17.0.3 Arena Balance Update

Hey everyone,

We are currently deploying a hotfix (17.0.3) that will make some minor adjustments to card offering rates in Arena. These changes update the appearance rate of cards to ensure class balance remains close to the ideal 50% win-rate. Specifically, the win-rates of Demon Hunter and Priest should now decrease and the win-rates of the rest of the classes should now increase.

This hotfix will take place on the server side, so you will not have to download anything.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve only played arena a few times this xpac, but I could already tell DH and Priest were quite OP. I still have my unfinished Priest run with a deck that has 4 Holy Novas and lots of thief priest cards in it.

Happy that you are updating…

But More than a month later…Mana glitch remains on mobile. I hope this is addressed some day.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for this update! The Arena right now feels infinitely better than before!

I wanted to also ask if you could change the interaction of Demon Hunter’s Hero Power with Genn Greymane (no effect at all) and Blowtorch Saboteur (Hero Power costs 2 more, instead of 1, like any other class’) It seems quite unfair towards DH.

Thank you again for the concern with the Arena!

So is the appearance rate changed for just DH and priest? Or was the change to them more impactful than other classes?