Predict the Melted Heart of Selig NERF NERF! 🤔

Its evident this item is going to be changed. Its making all sorcs and barbarians immortal and makes the AoZ trivialized as characters are immune.

Melted Heart of Selig Current:

MELTED HEART OF SELIG CURRENT:

+19.0% Resistance to All Elements
+19.5% Core Skill Damage
+18 All Stats
+23.5% Damage while Healthy
12.0% Resource Generation
Gain 30 Maximum Resource. In addition, when you take damage, drain 3 Resource for every 1% of Life you would have lost instead.

MY MELTED HEART OF SELIG PREDICTION:

+19.0% Resistance to All Elements
+19.5% Core Skill Damage
+18 All Stats
+23.5% Damage while Healthy
12.0% Resource Generation
Gain 30 Maximum Resource. In addition, when you take PHYSICAL damage, drain 6 Resource for every 1% of Life you would have lost instead.

Add your own predictions frens!

Winner gets 5 Free Duriel Runs courtesy of Selig Himself!

1 Like

Nothing will change with the amulet until at least S3. If they make any changes to it, it won’t be until S3.
My guess.

And I’ll ask for a reward (duriel runs) on HC mode, thanks. :wink:

1 Like

even at 6 resource per 1% it would still function fine for barbs. they are going to need to rework it completely imo to really make it not a game breaker.

1 Like

What? I was assured in this thread (Unique items are still really bad overall) that the item was

Now you’re telling me it’s actually OP? Blizzard can’t even keep item balance constant when they don’t change anything in the game.

1 Like

Gain 30 Maximum Resource. In addition, when you take damage, drain 3 Resource for every 1% of Life you would have lost instead. This effect can only happen once every 20 seconds.

Mine only works for physical damage and doubled the cost. Still too op??

well majority of dmg is physical. so ya it would still be really powerful. i honestly dont know what they should do but maybe completely change the unique aspect on it.

The thing is the immortal build will probably not work after this season as we lose the vampire powers. Currently it works because of the vampire power that gives you DR when you have less health. So unless that comes back in some form in the future it will be very hard to get yourself to a point that you become immortal with the melted heart

2 Likes

that isnt accurate as the immortal build doesnt require you to have low health, that is only 1 build. you can run the immortal build with full health and never benefit from resilience

100 corpse bows can take down sorc and barb even with Selig. :grinning:

blizzard wont nerf anything. They could, however, for AoZ add resource burn elites.

This is an item I have no interest in, just doesn’t appeal me.

-I get that all these streamers jumping through hoops lately in preparation for the new mechanic have brought this to the forefront lately.

-I REALLY hope I am wrong about the new mechanic. Trying to reserve judgement until I try it. My instinct though is… Damn. I completed a tier 100 dungeon. I still can’t do Uber Lilith. I have tried and tried. I just think my reflexes are not fast enough?

-So now there will be more content like that.

-All the speculation, this amulet all of a sudden being in the spotlight… I am just getting increasingly disheartened.

-Look— even if this new mechanic winds up being just for the ultra-sweaties, I hope they really enjoy it. I’ll engage with it the best way I can.

-Just also hoping… maybe… some content for those that can deal with nightmare 100 but not so much Lilith.

1 Like

It doesn’t need a nerf when AoZ is designed for overtuned, broken, and OP builds anyway. What needs to happen is make AoZ viable enough for all (not just meta but excluding fringe) builds (using Sorc as an example, Incinerate build should be viable as a baseline) but make AoZ difficult enough for each build. I am thinking at the very least like T100 back in pre-Season.

Yes, folks will still trivialize this content. No difference with the upcoming AoZ with Selig, but the biggest difference is AoZ is now accessible to all builds if devs decide to follow my suggestion.

nothing will change in S2, thats a fact

I mean the fix could be easy.

Absorbed damage via barrier/heart of selig generates no fury for barb.

Only if you loose life you get Fury as you should. The idea is you get Fury when you get angry aka injured.

i think youll be fine. the easiest tier is supposed to be similar in difficulty as a 100nmd.

So even if your reflexes are slow, you start off pretty solid in the easy tier, and progress as you level the glyph =)

and it shouldn’t. Changing a build midseason sucks for people that have invested a lot of time into the game on a particular character. D2:R did this with Barbs right in the middle of the first or second season and completely trashed whirlwind. A lot of people had to rebuild or abandon their characters. With d4’s short seasons, there’s no reason not to just wait it out and make changes later when it won’t affect someone’s season and their ability to complete the objective for that season in a timely manner.

2 Likes

In this thread:

• Complaining a Uber item requiring potentially hundreds of hours of grind to find, is potentially too strong.

In other threads:

• People complaining it takes them hundreds of hours to find any Uber item and they should be more common.

Anyway, I have the Heart of Selig and can’t make my barb immortal without really min-maxing my gear and losing a lot of damage on its build, which I’m not willing to do. It’s an edge case, and it’s a Uber unique, I don’t think nerf is needed.

It’s just funny that literally 2 weeks ago there were streamers and users complaining that the Heart of Selig was the worst of Ubers.

What’s next? Ring of Starless is actually OP?

Exactly, people thinks that.selig gives infinite defenses just because with no diminished returns, it does weaken the power output by a lot. People who complains havent even tried it, they just watch some streamer who takes everything from his viewers and think its easy. Its a very niche build working on barbarian at some extent so does for sorc, yet a 4 defenses amulet may still be better in most cases.

OH that is an interesting point. Return of resource burn which clearly already exists in features but just got removed from rotation.

@BaalMelqart you brought regular food to a cheezee fight. You are fighting too honorably. Gotta bring more cheeze.