Pit Boss HP Bugged

Also if it is a bug it is a game killing bug and my son made video games for a major company and I promise he would never allow game killing bugs to go even on a PTR much less anything else. He calls this a SEVERITY 1.

1 Like

This is indeed bugged. We found the issue after the reports. We will probably not adjust this in the PTR but please note that HP will be tweaked down for the Season 5 release.

Thanks for the reports.

11 Likes

My leap/ww barb can’t hurt the pit bosses enough to even continue the fight and it’s taking 3-4 minutes longer to get through the mobs. I usually had 10+ minutes after the mobs, and could kill the boss in 2 or 3 minutes sometimes faster.

This pretty much makes masterworking impossible if you want mats from the pit lol

7 Likes

This is not an adequate response to a PTR test in which materials are gated by the very thing that is bugged.

How can I test a new build if I have no materials to masterwork? I might as well just uninstall the PTR and PRAY that “odd team” doesn’t brick their 3rd season in a row.

11 Likes

This should be hotfixed so new uniques and legendaries can be thoroughly tested.

3 Likes

This is not good enough. D3 PTR hotfix bugs like this. Are your coding team so incompetent to hotfix something like this?

If this is the attitude, why PTR? Who cares if massive bugs on live server?

3 Likes

This “tip” works really well in hardcore

3 Likes

NMDs have the same problem

1 Like

Lol, this ptr really is a giant sh!tshow isnt it?

5 Likes

Confirmed this as well.

1 Like

I think all bosses over a certain lvl got the same treatment as the wold bosses (super dooper damage resistant). I was fighting a nm96 boss for like 5 minutes, lol :smiley:

2 Likes

i think the players are requesting the devs to fix the HP bug. if the bug isn’t fix, why start the ptr in the first place. this kind of response is totally irresponsible.

1 Like

So how do we get neathiron? Can’t you guys get us straight to testing in the PTR instead of wasting our time with farming? What exactly are you testing on PTR? Our patience?

9 Likes

Then just adjust the drop rate of mats from the pit by like 5 fold. There’s no way I’m powering through 50 hours of pit runs to test a build. 5 hours of play into the PTR and none of my builds work and I have no mats to build new ones. The only thing being tested in this PTR so far is my patience.

It’s a test realm and Blizzard has already decided what to focus on when it comes to collecting data. There are plenty of players with masterworked gear. This PTR is just a bonus, it was not mandatory to set up a PTR to make Season 5 happen.

It was a perfectly adequate response. If you always shoot the messenger we won’t have one.

There is a workaround - enter 1 step into boss chamber and immediately go out, it will trigger boss spawn and lock you out, wait like 5 seconds until it despawn and open wall again - it will have normal scaling afterwards for the run.

4 Likes

Then how could HC players properly test their characters?

I saw that you can run into the boss zone and run out right away so it starts and resets without you inside but I havnt tested this myself lol so it might work /shrug

Its impossible to test anything meaningful if the boss (pit/nmd/etc) are off this much.

4 Likes