💥 Its official, WE NEED TO DO MAX RENOWN FOR PARAGON POINTS EVERY SEASON

I have talked to several people and seen countless posts on this forum and Reddit saying they wont play Seasons if we need to get all tiers of Renown to get the Paragon Points.
I will give them one chance since they don’t seem to understand what bad move this is. If it persist for season 2, im out.

What do you think?

EDIT:
Even if you start with a small amount of Renown from Lilith Altars and Map discovery in Seasons doesn’t change the fact that you need all tiers of Renown to get the Paragon Points rewarded. Stop acting like this somehow makes it all ok and that this makes it good that we need to do an MMO mechanic repeatedly with Seasons in an ARPG!

EDIT 2:
Since this gets brought up again and again from people not watching the whole stream. Listen from 1:41:00 here:

EDIT3: Thank you to all people who contributed to make the Renown grind change. Season 2 will no longer have do-over Renown grind. :+1:

206 Likes

Looks like I may do Season 1 and then that is it for me I will be done.

104 Likes

This is a terrible decision.

I’m not doing that crap again.

161 Likes

I already got the pass from Ultimate but if renown doesn’t FULLY transfer over from Season 2 onward im gone.

64 Likes

Yeah, no thanks on that. Also why is it going to take multiple seasons to get basic QoL features?

86 Likes

I think F this S and POE2 can’t release soon enough.

59 Likes

Idc about the renown for paragon. The key thing is we won’t have to do the tedious small things like exploring and altars. Dungeons and quests are relatively quick in comparison.

18 Likes

but you’ll happily unlock june crafts and do the story again every 3 months? or do you have no idea?

6 Likes

I’ll probably just do the Season until I get what I want from it, then switch back to my Eternal characters.

6 Likes

Not grinding that crap every season

48 Likes

Devs so out of touch it’s unreal, this is horrible

95 Likes

I did max renown for 3 of the zones and stopped after that. It is a slog and anti-fun for sure so I believe anyone who says they’re not going to do it again.

30 Likes

holy crap, gonna through up doing that every season. haha, they literally keeping the most boring part of the game and double down on it.

19 Likes

I have no idea, but is it going to be worst than renown?

Awful decision on their part.

7 Likes

We are getting renown from maps and altars. Better than nothing :stuck_out_tongue: .

2 Likes

Yeah that is dumb. HEY DO OUR CONTENT GUYS SEE WHAT WE MADE OR ELSE!

3 Likes

you dont have to do the FULL renown farm. they are basically fronting you the first 2 tiers. you’ll get it easily by grabbing way points and doing the dungeons you’re already goin to be doing…like…what?

24 Likes

It might not be as bad as you think. If you skip the campaign and level doing the zone dungeons only, plus the strongholds, which are pretty fun anyway, that should get you most of the renown and maybe have to do a few side quests. They said map reveal and altars of lilith you find in eternal realm count toward your renown, which are tedious to do. Or did I hear that wrong about the altars/map reveal.

4 Likes

While I’d prefer to not have to do renown at all, season 1 will start as kind of a middle ground. You get all your discovery xp and altar xp automatically, so you then just have to do all the strongholds and then it’s like 10-15 quests and dungeons in each area to finish it I think. Not ideal, but maybe by S2 they’ll back off more of it.

I’m hoping eventually codex unlocks and dungeon completions just stay done.

edit: oh and we have to re-gather the wps, which I’m not a fan of, but at least they’re on the map…

4 Likes