Season 4+ updates ruined game Stability Horrifically for Hundreds of players

I’m having less issue without the HD texures for some reasons. But its still not that. Yeah, you’re right that must be something between those timelines. Problem is that they will add even more stuff in next patches (Season 5 and 6 + Vessel release) so if they don’t fix it by then it might get worse (and impact even more people like the memory leak when the game launched). On my older computer I did have a crash / PC reboot but I’m not sure if its due to the game since there was an electrical instability due to storm at the moment. Since I’m planing holidays now I’m not sure I’ll manage to verify if its somewhat hardware related (since 2 different machines) or not until I come back.

1 Like

ARE YOU GUYS LOOKING AT THE FOURMS??

Hundreds of people are having this issue, so How can it be my side!

I have gone thru the steps on article and what you guys have sent me! I am replacing my router and my pc. I get the same ANSWER EVERY TIME FOR ALL OF YOU! I want this BUMPED up to a supervisor!

READ YOUR FOURMS BLEOW LINKS! READ IT NOW BLIZZARD!

1 Like

I have the same issue, crashes every minute. I tried to update the GTX 4090 driver and BIOS firmware but still the same.

if you look at some of my post, they say blizzard support don’t even comminate with blizzard or the devs, so it a brick wall with support, they dont talk to each side, wtf??

ya its a joke

I did a ticket about 3 weeks ago and got told to figure out by myself and bring my pc to a repair shop
Blizz is a clown fest

So far I discovered as well that for some reasons watching twitch on Brave browser make my PC crash but only when playing Diablo 4. If I watch it on Edge, no issue so far. (Weird) I still don’t have a clue why. (Its not hardware accelaration because I tried both enabled and disabled.) I didn’t crashed yesterday while testing those things otherwise, so will keep trying today and see if I can reproduce the issue (activating FSR. Will try DLSS from my other computer when I’ll be back.) If ever you notice something cause the issue more often (or less) don’t hesitate to tell.

For me this goes back even farther than the last update on 5/16. I’ve been experiencing the disconnects since the Chinese New Year event ended in February. I was keeping track of the disconnects and crashes in another post but stopped as I was spending more time updating that post than I was playing the game. I sometimes can play an hour or two without any problems then the game crashes or just disconnects. There have been no rhyme or reason to the crashes or disconnects, they just happen randomly. At first it was during nightmare dungeons then it was gating between cities. Now it just seems more random. Another player running through or just wondering around and suddenly the client disconnects.

I’m running Windows 11 on an 12th generation Intel i5 with 16G of RAM a NVidia GTX 1650 Super. I know it’s not the most powerful PC but before the Chinese New Year event there were no problems with the game. I made sure all drivers were up to date and of course they were. And yes, all of the stability updates have done nothing to fix the problem.

*Edit

Played the game for about 1 1/2 hours no problems but when I tried to enter a dungeon the game crashed without warning. The following is the error code that was given with the window to put in what I was doing when the crash occurred.

42FE3797-856B-4703-B382-D037C7AF1303

A second crash occurred just after completing Act 1 and moving on to Act 2. Had just finished the Lilith and Donan cut scene when the crash occurred. The following is the crash code.

38D343FB-6FA0-4570-AB1E-DDE872535263

This is the other post that I had created starting in February. I thought it best to link the two posts.

*Edit

I thought I might have found something that may have been causing the issues with the disconnects and crashes. The Dell SupportAssist App seemed to be taking up a lot of system resources slowing everything down. I disabled it and everything including Diablo seemed to work better. Unfortunately, after an hour of playing I had a disconnect after the cut scene when defeating Airidah. I had to go back and fight her again to continue on. There was no crash code to reference but I did get the 395002 error code and it took almost two minutes to re-enter the game.

*Edit

Monday I was able to play the game for 3 hours with no crashes or disconnects. I didn’t realize I had played for that long without any issues until I looked at the time. Today, after the latest update, I got one disconnect inside of 10 minutes of playing the game. Thankfully that was the only one I had in the hour that I played. There was no error code just a disconnect.

*Edit

Well, played 3 hours today and was able to play without any disconnects or crashes but ironically the game crashed as I was exiting the game. Here’s the crash code,

93D60F24-464B-4609-9299-A87F035B9475

*Edit

Played a little over 2 hours there was a crash at the start when the load screen took too long but it took me back to the character select screen. Then a disconnect right after reloading the game when I tried to travel to another city. And then a crash as I was exiting the game. I’m guessing this is the new problem. Same issue as yesterday different crash code though.

D188A813-E2F7-40AD-97D4-B0DCC005CE99

*Edit

I had one disconnect within the first 10 minutes of game play. Clicking on NPC to hear what they had toa say then tried to travel to another city and the game disconnected. No error code just a disconnect. Then had another disconnect why battling in Caldeum. I was just about to fight the final boss when the game stopped responding it then started to respond and then finally disconnected. Again, no error code just a disconnect.

*Edit

Today I played for almost 4.5 hours with no disconnects or crashes. I was able to complete ACT V and even the colors and definition was much better. I did what UchihaMadara suggested and disabled crossplay and that seems to be where the conflicts are coming from, at least for today. I’ll still wait and see if there are multiple days of not crashing or disconnecting before saying that was really causing the problems I was having. But I have to say thank you to UchihaMadara for the suggestion of turning off crossplay. The only downside is there are a lot less players in the game but if crossplay is the issue then Blizzard needs to look at how the cross-platform servers are communicating with each other to prevent the crashes and disconnects.

*Edit

Well, unfortunately disabling crossplay wasn’t the answer for me at least. On Wednesday, I had 2 disconnects while gating to the Tree of Whispers and then again to the Iron Wolves camp. This occurred within the first 5 minutes of starting the game. Also, had a major slow down and rendering issues when I joined a large group fighting a boss in a hell tide event. The rendering issue cleared up pretty quickly though. I didn’t have any other issues the entire 2.5 hours I played so the 2 disconnects might have been a fluke.

*Edit

Blizzard, I think I speak for all of the player community when I say thank you for the free stuff, but we would really like a game that was free of stability issues over free cosmetics.

Today was a bad day for the game. I had 3 disconnect within 15 minutes one during a battle where I was surrounded and that got me killed and two while travelling. I didn’t know until I went to the blacksmith to salvage items and found that all my gear was damaged. There were 3 other disconnects, one when I was finishing up a dungeon that caused me to have to start the dungeon from the beginning. None of the disconnects were accompanied by an error code.

*Edit

Well, another day and 2 more crashes. Both crashes were during the Hell Tide event, and one got me killed. I had just finished killing a ton of demons got to the next area that had a lot of demons started an event then the game stopped responding I was surrounded by creatures I was able to move my character away hoping that I wouldn’t die but that wasn’t the case. When I was able to log back in 5 minutes later the event ended and all my gear was damaged. There was the 395002 error code for that one.

*Edit

Well, this is just hilarious, just downloaded the update to get the pet, finished the quest and picked up my pet. Went to the store to look at the expansion pack, exited the store then the game and you guessed it, it crashed. Here is the crash code,

544ADD10-FA43-4840-A356-323DBA9730CC

*Edit

OK, this is getting to be a bit much. The game is just too unstable now. I had a disconnect within 5 minutes of playing the game, no crash code. Then during the Helltide event when a boss shows up with its minions the game stopped responding and crashed. It took 5 minutes to get back into the game and all my gear was damaged, I was killed. Then there were 2 more disconnects during the same Helltide event while killing standard enemies. Then finally giving up on the game, exit the game and it crashed for the second time.

Crash codes are

During Helltide event causing character death,
EE371E9B-2A65-42DD-A835-41F67DFE8BCC

Exiting the game,
11E16310-D75D-4F16-9809-FBB771BEF101

*Edit

This had to be the strangest bit of events to date. Entered the game several hours after the planned maintenance went to the shop to claim the anniversary gifts from yesterday and today. The shop had an error, unable to distribute, the shop was just greyed out. Exited the game fully, closed anything related to Blizzard reentered the game and the shop was fine. Claimed my gifts and went to a city with wardrobe. Experienced a disconnect, not surprised. Tried to reenter the game and had another disconnect with the following error,

The Player has been Disconnected. Please Reconnect (Code 300001)

Exited everything again and reconnected. Got to a city with a wardrobe changed the cosmetic on the item and tried to do the same with the mount but had a disconnect again. Reentered the game changed the mount cosmetic and proceeded to play for 3 hours with no problems. Then when trying to use a waypoint to another city after visiting the Tree of Whispers and getting rid of any gear that I didn’t need I kept rematerializing in the Tree of Whispers area. Tried to go to different locations same results. Gave up and decided to quit for the day the game crashed and exited. It did give me a crash code though.

E0BCF5E8-8233-4844-49E2958D1607

*Edit

There were two disconnects within five minutes of entering the game. One where the game stopped responding during a Helltide Event and one where I was just fighting enemies. The one that occurred, when the game stopped responding caused me to die. The other one was a normal disconnect with no error code. Then a crash when I was exiting the game.

Game non-responsive error code causing death was 395002

Error code while exiting the game 34F5182B-CEA6-4144-B47A-2AF4735152C0

There was also a huge slow down with the game where moving was extremely slow and even in the item storage moving gear from one slot to another was impossible. Had to exit the game and restart it to fix it.

*Edit

Well, only had one disconnect starting the game. Of course, this was while using a waypoint to travel from one city to another. I even waited 2 minutes before I tried to do anything. There was no accompanying error code. Then as I was exiting the game it crashed, as seems to be the new issue. Leave the game, the game crashes. There was an error code for this though.

722540B2-8D4A-4A49-BB6E-5F9C632F818C

*Edit

Just went on quickly to change a cosmetic and had a disconnect without error code, not even five minutes into the game. Then exited the game after changing the cosmetic on the helm and the game made it to the character selection the crashed with an error code.

A2A45D68-34FA-459D-A6B1-03CC9456B969

*Edit

There were two disconnects while doing waypoint travelling. There were no error codes just the disconnects and they both occurred within the first 5 minutes of the game. There were a couple of rubber banding issues but that has always been an issue with multiple versions of Diablo. I was only on for about 1 hour so there really wasn’t any time for a lot of issues to occur.

*Edit

Today was a good day for Diablo. After the first attempt at waypoint travelling at the beginning of game play that was the only disconnect and there were no crashes. I played for about 2 hours and the only issue was with rubber banding. Although, it did make me use dash when I didn’t want to because I didn’t think it worked the first time.

*Edit

One good day followed by bad. Entered the game, it was a little slower than normal, but seemed ok. Did a couple of things before heading out to fight. Tried to waypoint travel to where the Hell Tide event was and a disconnect occurred without an error code. Got back right in without a problem. Was able to fight throughout the Hell Tide event no problems other than a bit of rubber banding. Then while I was fighting enemies outside of Hell Tide, walked to an area with a lot of enemies and the game froze. I was not surrounded and just kept firing until the game disconnected. No error code and no crash just a typical disconnect. Reentered the game to find I had killed some of the enemies and did not die. After playing for about 2 hours decided to exit the game. Before leaving Diablo entirely went to the store looked around for a bit then exited the store and the game crashed with an error code.

9FAF328C-4CA3-454B-A25C-3C76AA45778E

*Edit

I found this post today by a Community Manager about the Holy Bolt Elixir was causing the game to crash but they already have a fix ready and are going to address it after the 19th. I was going to make a comment on it and link this post, but it seems like they’ve turned off the ability to comment and the community manager’s public profile is hidden so there is no way to point him to this post. Here’s the post,

Holy Bolt Elixir Power Disabled - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

*Edit

Played Diablo at two different times to see if the crash problem would occur. Once at 2:00AM and again at 3:00PM. There wasn’t an issue with crashing at the 2AM time but there was a disconnect when I travelled the first time and rubber banding. The 3PM time there were two disconnects and one crash. The crash occurred when I was reentering the game after a disconnect. There was also some really bad rubber banding when I first entered the game just walking around killing normal enemies. Here is the crash code,

E5F3822C-DD84-461D-B277-BB3E44475CFA

*Edit

Had two disconnects and one crash today. The first disconnect occurred as usual when trying to use waypoint travelling for the first time entering the game. Then a crash when reentering the game. The second disconnect was during a Helltide Event after killing a few Blood Ravens and I got rid of items that I didn’t need. I tried to use a waypoint to get back into the event, but it wouldn’t let me. This disconnect also held me at the character select screen for about five minutes stating that it needed time to save my character.

Crash error code, CE84A60F-9AE4-454E-BAD6-9FFE4DAEC653

Disconnect error code preventing reentering the game 395002

*Edit

I read in another post that closing the launcher would help with disconnects and crashes, so I tried it today. I launched the game as it was starting up, I closed the launcher. I tried travelling via waypoint and got my first disconnect. Reconnected to the game and traveled a second time via waypoint and got my second disconnect. Then exited the game after about 1 1/2 hours and the game crashed. I guess having the launcher open while playing isn’t the cause of the disconnects and crashes. There were no error codes for the disconnects. Although, I do have to say there was no lag or rubber banding with the launcher closed. So, there might be a correlation there, but I have to try it again to see.

Error code for the crash exiting the game, 0676098B-0E01-4EED-9B38-B83EB7C05C2B

*Edit

Well, where to begin? This was by far one of the worst days for me in Diablo. I had at least 12 disconnects, honestly there were so many I stopped counting. One occurred of course when I tried to waypoint travel for the first time and again waypoint travelling when reentering the game. Entering an event area there were no enemies I just walked around waiting for them to show up nothing just a disconnect. During a Helltide Event fighting enemies and the thing that comes up out of the ground spitting up more caused a disconnect. Also, in the same Helltide fighting a hoard was down to just two elite enemies, the game stops responding and disconnect, on and on. The was one thing that I noticed though four of the disconnects occurred while I was using the Holy Bolt Elixer. That was supposed to have been fixed during the last maintenance window. During one of the disconnects the game crashed, no crash code. The screen just read connecting to Diablo services. Then finally just giving up exited the game and the game crashed again. This time with a crash code.

907CB00C-5065-4DAD-8B37-94B1E3F36488

*Edit

For once there was no disconnect when I tried to waypoint travel the first or second try but then I had three disconnects within 10 minutes about 45 minutes of game play. Then had a crash that did not have a crash code. I do have to say though it was a better day for Diablo after yesterday. I only played for about 1 1/2 hours, but the server today seemed a lot better. I was able to fight with multiple players against a Blood Raven with no problems and fighting large hordes of enemies was relatively trouble free. Although, there was a couple of rubber banding issues and delays that almost got me killed.

*Edit

Only had one disconnect today and that was on the second time I tried to waypoint travel. I was able to make it through a nightmare dungeon fine. Probably the best day in Diablo in a while. I did get a crash when I was exiting the game.

*Edit

Today was a really good day for Diablo. There were no disconnects while playing and only a couple of freezes that didn’t do any damage to me. There was only one crash and that was when I was exiting the game.

FD7DC0BA-EA9C-4D30-9871-0AE167C5E6A0

Is there no update from the devs? this is so bad. AAA game my butt. lol

Minix101, no there has not been anything from devs or game support in this post. I had an earlier one that didn’t get any response either.

I’ve had the same issues. I’ve never had so much freezing and lag with this game. I can’t believe there are still so many crashing problems either, a year after realease. It makes it so hard to even want to play the game anymore. I’m probably done with it.

1 Like

EpicMistborn, I agree that there are way too much freezing and lags. I tried closing the launcher after starting the game and that seemed to get rid of the freezing and lags but did nothing for the crashing and disconnects. It’s too bad because this season is pretty good with the enhanced Helltide Events. I hope they do something soon; I usually buy the expansion packs early but I’m not sure this time.

Not only that but it’s an effort in futility to find a way (for me at least) to create a support ticket. When did this all spiral out of control, when activision took over?
It’s like an endless loop of BS to try to get a ticket made

So here’s a serious question - since the devs don’t care and tech support…isn’t, when do we all take this a step up and go file complaints to the BBB?
If nobody is listening here, let’s find someone who will listen - and if just 20 people file complaints about not being able to play a game WE PAID FOR AND WERE ABLE TO PLAY BEFORE THE UPDATES, then someone in the leather chairs might start to listen.
At this point I want my money back for everything I’ve paid for.

EDIT: Forget waiting, I’ve started a BBB complaint for Blizzard’s failure to remedy a software issue on THEIR side.
I suggest anyone reading this to do the same. If the company won’t listen to us here, they’ll listen to government oversight by an entity that can’t be ignored.
Screw Blizzard.

I made my complaint as well. There are over 1000 negative reviews of Activision Blizzard. It seems like they just don’t care as long as people buy their games.

1 Like

where do i make a complain or whats the BBB? lol

Andre32 the BBB is the Better Business Bureau in the US. You if you google it you will get the one for your area.

Still broken here. Can play all other games for hours on end.

ChronicBint, yeah, the game is still broken. I can play it but there are tons of disconnects and crashes. Some days are better than others but yeah still broken.

Turning off-crossplay helped a lot, but freeze/crashes are still a thing, mostly during Helltides or any open-world events, when other players are “generated” it would seem.
I steer away from the blood-maiden at all time and it does make a difference on the issues frequency.

I was planning to play hardcore, but loosing 2 characters in world tier 2 due to crashes is shattering my hopes.

I don’t recall crashes being so invasive a year ago march->july '23, it was mostly a ton of rubber-banding, what happened !? :confused:
For PC users, does having a better RIG actually fix all that ??

LaHire, for me this started in February after the Chinese New Year event. I don’t think having a better computer will help. I’ve seen post of people with all high-end equipment having the same issues. I turned all cross play off for a while but that didn’t seem to have any affect, so I turned it back on. The problem is on their end, but they would rather blame it on the players equipment.