Seasonal resets must be gone

Why is it doubtful? Lots of people bought lots of games and aren’t playing them. Why should Diablo IV be any different?

Certainly not. The reset is exactly the motivation. New season = reset. That’s the definition of a season.

Play eternal realm, if you don’t like the resets.

3 Likes

You’re playing the wrong game kiddo. This is how RPG’s work… You won’t convince anyone of this, Eternal is dead and always will be.

2 Likes

Your right about Eternal, I wouldn’t be caught dead in that gameplay. Not that theirs anything wrong with Eternal. It’s just not for me.

there could also be over a million people on bnet. but lets play a numbers game.

steam high was 28k and that was during a free trial period

easter weekend had a high of 7k people online. that is a 25% retention rate to the high.

so if we look at those over 10mil copies sold and say 25% retention would be like 2.5mil?

much better guess than 100. because your 100 is a guess based on feelings. and the 2.5m gues is based on actual information

All I see is: “Don’t let Eternal realm have the same content as 3-month-reset realm, because I want other players to suffer with me in the 3-month-reset realm.”

Also, “Go play another game” seems to some sort of reverse psychology which translates to: “Please don’t leave.”

These guys who defend Seasons in the current state know very well, that their realm would become dead if it was possible to play seasonal content in Eternal realm.

We already got rid of the Altar of Lilith and Renown grind: 💥 Its official, WE NEED TO DO MAX RENOWN FOR PARAGON POINTS EVERY SEASON

2 Likes

Do you honestly think that if they had a 25% retention rate they would be scrambling to change the game in ways to get people to return?

1 Like

They arnt scrambling but they are trying to keep casual bob logging in each season to buy tgere battlepass.

Even at 25% , after 1 year that is amazing retention.

OP is accomplishing absolutely nothing lol.

Seasons are the game. The game is seasons.

The sooner people realize this. The happier they will be.

It has been stated ad nauseam that this is a game about seasons but for some insane reason… some people still don’t understand.

3 Likes

Yeah, okay. I guess you haven’t been paying attention to the Campfire Chats and the results from them.

It is because the focus on seasons when the game is half-finished means that it is going to end up a failed game. People want the game to be good, and seasons are a shackle hilding the game back.

1 Like

You mean a handful of people wish this game was something it is not, nor ever will be.
I knew exactly what I was buying when I purchased this game.

And I am happy with its current direction.

Have you checked out the PTR?

3 Likes

Ifit was just a “handful of people”, then they wouldn’t be trying to change the game to appease them.

Yes. While it changes the itemization, it doesn’t fix the overall game. You are still going through the same content that never changes, and you still have the same lack of character progression. I am of the opinion that the itemization changes are not the real problem with the game that needs to fixed first. We will see if the other issues get addressed in a timely manner.

1 Like

They are not changing though. Seasons are here to stay. No change there and this is what this thread is about unless I’m mistaken.

2 Likes

Your right in the sense that the karens have spoken demanding a D3 mobile game. Devs discounted D3s effect from ultra casuals who only want 8 hours of gameplay per season.

Myself, I am not against the seasonal gameplay mode at all, as long as the eternal game gets the same sort of treatment. What I do think is that they should be focusing on fixing the game before worrying about seasons.

Myself, I have been arguing for seasonal mechanics to be included into eternal in a way that adds more content to eternal to give more options for the eternal player to do. It will give a little help to the lack of variety in content that is there currently, and at least with enough content there, the feelings of monontony might be curbed a bit.

2 Likes

Well, if there are enough “Karens” asking for that to influence their decisions, then I guess that is where the game is going. That is not what I want to see myself.

1 Like

Fair enough. I kind of see the Eternal Realm as where our toons go to “rest” lol.
I do agree it needs some serious love. Otherwise it is just that, a graveyard.

1 Like

Yep, and this is why we cant have a arpg from blizzard that isnt a mobile clicker. If it wasnt for uber farming i would have been done with S3 in a week.

They are stripping the grind out of an arpg which is turning it into an arcade game. At least the crafting system is decent.

There is nothing inherently wrong with “grind”, however the way that Diablo IV is set up, it doesn’t facilitate the repetitive nature of the genre. It is why people feel “the grind” more than “the fun” of doing it. “The fun” is missing.

2 Likes