Predict the Melted Heart of Selig NERF NERF! 🤔

I think Varshan still burn resources. But I guess that’s pretty much irrelevant.

anyone remember the old nm affix where any ranged damage took resource? they were usually filled with quill rats and archers, yea, good luck running a “Immortal” toon through that and thinking it is gonna hold up. I am just speculating of course but i would bet money there will be a resource burn tier or something similar that will wipe those “immortal” builds right out.

It wont be changed, uber uniques are suppose to enable power fantasies

It shouldnt be nerfed at all, if youve farmed that much, good on you

It’s going to be useless once nerfed, pretty sure about that when it comes to Blizzard, it might not be even worth to be an Uber unique without its current properties.

It’s pretty much a fraction of fixing itemisation.

if they add resource burn just to counter selig, imagine the effect it has on every other build. no one would be able to do AoZ. imagine trying to do content harder than t100 that is timed with no resource whatsoever.

it would be a challenge no doubt.

Urza must have gotten mauled in Alzuuda. lol.

Get gud.

they don’t even need to change the stats or flavor text or anything
Just make it not work when you have less than 5% hp : meaning you’ll simply die.

In fairness I have died a few times standing in poison so it did not make me immortal lol

making yourself unkillable and clearing the rift in time are two different things. it’s not an iron man award. its speed / time. if you use that amulet you have a very high bottom and low ceiling.

Its an uber for a reason idiots.

What does this even mean? Come on ppl this is a predict the Selig Nerf thread. Get your thinking cap on and predict a nerf. Yes one might not happen but I think it will! First uber to be rebalanced.

thank you elaborating for me, youre so kind.

1 Like

I don’t see an issue with being immortal. If you die in softcore, you can respawn again. In hardcore, it takes a lot of time to farm for a selig. If you can farm it and all the other necessary gear, you deserve to be immortal.

Selig is fine. Raise difficulty level of the content.

It’s OP in like 1% of all builds in the game. You need a massive excess of resources, and you simultaneously need to use a very small percentage per cast.

Honestly, Blizz just doesn’t know how to develop an ARPG at this point.

In the past, uniques were generally great items, but rares (and even blues) were capable of being BiS, while runewords offered a consistent BiS item with an alternative path outside of magic finding.

Now, they just make uniques that suck the majority of the time, until someone finds a a niche application that abuses its mechanic.

Just bad design philosophy overall, that makes the game impossible to balance.

You need massive life, DR, and resource gen. for the Selig immortal build to work in the first place since the basic idea is that resource gen. > resource loss due to mobs chipping away your resource pool.

You can live with normal resource cost per cast if you still have resource gen. > resource loss due to mobs hitting you.

We still don’t know the damage vs health scaling of the mobs. It may be selig nerfs damage to the point of not clearing the dungeons and is unnecessary to survive. What I’m saying is that these immortal builds may just turn out to be meme builds and functionally get relegated to PvP.

It’s OP in builds tuned specifically to exploit it. That’s exactly how good items should work. You find an item that is impossibly strong if you build around it and now you have a reason to go do exactly that. It’s an excellent design.

1 Like

Nah, it’s horrid.

The hardest items to find in the entire game are useless for 99% of the player base. That’s entirely ridiculous. It wouldn’t be a big deal if they had hundreds of uniques per class, like other ARPG’s, but we have like 20, and uber uniques are nearly impossible to find. If anything, the uber uniques should be the ones that are generally useful across the board, not niche items that force you into respeccing and changing every other piece of gear you had previously worked for.

This is garbage design that entirely destroys the rush you should get when a unique drops. Rather than being excited, it’s just, “Well, I guess I could use that if I wanted to build the same, old, boring crap everyone else builds. Nevermind the fact that I like to come up with my own builds and just wish there were generally useful uniques I could hunt for.”

1 Like