16.2.4 Update Coming Tomorrow!

I just played a couple of games, and demons were on top in both of them, with soul juggler.

1 Like

Length doesn’t really matter, I’ve played games that have had bugs for over 4 years, but they were hard to reproduce and not enough development time to fix them.

Jef. I’ll bet I have more time playing the format than you do. Tirion at 3 would hurt him a lot, but he’d still be better than a lot of other heroes. Like stupid guy that only adds +1 attack to mechs. I just know that at 2 he’d still be super strong. I can not get any non tribe the 1st couple of turns with Tirion and still come back and win.

Moving king murloc to t4 and you ask if I just say whatever comes to my head? Murlocs are starting to own the format again now that demons aren’t killing them so quick. Half the games I play are divine shield/poison murloc winning again. You think murloc needs a boost? t3 adds +2 health… t4 adds +4/+4?

I just can’t believe everyone went all crazy about Demons and nobody seems to give a crap how incredibly overpowered Tirion is. He is the worst thing about playing BG now.

there’re so many bots wtf, so many accounts with only 1 post who suddenly appeared out of nowhere

[quote=“Ganesh-21931, post:61, topic:24425”]
demons were on top in both of them, with soul juggler.
[/quote

Yeah, to no ones surprise, the patch was worthless and Jugglers are still owning the mid game and completely making Murlocs and Beasts unplayable.

Really, is everyone else saying something else? Far as I can tell Demons are right where they were two days ago. Every single lobby comes down to Demons vs Mechs. You get less Demon vs Demon in the top four. But you always have Demons and Mechs in the top four.

So it’s pretty much exsactly the same as it was two days ago.

I think you forget something. Demons dont have anything like poison or divine shields. So they need stats more than any other build. I think delaying floating watcher is already a massiv thing. 2-4 Turns delay means ~10 missing demon buffs.

Anyone have info will BG be F2P when it comes out?
Or are they going to charge gold, which is time and/or real money?

The worst thing they could do is charge 150g per BG run, bc then its not a sustainable format on the regular.

Nice part of BG is it seems not-controllable prematch like a looked up decklist is, and it’s mulligan, and for most decks its like first 5 or so plays. That’s the attraction, it’s less beneficial to the internet pre-match, bc it’s dynamic starting right away, something we all wish Constructed had more of like it used to.

I don’t think anyone knows. That being said, if they charged for Battlegrounds, I would 100% be gone from Hearthstone. I’ve barely played standard for nearly six months, and I have next to no interest now. I play zero arena, and if they charged for a Battlegrounds it would be the final dagger.

1 Like

Which is exactly the problem, they fixed a problem that never really existed. Big piles of stats are countered by poison and to a lesser degree divine shield. Jugglers effectively hard counter poison by knocking Murlocs out before they ever get a consistent wall of poison, and popping shields. The problem is Jugglers who completely cut out Murlocs and Beasts.

1 Like

this wasnt on the known issues list

this is a mechanic change maybe not even that if they decided to add an inconsistency to the game
well have to wait and see if kirin tor mage still works the same vs loatheb making the secrets cost 0 or not

if it doesnt then they decided to change the mechanic and if the secrets still cost 0 then they made an exception just for those cards

2 Likes

“Probably”, lol.

It’s a BIG nerf.

Starting to agree with you guys. Tirion never gets less than 4th. He is definitely op.

He’s a lost cause. Remember when he wanted generated cards to show the cards to the opponent?

now daemons are useless. thanks for nothing. first you got rid of almgra, now ruined demons. you are making murlocs over powered now. can;t beat anyone who gets megasaur. stop it. almagra was the neutralizer to pois/shld/windfury murlocs and you ruined it. demons was a close second. now they are useless.

I don’t think this can be said enough, you guys did a truly awful job with this “fix”. Nothing has changed. Jugglers still guarantee you a top four spot. You did NOTHING to help Beasts and Murlocs, and you slightly helped Mechs by making big Demons harder to pull off.

Truly what were you thinking when you thought this was going to do anything. Don’t bring back the Ben Brode philosophy of don’t fix problems and tell everyone they need to find the unicorn deck/build that never exsisted.

I like, how the last two post are about demons now being useless and the fix having changed nothing. Ok, two different posters, so: guess it did a little bit?

1 Like

I think it’s fairly obvious that he tried to go big demons and lost. Big demons have, obviously, been hurt by moving Watchers tier. However, Jugglers, which were always the problem, still dominate the mid game completely pushing Murlocs and Beasts out of Battlegrounds altogether.

1 Like

doubt they are the problem like you claim

people posted pics of demon boards to ask for nerfs and it was always demon with very high stats

Absolutely true. The issue with big stat demons was that Jugglers in the mid game completely removed their counter which was poison Murlocs.

Jugglers make Murlocs a completely unplayable tribe because they can’t get enough health (without something like Shudderwock) to survive the mid game and get a decent build up of poison.

Without any poison, Demons just got bigger and bigger and by late game either switched out Jugglers for more big demons or used Jugglers to pop Divine Shield mechs.

So yeah by the end of the lobby what remains is a huge pile of Demon stats, but it was Jugglers dominating the mid game that made that possible.

1 Like