100% rigged matchmaking!

Dude, the bite is and always has been…

People play the game. They face nothing but Mages, Warlocks and Shadow Priests… they put in Robes

Then they Face nothing but Warriors and Rogues

Then they put in an Ooze and face nothing but Druids and Priests

These are just a snippet of some of the crazy scenarios people have been posting FOR YEARS

Do you not read the forums?

Yes, yes, confirmation bias, /puke… I know it exists and is responsible for a LARGE portion of the reasons people are seeing what they are seeing.

But it doesn’t account for all of it. There is “something” beyond the MMR that we aren’t being told. Can I prove it? Maybe never. (do I care to? MEH, maybe, when I get time)

If I flip a quarter 100 times and get heads, it is statistically within reason for that to occur.

BUT IT WOULD BE PRETTY EFFING WEIRD?

RIGHT?

And you, in league with the dog owner, would say it never happened and I bit myself. Shill.

Definitely. That would be insane odds.

This is a bit of the problem, right here.

I don’t think anyone has denied that you or others have witnessed strange patterns in decks. That’s not anyone’s point here.

What people keep trying to explain to you is that you have taken coincidence and ascribed causality absent substantive evidence to support your conclusions.

I get skepticism, I do, but you’ve taken it past healthy and created a conspiracy out of whole cloth. Not only that, but you reject everyone who disagrees as part of the conspiracy by calling them names.

You’re looking paranoid and delusional when you act that way.

1 Like

It’s more that you’re saying 100% of people walking get bitten by dogs, but when you look at the numbers, it’s just a couple of people.

Maybe it is rigged against you? I confess that I have personally written code to mess with a specific player because it amused me :joy: (not here)

Possibly.

But what does it say about the deniers?

Remember : “The lady doth protest too much, methinks”

All I hear, on my end it “No, stats say no”

Me: “Can I see the stats?”

Them: “Ummm, yeah, HS Replay… ummm”

Me: “Mind posting a link? Maybe copy and paste something that could prove me wrong?”

Crickets Crickets Crickets

Me: “Hellooooo?”

What are YOU hiding? Maybe YOU GUYS are the paranoid ones because people are trying to pull that curtain back and expose the Wizard for the fraud he is…

It’s not anyone’s job to do your research though. Public data is public.

Also, burden of proof is yours here. If you think the status quo is wrong, you’re obligated to prove that point.

This is how discourse and science have worked for a very, very long time.

1 Like

I swear, I bi**ched out AT&T one day on the phone and an hour later my download speeds were in the toilet.

/rubs chin

And I get it, when you go looking for a pattern, you’re gonna find one.

Tell that to Galileo

Who brought proof…

I am open to the idea that there is more to the match than stated, but absent proof I won’t assert that there is factually something else going on.

2 Likes

The MMR finds people at your rank, and if you win few times in row, it jumps ahead to bring some one with higher MMR than yours. It was explained by Devs when they did introduce new system. It is no longer fight next and next person on rank, but instead tune up your games vs better players, for some people it looks fair, for others is not. I dont like this new system.

1 Like

The most reasonable statement regarding this topic I have seen in years.

…Please don’t just ignore my earlier post. You claimed you personally faced X mages in a row before swapping in robes and not seeing another. What was your decklist, what rank were these games at, and what cards did you swap out to put robes in? This is all information I need to know to test this for myself.

I made a deck earlier today with several win cons but not much to combat the current meta.

I’m currently 1 win and 19 losses. The win was a concede after opponent missed several turns to afk or disconnect.

When does the rigging kick in, as I’m hoping to get a win soon?

2 Likes

If I made it seem like it was an actual occurrence, I apologize.

I use hyperbole a lot to make a point, hoping people would be wise enough to pick up on it.

I GTG because I have a million things I have to do today.

You have to add a tech card against weapons and you won’t see any of those. If you add robes you won’t see mages and warlocks. IDK what is left, but if you add a tech card for that you should only face your own deck or something something blizzard takes all your money.

1 Like

not saying they are doingthis but still to answer the question as to why? my guess they give someone who paid them money recently a good matchup to make them feel good about their purchase!

why I guess that ? because activision actually applied for a patent to do exactly that!

That’s a good example of a scenario that wouldn’t show up in public data, unless you had a lot of $$ to run a controlled experiment.

I’m not sure it would make commercial sense, I reckon you’d be better off just telling your customers they get favourable odds for a donation.

Also many insiders would blow the whistle on that sort of activity, I know I would and most people are generally ethical.

4 Likes

Being matched with a disconnected player for a guarantied free win, after many loses, is thought by some to be a form of manipulation or riggery. (in your favor mind you)

Tbh they should have mmr based on what deck you’re using. You can hit legend with one deck and suck/have no practice with the other.

Every time I bring up the issue I brought up on this subject it never gets replied to with a logical counter argument. This thread is no exception. Think I’m batting 10 for 10 now at minimum.