Remove respec costs!

We absolutely must be able to respec for free at any time. Starting a new character just to try a new build because respec cost is too high is incredibly bad and will only lead to lack of build diversity.

D4 has great build diversity potential and sadly the respec costs won’t let us explore those builds. Everybody will look up the most OP build and copy it because the skill trees are huge and coming up with your own unique build will simply be too costly. If you make a mistake you are punished for it. If the tree systems were simple and lacked diversity then it makes more sense, but they are not.

Legendary powers allow us to experiment with many builds and make them unique and the respec costs prevent us from that. I know i will be looking the most OP build for every class and stick to it probably forever because i don’t want to experiment, mess up, and be forced to start all over again.

So much for build diversity. High respec costs completely destroy build diversity and discourage us from experimenting with new builds. Please remove respec costs!!!

2 Likes

Go to one of the many other threads already discussing this.

1 Like

No, i want them to see as many threads about this as possible so they can remove this nonsense thing. It’s so sad i won’t be able to explore many builds in this game that is designed for build diversity. I’ll ignore many legendary powers because i will be punished for trying a new build that may not work out or maybe i do not enjoy. Truly sad.

1 Like

Alright, flagging for spam then.

1 Like

Oh sťfu, the respec cost will be maybe 100k in gold when you’ve maxed the skill tree, if you’re that broke, go play some more

4 Likes

AGREED! ALL RESPEC in the non season mode should be free! This is just a fun mode anyway and after seasons start totally useless OTHER THAN TO TEST STUFF… SMH. Sad how limited the Devs thinking is on so many issues. THANK GOD the community is amazing and the Devs at least listen to issues rather than ignore then and just act like their game version does not suck.

1 Like

It will be more than that, especially for paragon. From last I heard. they dont have a cap on the amount of money for talent trees, which means the cost just keeps rising after each respec. Which if so… that needs to go.

1 Like

Again, GO PLAY MORE. At no point in any diablo game has gold been a bottleneck for anything.
Also, just how often do you think you’ll be respeccing ???

Someones cheerio’s was pissed in this morning.

1. Guess you just find one build and stick with it forever.
  2. You know meta is gonna change each season right?
  3. You ever hear of people that make builds? That dont follow what some youtuber says? Yeah I’m one of those people that tests, and crafts.
  4. To be able to get to a point where it could cost 3+ million for 1 tree respect is ludicrous. So yes an ACTUAL cap of how much respecs cost needs to be implemented.
  5. Learn to read, and comprehend.

Side note. this is my 666 post. WOOT I made it to Hell.

1 Like

Just farm gold… all the paragon screenshots i’ve seen the player had 4,5,6 millions gold… it’s gonna be like d3 and we’ll end up having 40 bilions of gold and it won’t mean sh*t. People need to stop worry about every small little thing.

2 Likes

No it shouldnt be free. If you want Diablo 3, play Diablo 3. Or just farm the gold if you want a respec.

2 Likes

You really need to stop posting BS… i mean really.

At level 70 the respec cost for just abilities is over 700,000 gold. This doesnt include paragon boards. The paragon boards were like 14k per node to remove. The price goes up every level.

The last time i did a major respec at around level 74 going from a pulverize build to a stormwolf build it cost a bit over 8 million gold when factoring in aspect changes, new gear upgrades and affix rerolls.

Now i will premise this that now im in my 90’s and sitting currently on 87 million gold. So even with inflation of price do to level i could easily afford to do a complete repec.

What i couldn’t do is repec repeatedly. This is exactly what blizzard intended. The cost of minor build changes are easily affordable. Total repecs while do able they aren’t do able repeatedly in a short time frame.

I feel a good solution is blizzard implementing a arena where you have different target dummies. Boss, elites, group etc. In this arena you can move points around for free. This will allow you to test builds before committing. If you leave the arena you get a option to keep current build or reset back to original if you chose to keep current build it then charges you for the points you have spent.

1 Like