.
Don’t care too much though I don’t play much DH just annoys me to this day that they HOF Microtek controller because it was “annoying” to some players (cough cough priest players) and yet refuse to adjust the annoyance of priest cards! Would of been nice if there was more paladin buffs… and most definitely more shaman buffs… and a hell lot more priest nerfs…

3 Likes

You can feel the butthurt in this post. It’s a good set of nerfs. Priest isn’t overpowered.

6 Likes

It’s not about OP it’s about it being The most annoying Thing to ever play against that’s why I compare it to Microcontroller Which they sacked because of “annoyance” (despite shaman not even being top tier at that time)
Infiltrator should not be able to kill off all the small minions that can’t finish him off because he has such high health value and then on top of that destroy another minion when he dies… it’s just stupid… his health should be lower

Again I don’t play as DH so it don’t make a difference to me much… However I love playing against DH I mostly win against those… unless using my Druid deck… DH really isn’t all that…

1 Like

That’s the reason … he is just unfun to play against … the class is not really that powerful.

It’s unfun playing against him 5 times in a row… that happens often… not that he’s hard to beat… I’m all for these nerfs just annoys me priest has avoided any one after the other ! Many people complain how unfun it is the play against priest nearly just as much as DH

2 Likes

Because it is not and never has been overpowered. It’s a Tier THREE deck.

Let that sink in. You’re complaining about a deck that doesn’t even have a 50 percent win rate. There are thirteen other deck archetypes that blow it out of the water.

6 Likes

Shaman was also low tier at the point of MIcrotek being HOF…, again not talking about OP here… talking about level of annoyance… don’t care if it’s tier 3 Still rather play Against any other tier 1 decks in comparison

And so in your opinion (because you don’t have the wherewithal to change to a non-aggro deck when seeing a lot of priests), priest should be nerfed so it has an even lower winrate, because who cares about priest players, only YOUR fun matters.

4 Likes

You don’t know what I’m playing mate… I play as mostly any class, didn’t they just nerf DH for the benefit of fun for the people?

Are you smoking crack? Before dh was introduced resurrect priest was literally tier 1. Res priest is the ultimate control deck with a bunch of board clears and stall minions like khartut, and convincing infiltrator. The only reason priest is tier 3 right now is because every other control deck is doing trash right now. With the aggro nerfs priest will return to tier 1, or high tier 2 by the least. Stop whining about priest hate, it’s the most hated class for a reason. Resing the same stall minions doesn’t make you skilled at the game.

5 Likes

I love the way rez priest players always go on about control decks and aggro decks because it makes them feel like they are strategically playing the game… just so you know one of my favorite current decks is a non meta self built quest warlock deck… I wouldn’t call that Aggro… but I still would like that priest nerf…

It’s not overpowered but is badly designed. Games vs priests should not last 30 minutes…I just wasted 2 hours of my life playing against 3 in a row. Priest deserves nerfs/rework for different reasons.

3 Likes

What does that have to do with anything? “Before DH was introduced” was also before rotation. There’s little evidence that DH had much to do with Priest’s drop in meta ranking, since even as DH becomes less common, Priest remains at tier 3.

4 Likes

I like the nerfs overall, I just wish rogue had gotten some sort of hit to their “draw 10 cards per game at 0 cost” mechanic, between their Galakrond and double usage of Heistbaron with Shadowstep. Maybe “reduce cost of cards by 2” or something.

I like the attempt to make Shaman stronger, I just don’t think there’s enough just because of how slow Shaman decks move right now. They had a good deck with their Galakrond deck and it got destroyed. (Not the first nerf that was needed when it was ridiculous, the second set that took it from a nice tier 2 deck to absolute garbage). Wish they would revert the second set of nerfs to their Galakrond package.

2 Likes