Predict the Melted Heart of Selig NERF NERF! 🤔

is it not the point of uber uniques?

it is supposed to break the game, wow the crap out of you.

remember we are not supposed to actually have this many uber boss mats floating around

i stopped farming mats now because it is extremely boring, repetitive and tedious work, I started selling rare items for gold, and use said gold to purchase mats…ive got hundreds of eggs and shards now without actually doing any of those stupid farming.

I am several hundred runs deep, approaching 800 i think, no shako…

So next season if they somehow fixed the duping issue, we are not gonna have this many mats floating around anymore, people like me this season will have to start farming and if they dont increase the drop rate, and the uniques dont even break the game for me, i really dont have any reasons to farm them…

no an uber unique is not supposed to break the game and enable god mode. lol

yes they are supposed to be powerful but what this one can currently do is stupid. the fact you dont get that is funny.

the crap out of you lol

There is some truth to the scenario of killing things too fast for them to kill you, which is also a form of immortality.

I made a barb just to see what they were about, I cant stand them but barb players are always complaining about sorcs being OP. I did go with a custom HOTA that I like on Moba community builds. One shots whole packs of everything. Ridiculous. 3 shots Duriel at lvl 85. People might say well sure if you play HOTA… Thing is not all sorcs play ball lightning, either. I saw a fireball sorc in blood area this morning just clearing whole fields of mobs. I’m sure there are barbs doing well with other builds, too.

If you do enough damage there’s no need to be immortal. Nothing in game kills you consistently enough to be uncompleteable as long as you don’t let it hang around too long.

Can’t even keep your argument coherent within a single post. Everyone can use these, because no one is locked out of any build. Getting items that give you a reason to make a new character around them is a central tenet of ARPG design. There should be 50 more items like this, not a bunch of pure stat sticks that make all other items irrelevant.

This may be difficult to understand, but one example pertained to a specific item, while the other pertained to itemization overall.

Melted Heart of Poo-Itemization is useless for the vast majority of builds, but is extremely useful for the 1%. Meaning, for the people who find it, they’ll run an identical build to what they’ve seen streamers use, while the 99% of the player base that hasn’t found it, don’t even have the option.

I know, I know, nuance isn’t your thing, such is the case for anyone attempting to straw-man their way into feeling correct, but if you simply use that thing sitting atop your neck, you’ll understand.

an item that make you immortal…in a game with hardcore mode being a thing is…an “excellent design” …yeah…no

this kind of item, in actually good designed game, still make you lose some HP or doesn’t work when your HP are too low : to avoid being unkillable.

and don’t you dare forget that D4 has PVP too…

One single item that can make null any kind of difficulty or challenge in hardcore, pvp or even abattoir of zir is definitely not an “excellent design”.

i’am guessing you just like cheat code huh.

I mean, yes, the item is not useful for anyone who didn’t find it. True of every item no matter its design.

Well designed chase items are ones you build around. If the item was BiS regardless of your build choices, it would be a dumb item.

There’s a pretty straightforward way to build around this item. It may be that streamers have identified the best 2-3 builds for doing so and that lazy players will choose to play those builds once they find the item. That also true of all items no matter how they are designed: if they are useful in any builds, certain builds will be the best ones that use them. Steamers and strategy sites will identify those best builds and some players will copy them.

But with powerful items like this, you can experiment with other options. Every class has basic attacks and cooldown attacks that can be combined into a build. Most of the time, it’s better to find ways to spend the primary resource you would generate, but Selig gives you a different way to spend it. It opens up build options.

We haven’t seen anyone attempt AoZ with it. If the builds that fully exploit it are able to clear high tier AoZ without difficulty, or if they are making PVP dumb even after people have leveled Tears of Blood, then some form of nerf will make sense. But are we even sure that these builds will be best for clearing AoZ?

dude…it’s a bad way of thinking.

People are already making thread about how badly it impact PVP and hardcore, it’s even in the first page of this forum.

and not being killeable will eitherway make AoZ easy : not fast true , but easy.
and whatever the case, we don’t and shouldn’t even take AoZ or the new glyph into account : both of these thing will only be there for 1 single month whereas this item will plague the game (and especially the pvp and hardcore mode) until it get fixed

it’s not about “let’s wait to see how it fare in this one-month long event” , it’s more about : this item is pretty much a god mode and shouldn’t be a thing.

Even in it’s best build , mana shield didn’t make you immortal in Diablo 2 : it could for regular monsters but not for pvp and actual dangerous elites / bosses.

Any kind of damage mitigation should have limit.

case in point : it currently make pvp and hardcore mode : challenge-less and impact these gametype negatively.

You have to be fast to beat AoZ. There’s a timer.

Balance changes will be made with the new season. Maybe Selig builds will still be unkillable in PVP, but they basically don’t care about PVP being balanced, so there’s no guarantee it gets fixed just for that. It’s possible that gauntlet clears will be too easy with certain Selig builds and therefore putting some cap on the total life it protects or the ratio of life to resource will be justified. But it’s also ok if certain builds are the best after collecting 3 Uber uniques (GF, Doom, and Selig), as long as they add other items over time that provide other viable options. Maybe Selig is easy but slow and you are better off with a more difficult to use to but faster build anyway.

Characters at the top end of the level and gearing curve being godlike is exactly what you want to see. More stuff like Selig >> nerfing anything that approaches Selig

Selig may make you immortal, but if you give up so much DPS you can’t beat the timer it doesn’t really matter. PvP is irrelevent

my one Uber in 120+ farms. Absolute Garbage Roll. Makes me wish I was a partner, so I could at least see the full potential of my build.

please remove this item directly it sucks in pvp

on a barb you are still critting for 100mil before the new glyph. i think immortal hota barbs are going to be just fine in aoz.

I’m running Hota barb. Cleared a 90 last week, can’t clear 75 without issue or bloodseeker nonsense this week at all. Made an evidently : offensive/deleted thread last week. #Tinfoilhat

At least they will fix it for PVP in S2, then the rest in S3.

1 Like

some kind of middle ground i guess.
won’t work in pvp in S2 but will still be busted in pve for one month
then will be balanced starting S3.
but seem fine i guess.

immortal shouldn’t EVER be a thing , in any game. (especially one with hardcore and pvp)

2 Likes

99% of your power will come from the new Glyph, that DPS loss from using the Melted Heart is like nothing.

But they are nerfing the amulet as predicted. On this Tuesday 12/5, will be nerfed for PvP, and then after S2 is over, will also be nerfed everywhere else. Have fun while it’s lasted.

99% is vastly incorrect
it will be x5 at most
that is not even close to 99%

and if u dont do any dmg to begin with than a x5 wont safe u

The best way to fix this item is to still take like 50 percent of the damage to health, and then the other 50 percent drains Resource. Then you can’t be invincible. I think it’s a dumb item, I don’t think you will be able to clear higher AoZ with this strategy. You lose a lot of damage potential with this amulet, especially considering most barbs need Talisman for the overpowers… It’s not as great as everyone thinks

Barb and Sorc can afford the DPS loss since they have it in abundance. Not so much for Necro who can also get immortal with this amulet since they don’t have surplus DPS.