Announcing Battlegrounds Season 4!

Announcing Battlegrounds Season 4!

Battlegrounds Season 4 brings a new Hero, new mechanics, and over 55 new minions in a massive shakeup for the entire Battlegrounds mode!

View Full Article

4 Likes

Nice to see a big shakeup. Excited to play the new season!

1 Like

Why Silvername is not invited :smiling_face_with_tear:? I think he is quite a large streamer after all.

1 Like

So many changes are gonna be fun,but you should just invite Malisar in these tournaments instead of these KEKW streamers

Heeeeyyyyyy! They did the thing I’ve talked about for so long (Wish I could remember who first suggested the idea) and made Venomous!

It’s a shame this mode is still pay to win. As long as the 2 extra hero options are in the payed for version of the pass I refuse to help this mode out financially. Here’s to a future without predatory practices.

6 Likes

Stop removing buddies. The games dead without them.

1 Like

What will happen to e.t.c band manager if you remove buddies?

1 Like

pirates seem to have got borked
quillboar and mechs seem like they will be the ones to dominate

Malchezaar, Prince of Dance is doing the Killer Queen pose!

1 Like

I was wondering how they’d address Metaltooth Leaper and Pupbot given that the design philosophy of constructed dictates that they’d both be mech/beast dual type minions. Seems they haven’t done anything yet tho

1 Like

finally these freakin buddies will leave (hope they will leave forever), its the most unbalanced thing and even more punishement for free2play players …and also they are no fun

mechs looking super strong

2 Likes

I don’t… have a good feeling about this. Buddies were fun, this not only removes some of the fun, but adds too little back. No more boombox combos as engineer is taken out, Eliza gone… We’ll see. Not confident about this at all, will try free2play first, and see if it’s worth buying 2 extra slots.

Maybe he will be the only hero that can play buddies after patch. Like Denathrius can get quests after quests were removed.

1 Like

Im excited to see the new season…but still no rework of the damage system is a huge bummer…the damage system of battlegrounds is a huge problem, basically since release…and still nothing…instead of trying to balance it with armor (which doesnt really make a huge difference) a rework seems way better…if you ask me: every minion at the end of the battle counts as 1 point, golden minions count 3 points and the tavern tier counts as much as it says…maybe 30 health max and only the lowest two tiers of heroes get like 5 to 10 armor…this way everything is and feels way more balanced and fair…and you could be at least a bit strategic with how much damage you want to take…

This looks exciting. Some major changes happening - I like the new gimmick of buffing your hand.
I find it rather odd that pirates only get 1 tier 6 minion, however, when everyone else is getting 2-3 and some even 4.

Also, I always find it weird that dragons have such a focus on stuff happening on battlecries, but very few dragons have a battlecry.

The idea of demons focusing on dealing damage to yourself is cool, but when only one minion can do anything about that damage it just becomes a mandatory card which is a real shame.

Mechs seem like they will completely dominate everything.

I’ll be sad to see buddies go and not even be replaced by anything. I understand, however, that it might be difficult to keep something like that when you’re also trying to gauge the balance of all these new cards. I just hope you bring back buddies or quests soon as they really improve on the gameplay experience.

1 Like

Where’s my Lich Doctor? And Goldgrubber? And Infernal? So many key cards gone. And buddies were so great.

1 Like

How is the new Boogie Monster going to work after hitting a T6 minion? Does it stay on 6 or go all the way back down to 1?

As for the rest of the changes, not a big fan of losing Hogger and the Ripsnarl Captain change in pirates, love the poisonous change, and sad about minions losing Mega Windfury. The biggest thing I’m excited about is Drakkari Enchanter finally making it in. Thats a suggestion ive been saying since the OG Lightfang nerf.

Will ETC still be a playable hero after the buddies patch? I’m going to assume yes, kind of like how Denathrius is also still playable post quests.

All in all I think this is going to be a nice meta shake up. However, there are still a few toxic strategies that are still in that will be a pain to go up against, mainly Leapfrogger, Boombox, and Omega Buster.

Small changes would completely remove the Omega Buster combo, by removing Tunnel Blaster and adding Explosive Sheep, it stops the Omega Buster combo dead.

Lastly, is there any chance we could see Venomizer (or equivalent) come into the BGs?

MAybe because he win traded in BGs? Or am I thinking of someone else?

We don’t really need a rework more than we’ve had already. What needs to happen is balancing heroes. For example, the higher the MMR you have it seems the better the economy hero you need. If it isn’t an economy focused HP, then it MAY need a boost. For example, Ticketus’ ticket tier could use a boost with games not lasting as long as they did back during vanilla tickets.