The Rule of 🆒 turns to the Rule of uncool (NERFS)

In a previous interview Blizzard said they dint want to use big nerfs to balance out heroes and instead wanted to use a buffing strategy. The so called “Rule of Cool” PC gamer interview. Was barb so op they had to hit him with a chainsaw? Even Rob is panicking over these barb changes. WE all want parity with the heroes. What we dont want is what is happening and massive ups and downs for the heroes.

So my question and this thread is asking What happened to the “Rule of Cool”???

Please weigh in with your thoughts here.

Video / Interview → [‘The rule of cool’ is Blizzard’s solution to Diablo 4’s barbarian problem and it’s going to ‘juice up the other classes’ to compensate | PC Gamer]
https ://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/diablo-4-season-4-barbarian-class-balance-rule-of-cool/

19 Likes

D3 followed that path. It never became cool.

14 Likes

they think barb need to be nerfed so people can buy expansion and play spirit born. it’s all about money

5 Likes

S5 doesnt include spiritborn so that doesnt work.

Tbh, only way to make D4 cool is to massively nerf all classes.

8 Likes

What is this rule of cool. You just enjoy making sh1t up don’t you. They said they would try never apply huge nerf but even a blind man can see it was needed. Your post falls on deaf ears

4 Likes

Did you know it’s possible to nerf something by 10, 20% instead of 75-80%? Because that’s what they did to almost every single Barb key passive.

Barb do billions damage, this need to be tone down. As billion damage should not exist in the game.

12 Likes

I beg to differ. I actually don’t mind huge dmg numbers, in fact I adore them. I just think everyone should be able to do billions of dmg and not just barb

1 Like

And when Sorcs are doing billions of damage in season 5, I’m sure you will be demanding Blizzard nerf all their damage by at least 60% across the board as well, no?

2 Likes

doing billions of dmg is expected, I don’t think that is a problem. Barbs are doing trillion and just getting out of hand. Millions and billions of dmg is nothing, any meta can do that kind of dmg.

Barbs will be lucky to be break millions if the set nerfs go through so lmao

1 Like

then you guys will be brought back up to speed in mid season patch. Millions and billions of dmg is the norm now. Don’t sweat it…

But why do that when they should instead have nerfed them by 90%+

Yes.

No build should be able to break 100,000 tbh.

4 Likes

My simple answer is that I don’t think the devs have any idea how to balance properly. Some things need nerfs. Some things need buffs. Neither one of them usually make sense. Its either way too overboard or way too little. Here is a 75% loss in this skill. Here is a 2% buff to basic skills.

We are a year+ in the game. At this point classes and interclasses should be getting minor tweaks either direction. Instead we get chainsaw here, sledgehammer there. Then they might actually do a minor tweak like 2% buff to something that was so bad it needed like 200% buff.

Swing meta needs to go. All skills should feel good to play and be within 10% of each other. The type of balancing they are doing a year+ into the game is what I expect in an alpha. Not a game thats launched… much less a year+ later.

They make it even harder on themselves by completely reworking dmg systems like crit/vuln/overpower. That didn’t even need it. All that was needed was giving better access to vuln to builds that didnt have it. I liked the gear chase back then better than what we have even now. Instead they did this change and made gear super boring so they then rework gear and add two new systems creating even more imbalance. Now they are throwing a ton of new gear at us and reworking ALL uniques. Like FFS man get the balance in a good state first.

11 Likes

Not sure if you are serious or just trying to be funny but, I disagree with all your take LOL.

I think doing millions and billions of dmg should be the norm at end game for every class. Trillions might be a little too much but ask, who doesn’t like to see big D%%$X DPS numbers popping on their screen ? that shows how powerful you are as your power fantasy is being fulfilled.

3 Likes

He is serious. He wants this game to be tedious and boring and more souls like. He playing wrong game catergory.

LOL… oh man… maybe he should go back to Elden ring,… I don’t know, arpg is def not the right genre for him.

1 Like

Don’t be so naive. Rob is a showman; he knows how to get them clicks and it’s working. We don’t know the full picture yet. Since uniques etc are being reworked (from what we saw on the PTR) and those changes have not yet been announced to a large degree, more is coming.

I suspect we’ll see a few sweet build defining items that will give us some more power and with the nerf we’ll still be A OK! You will be able to finish your battle pass just fine and do all content needed to do so.

Blizzard said they wanted us to use 2-4 unique pieces of gear in our builds, so that means a rework, and the results of that will be revealed very soon.

2 Likes

Definitely will do, as Blizzard will just raise the HP of mobs to ten of trillions when everyone is doing billion damage so keep the same grind level for all content. It just float my screen with numbers and cause lag to game play. I am not interested in Billion damage number as this is not a Trump developed game :rofl:

1 Like